Author Topic: Kanopus-ST - Soyuz-2.1v/Volga - Plesetsk 43/4 - December 5, 2015 (14:09 UTC)  (Read 51798 times)

Online Galactic Penguin SST

Anyone knows if the last known launch date of February 1st is still holding or not? I think chances are that air-space and maritime closure notices should have been issued for this by now if this is true....  ::)
« Last Edit: 12/05/2015 01:33 pm by Galactic Penguin SST »
Astronomy & spaceflight geek penguin. In a relationship w/ Space Shuttle Discovery. Current Priority: Chasing the Chinese Spaceflight Wonder Egg & A Certain Chinese Mars Rover

Anyone knows if the last known launch date of February 1st is still holding or not? I think chances are that air-space and maritime closure notices should have been issued for this by now if this is true....  ::)

A cursory check of NOTAMs of the probable drop zones yields zero results. With another top secret thing confirmed to use the same launch pad in late February I guess this one won't get off till at least March?  :-X
Astronomy & spaceflight geek penguin. In a relationship w/ Space Shuttle Discovery. Current Priority: Chasing the Chinese Spaceflight Wonder Egg & A Certain Chinese Mars Rover

Online zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
  • Arc to Arcturus, then Spike to Spica
  • Sometimes it feels like Trantor in the time of Hari Seldon
  • Liked: 7404
  • Likes Given: 72487
How long does it take to change out the pad equipment between the set-up for a Soyuz-2-1V launch vs. a Soyuz-2-1A or Soyuz-2-1B launch?  This operation would add to the pad turn-around time, would it not?

Zubenelgenubi
Support your local planetarium! (COVID-panic and forward: Now more than ever.) My current avatar is saying "i wants to go uppies!" Yes, there are God-given rights. Do you wish to gainsay the Declaration of Independence?

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4672
  • Likes Given: 768
How long does it take to change out the pad equipment between the set-up for a Soyuz-2-1V launch vs. a Soyuz-2-1A or Soyuz-2-1B launch?  This operation would add to the pad turn-around time, would it not?

Zubenelgenubi
the only items removed and added to configure between the versions is the launch pedestal arm extensions and that is only 16 bolts per pedestal or 64 bolts total. there is little piping to the core stage that will need a tad bit of adjustment and caps installed at the ends of unused piping when the outboard boosters arent flown.

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
  • Campo do Geręs - Portugal
  • Liked: 1969
  • Likes Given: 1156
According to http://www.militarynews.ru/story.asp?rid=1&nid=364937 (in Russian), launch will take place on the second quarter of 2015.

Online zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
  • Arc to Arcturus, then Spike to Spica
  • Sometimes it feels like Trantor in the time of Hari Seldon
  • Liked: 7404
  • Likes Given: 72487

Zubenelgenubi
the only items removed and added to configure between the versions is the launch pedestal arm extensions and that is only 16 bolts per pedestal or 64 bolts total. there is little piping to the core stage that will need a tad bit of adjustment and caps installed at the ends of unused piping when the outboard boosters arent flown.
Thank you, RH117!
Zubenelgenubi
Support your local planetarium! (COVID-panic and forward: Now more than ever.) My current avatar is saying "i wants to go uppies!" Yes, there are God-given rights. Do you wish to gainsay the Declaration of Independence?

Today a VKO spokesperson confirms that this one will fly in the summer of 2015: http://tass.ru/kosmos/1786800

Offline Nicolas PILLET

• Gien, France
    • Kosmonavtika
  • Liked: 670
  • Likes Given: 134
According to this picture, launch will take place on September 4th, 2015.
Payload will be Kanopus-ST and satellite КЮА-1, whatever it is.
Nicolas PILLET
Kosmonavtika : The French site on Russian Space

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
  • Campo do Geręs - Portugal
  • Liked: 1969
  • Likes Given: 1156
Previous information was that this launch was schedule for September 4, 2015. Do we have any other info about this?

Previous information was that this launch was schedule for September 4, 2015. Do we have any other info about this?

Well, NK's "official schedule" is now showing it as 3Q/4Q 2015.

I do wonder what will happen at Plesetsk for the remaining part of 2015 - early in the year I remember that they planned as many as 10 Soyuz rockets launching from there this year. Only 3 has flown so far.  :-X

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator

Well, NK's "official schedule" is now showing it as 3Q/4Q 2015.

I do wonder what will happen at Plesetsk for the remaining part of 2015 - early in the year I remember that they planned as many as 10 Soyuz rockets launching from there this year. Only 3 has flown so far.  :-X
well we have 43/3 and 16/2 in active upgrades for their future launchings. also have some of the Plesetsk MIK's undergoing work too, so I have no clue when we'll have a launch.

Offline Prober

• Save the spin....I'm keeping you honest!
  • Nevada
  • Liked: 721
  • Likes Given: 729
Giving this one a bump....

any news?  This was the same basic engine as Orbital used.

2017 - Everything Old is New Again.
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant..." --Isoroku Yamamoto

Offline Prober

• Nevada
Re: Kanopus-ST - Soyuz-2.1v/Volga - 4Q 2015 (?) - Plesetsk 43/4
« Reply #12 on: 10/07/2015 01:37 pm »
Test fire

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/nk33.html#2015

"On October 5, 2015, the United Engine Corporation, ODK, announced that it had conducted a successful 40-second test firing of the NK-33 engine to certify it for the use on the Soyuz-2-1v rocket

Offline jcm

• Jonathan McDowell
  • Somerville, Massachusetts, USA
    • Jonathan's Space Report
  • Liked: 1290
  • Likes Given: 775
« Reply #13 on: 10/07/2015 02:18 pm »

Ooh wish I could read the numbers on that chart properly.  KYuA-1 mass 15.8 kg, is that right?
-----------------------------

Jonathan McDowell
http://planet4589.org

Online Skyrocket

• Extreme Veteran
  • Frankfurt am Main, Germany
  • Liked: 940
  • Likes Given: 172
« Reply #14 on: 10/07/2015 11:06 pm »

Ooh wish I could read the numbers on that chart properly.  KYuA-1 mass 15.8 kg, is that right?

I think, this is right. Did some attempts to improve the readability of the photo and "15.8 kg" seems to be correct.

BTW: the KYuA-1 looks somewhat similar to the SKRL-756 calibration spheres on the maiden flight of the Soyuz-2-1v

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: 10/07/2015 11:10 pm »

I think, this is right. Did some attempts to improve the readability of the photo and "15.8 kg" seems to be correct.

BTW: the KYuA-1 looks somewhat similar to the SKRL-756 calibration spheres on the maiden flight of the Soyuz-2-1v
SKRL-756 calibration spheres: Yes

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: 10/09/2015 04:26 pm »
Test fire

"On October 5, 2015, the United Engine Corporation, ODK, announced that it had conducted a successful 40-second test firing of the NK-33 engine to certify it for the use on the Soyuz-2-1v rocket
You left out the most important part of the entire post:
On October 5, 2015, the United Engine Corporation, ODK, announced that it had conducted a successful 40-second test firing of the NK-33 engine to certify it for the use on the Soyuz-2-1v rocket, which at the time was being prepared for its second launch. The firing tested an upgraded combustion chamber and a newly manufactured ignition chamber. (Both components were modified in the wake of an Antares rocket failure in 2014.) The ODK said that the final processing of the fifth NK-33 engine would be completed within next two weeks before its shipment to RKTs Progress, the developer of the Soyuz rocket family.
« Last Edit: 10/09/2015 04:27 pm by russianhalo117 »

Offline Prober

• Nevada
« Reply #17 on: 10/09/2015 06:01 pm »
Test fire

You left out the most important part of the entire post:
On October 5, 2015, the United Engine Corporation, ODK, announced that it had conducted a successful 40-second test firing of the NK-33 engine to certify it for the use on the Soyuz-2-1v rocket, which at the time was being prepared for its second launch. The firing tested an upgraded combustion chamber and a newly manufactured ignition chamber. (Both components were modified in the wake of an Antares rocket failure in 2014.) The ODK said that the final processing of the fifth NK-33 engine would be completed within next two weeks before its shipment to RKTs Progress, the developer of the Soyuz rocket family.

Just thought of something .....maybe we can get more details of the Antares from the Russian point of view?

anik's list on NK is now showing this launch scheduled on December 9 - not sure what his source is.  :P

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
anik's list on NK is now showing this launch scheduled on December 9 - not sure what his source is.  :P
most likely valid

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography