Author Topic: Soyuz-2.1b/Fregat - Glonass-M blok S9 - Plesetsk 43/3 - 28 Nov 2022 (15:17 UTC)  (Read 18745 times)

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
  • Arc to Arcturus, then Spike to Spica
  • Sometimes it feels like Trantor in the time of Hari Seldon
  • Liked: 7405
  • Likes Given: 72501
Cross-post re: final Glonass-M launch:
https://twitter.com/anik1982space/status/1230887405433106434
Google translate:
Interesting news from the insurance conference: 1. This year, 3 launches of Glonass satellites: M No. 60 in March, K No. 15 in the 2nd quarter, K No. 16 at the end of the year. M No. 61 for operational necessity;

This should be satellite No. 61, launching from Plesetsk, either LC 43/4 or 43/3.

And, if launch is successful, the satellite will receive a Kosmos designation.

Are there any deductions that can be made regarding the intended orbital slot of the final Glonass-M satellite?
« Last Edit: 11/29/2022 10:35 pm by zubenelgenubi »
Support your local planetarium! (COVID-panic and forward: Now more than ever.) My current avatar is saying "i wants to go uppies!" Yes, there are God-given rights. Do you wish to gainsay the Declaration of Independence?

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
Cross-post; my bold:
Seeking correction, please

Testoyedov from Reshetnyov has told about his ten satellites: two launched - Meridian-M and Glonass-M, two at Baikonur - Ekspress-80/103, six at storage or in produce - two Glonass-K, one Glonass-M, three Gonets-M.
« Last Edit: 04/12/2020 11:23 pm by zubenelgenubi »
Support your local planetarium! (COVID-panic and forward: Now more than ever.) My current avatar is saying "i wants to go uppies!" Yes, there are God-given rights. Do you wish to gainsay the Declaration of Independence?

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
Cross-post; my bold:
https://www.iss-reshetnev.ru/media/newspaper/newspaper-2020/newspaper-505.pdf
Google translate:
... says CEO Nikolay Testoedov
ABOUT GLONASS SYSTEM
Next year the launches will be carried out on an operational basis, but two Glonass-K will definitely be launched, the second of which has a larger number of navigation signals, that is, this is an evolutionary development of the satellite. The launch of "Glonass-K2" is planned, and I am almost sure that the launch of the last "Glonass-M" will take place, because the resource of its ground storage will end by that time. Thus, approximately next year we have to launch four vehicles ...

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
Cross-post; my bold:
https://ria.ru/20210124/glonass-1594331273.html
Google translate:
"This year, it is planned to launch five satellites: the last Glonass-M - within a year, two Glonass-K - in the second and third quarters, two Glonass-K2 - in the third and fourth quarters," the source said. agencies.
« Last Edit: 01/24/2021 01:27 pm by zubenelgenubi »

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
Re: Rogozin's recent statement: Why not proceed with this launch?  The satellite has already been assembled.
« Last Edit: 06/19/2021 08:53 pm by zubenelgenubi »

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
Re: Rogozin's recent statement: Why not proceed with this launch?  The satellite has already been assembled.

Cross-post; my bold:
https://ria.ru/20210618/glonass-1737502928.html
google translate:
The source spoke about plans to expand the GLONASS system in 2021
03:31 18.06.2021

The source told about the expected replenishment of the orbital group of the GLONASS system in 2021

MOSCOW, June 18 - RIA Novosti. The orbital grouping of the Russian global navigation system GLONASS will be replenished with two or four satellites in 2021, a source in the rocket and space industry told RIA Novosti.
"They are preparing to launch (in 2021) from two to four devices," the source said.
<snip>
The source did not rule out that the next satellite, which will be launched into space, will be the last "Glonass-M" with number 61.
<snip>
« Last Edit: 06/19/2021 08:58 pm by zubenelgenubi »

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
Any "new news"?

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
Wow.  Not even the last Glonass-M?
Any indications of progress [towards the next Glonass-K launch]?
according to launch calendar in NK forum no Glonass launch in 2021.
« Last Edit: 10/13/2021 09:55 am by zubenelgenubi »

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
Wow.  Not even the last Glonass-M?
Any indications of progress [towards the next Glonass-K launch]?
according to launch calendar in NK forum no Glonass launch in 2021.

Yes, not even the last Glonass-M
See GWR64's post regarding his observations disputing the interviewee's claim that Glonass is a fully operational system.
Cross-post; my bold italics:
From the interview with Nikolay Testoedov from ISS Reshetnev at RIA Novosti.
https://ria.ru/20211008/testoedov-1753516458.html  [dated October 8]
Google translate:
<snip>
- The last GLONASS satellite of the previous generation, Glonass-M, has not been launched into orbit, which this year is ending its ground storage period.

- We have extended the storage period until the end of this year and will extend, if necessary, until the middle of next [year, 2022]. Considering that our similar devices are guaranteed to work for one and a half terms, we are absolutely sure that this device will also work after the launch of the warranty period of seven years.
<snip>
« Last Edit: 10/16/2021 10:39 pm by zubenelgenubi »

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
Cross-post:
https://ria.ru/20211220/glonass-1764483094.html
The current plan is to launch the first Glonass-K2 satellite in the second quarter of 2022 followed by the second Glonass-K2 satellite in the following quarter. It was also added that the final Glonass-M satellite currently in reserve will most likely be launched in the first quarter.

Offline Josh_from_Canada

• Saskatchewan Canada
  • Liked: 584
  • Likes Given: 182
Satellite is being taken out of storage and being readied for a launch in March 2022.
https://tass.ru/kosmos/13330673
Launches Seen: Atlas V OA-7, Falcon 9 Starlink 6-4, Falcon 9 CRS-28,

Offline GWR64

• Germany
  • Liked: 1697
  • Likes Given: 1042
Satellite is being taken out of storage and being readied for a launch in March 2022.

Most likely this last Glonass-M satellite is supposed to replace the Glonass M 736 on slot 16.
It has not been in operation for over two weeks.
Glonass-M 736 was in operation for more than 11 years. The first half of that time on slot 9.
Early 2016, he was moved to slot 16 to replace the defective 738.

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
"At the moment, the last of the ground reserve, the Glonass-M satellite, has been removed from storage. Technologically, it will be ready for launch from mid-March," the agency's source said.

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
Will this launch proceed in the near future?

Given recent developments, the first indication of imminent launch could be the NOTAMs and/or NOTMARs.

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
Any new news?

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
Will this launch proceed in the near future?
Any new news?

The primary source of information for this actually is another forum:
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/Космические-технологии.1045319/page-1167
(see post 23,330 on May 19 and following ones)

Other dates given: 
-Glonass-K N°16 (Plesetsk): August 2022
-Glonass-M N°61, Glonass-K N°17, Glonass-K2 N°13 (Plesetsk): 3rd quarter of 2022
-Luna-25: 22 August 2022 (but will likely be delayed)
-Ionosfera-1 and 2 (Vostochny): March 2023

Offline owais.usmani

• Liked: 368
  • Likes Given: 582
Re: Soyuz-2.1b/Fregat - Glonass-M blok S9 - Plesetsk 43/X - TBD
« Reply #16 on: 11/02/2022 05:44 pm »

Almost an year has passed since this satellite was taken out of storage. Why they do not launch it already? Or has the satellite's warranty period expired? Are they going to discard this last M version unit?
« Last Edit: 11/02/2022 05:53 pm by zubenelgenubi »

Offline Satori

• Global Moderator
  • Campo do Geręs - Portugal
  • Liked: 1969
  • Likes Given: 1156
F3698/22 NOTAMN
Q) YMMM/QWMLW/IV/BO/W/000/999/6224S16254E040
A) YMMM
B) 2211271500 C) 2211301730
D) DAILY 1500/1730
E) ROCKET LAUNCH FROM RUSSIA WILL TAKE PLACE
FLW RECEIVED FROM GOVERNMENT OF RUSSIA: THE RUSSIAN AEROSPACE FORCES
PLAN TO LAUNCH MISSILE AND TO SINK ITS FRAGMENTS IN THE WATERS OF THE
OCEAN.
CHARACTERISTICS OF IMPACT AREA:
621200S 1630000E
624020S 1630000E
623300S 1623336E
621200S 1630000E
F) SFC G) UNL
CREATED: 15 Nov 2022 19:25:00
SOURCE: YBBBZEZX

NOTAM for a Russian space launch between November 27 and November 30. This is for the impact of the third stage in the Pacific. The coordinates are very similar to those for Glonass launches. If this is indeed for a Glonass, it is not quite clear for which one. Glonass-K2 nr. 13L was supposed to fly before the end of the year, but was still undergoing final tests at ISS Reshetnev in late October, so the question is if it could have been shipped to Plesetsk and readied for launch since then. Another possible candidate is Glonass-M nr. 61L.

Online Alter Sachse

• Near Heidelberg
  • Liked: 1481
  • Likes Given: 1784
15:00 to 17:30 is UTC ?
One day you're a hero  next day you're a clown  there's nothing that is in between
        Jeff Lynne - "21century man"

Offline B. Hendrickx

• Liked: 1891
  • Likes Given: 67
15:00 to 17:30 is UTC ?

The times in the NOTAMs are usually UTC, but impact zone announcements for the first and second stages published in the Russian press in recent days give the window as 17:00 to 19:30 Moscow time, which corresponds to 14:00-16:30 UTC. The primary launch date is November 27, with November 28, 29 and 30 as back-up dates.

The impact zones will be in the Komi republic (1st stage) and the Tyumen region (2nd stage). These are for launches into 63-64° inclination orbits and are used not only by Glonass, but also by Tundra and Meridian. However, the coordinates given for the third stage impact zone in the Pacific are unique to Glonass, so that would still seem to be the payload. It is still unclear though which Glonass is going up. There is conflicting information on the whereabouts of Glonass-M nr. 61L. There appears to have been a report (now removed) on the ISS Reshetnev website that the satellite had been shipped to Plesetsk, but an ISS Reshetnev insider on the NK forum claims it is still at the factory. Best guess right now is Glonass-K2 nr. 13L, but awaiting further information.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography