Author Topic: Delta IV-H - NROL-71 - (19:10 UTC) January 19, 2019  (Read 149796 times)

Offline Newton_V

• United States
  • Liked: 822
  • Likes Given: 129
That is called the pain chart/table.

Yes, the pain level on DIV Heavy is T-7 seconds, so luckily it scrubbed before that last week.

Offline FutureSpaceTourist

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 81685
  • Likes Given: 36941
https://twitter.com/ulalaunch/status/1074743040906907648

We are go for launch! The Launch Readiness Review (LRR) was completed this morning. At the conclusion of the meeting, senior leaders were polled and gave a unanimous “go” for launch. http://bit.ly/div_nrol71
« Last Edit: 12/17/2018 06:19 pm by FutureSpaceTourist »

Offline Jdeshetler

• Silicon Valley, CA
  • Liked: 3673
  • Likes Given: 3551
The 19 mph ground wind is forecast for tomorrow so let hope it may died down a bit once the sun comes down for 5:57pm launch.
« Last Edit: 12/18/2018 02:48 am by Jdeshetler »

Offline Earendil

Dam, first time in the USA and long time lurker here.. was so excited for a launch to happen mere  2hrs drive from me.. and now this wind...

So there is 80% chance for the launch not happening..  What would you advice? To head up after the next forecast, about noon tomorrow? Renwick Ave or Floradale Ave ?

Offline DaveS

• Shuttle program observer
  • Sweden
  • Liked: 1199
  • Likes Given: 65
"For Sardines, space is no problem!"
-1996 Astronaut class slogan

"We're rolling in the wrong direction but for the right reasons"
-USA engineer about the rollback of Discovery prior to the STS-114 Return To Flight mission

Offline terryy

• Liked: 34
  • Likes Given: 0
Dam, first time in the USA and long time lurker here.. was so excited for a launch to happen mere  2hrs drive from me.. and now this wind...

So there is 80% chance for the launch not happening..  What would you advice? To head up after the next forecast, about noon tomorrow? Renwick Ave or Floradale Ave ?

If you are still in town on Wednesday for the next launch attempt, the weather looks better.  As for viewing spot, I would suggest going to the Surf Beach Amtrak station.  It was open to the public during the initial launch attempt on the 7th and 8th.  I would suggest you get there at least 2 hours before launch.  It got pretty crowded after that when I was there on the 8th.

Offline hootowls

• Liked: 39
  • Likes Given: 1

If you are still in town on Wednesday for the next launch attempt, the weather looks better.  As for viewing spot, I would suggest going to the Surf Beach Amtrak station.  It was open to the public during the initial launch attempt on the 7th and 8th.  I would suggest you get there at least 2 hours before launch.  It got pretty crowded after that when I was there on the 8th.

Looks like those days are over - you will now see a roadblock prior to Ocean Park and Surf Station, same as is done on other launches.  This started today.

Offline Jdeshetler

• Silicon Valley, CA
  • Liked: 3673
  • Likes Given: 3551
Shot with 4K during our remote camera setups last Monday.

Offline Ronsmytheiii

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1879
  • Likes Given: 1023

Offline RocketLover0119

• Space Geek
  • Tampa, Florida
  • Liked: 6791
  • Likes Given: 1609
from the live blog, a brief hold was called, now underway again:

"T-minus 2 hours, 53 minutes and holding. Fueling operations are on hold while the team is troubleshooting a valve at the launch pad. A red team is being sent to Space Launch Complex 6 to manually close the valve."

"The valve has been closed remotely and fueling operations are resuming."
"The Starship has landed"

Offline x15captain13

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0

Looks like those days are over - you will now see a roadblock prior to Ocean Park and Surf Station, same as is done on other launches.  This started today.

Did you see the roadblock today?

Offline Earendil

There is a roadblock..

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline ChrisGebhardt

• Assistant Managing Editor
  • ad astra scientia
  • ~1 AU
  • Liked: 7877
  • Likes Given: 853
Fueling is complete.

Offline RocketLover0119

• Space Geek
  • Tampa, Florida
Picture of Delta IV Heavy tanking ahead of launch, on the live blog, link below for those who want to follow along prior to the webcast:

https://www.ulalaunch.com/missions/delta-iv-nrol-71

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
    • Steven Pietrobon's Space Archive
  • Liked: 32738
  • Likes Given: 8196
https://www.ulalaunch.com/missions/delta-iv-nrol-71

"4:55 p.m. PST (7:55 p.m. EST; 0055 UTC)
The standard post-fueling inspections of the rocket’s outer thermal insulation is underway using launch pad cameras."
Akin's Laws of Spacecraft Design #1:  Engineering is done with numbers.  Analysis without numbers is only an opinion.

Offline RocketLover0119

• Space Geek
  • Tampa, Florida
Launch time adjusted to 5:49 PT, due to the hold earlier in the count.

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
Livestream.

Akin's Laws of Spacecraft Design #1:  Engineering is done with numbers.  Analysis without numbers is only an opinion.

Offline ZachS09

• Space Savant
  • Roanoke, TX
  • Liked: 2345
  • Likes Given: 2060
Since the launch time has been moved by five minutes, the webcast should start in about ten minutes.

EDIT: Never mind. It'll start earlier.
« Last Edit: 12/20/2018 12:20 am by ZachS09 »
Liftoff for St. Jude's! Go Dragon, Go Falcon, Godspeed Inspiration4!

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
Colour check.

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
T-25 minutes. Not for resale notice.
« Last Edit: 12/20/2018 12:24 am by Steven Pietrobon »

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography