Author Topic: RS EVA VKD-59 - Experiment retrieval and comms - June 22nd [Prokopiev, Petelin]  (Read 10862 times)

Offline Yellowstone10

Telemetry monoblock jettisoned.
« Last Edit: 06/22/2023 04:50 pm by Yellowstone10 »

Offline Yellowstone10

Pretty big paint chip liberated off the handrails there as they prepare to mount the new data transmission unit.

Offline Yellowstone10

Getting ready to mate cables to the new data transmission unit.
« Last Edit: 06/22/2023 05:15 pm by Yellowstone10 »

Offline Yellowstone10

All four cables have been mated to the new data transmission unit. (Also the Russian approach of just sewing on fabric tape to serve as the labels on the MLI is charmingly low-tech.)

Offline Yellowstone10

In true Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fashion, this cosmonaut knows where his towel is. (It's attached to the crew lock bag.)

Offline Yellowstone10

Nice view of the new antenna group on the left, Petelin (?) in the middle, and one of the other exterior experiments (whose name I can't recall) on the right.

Offline Yellowstone10

Protective shrouds removed from the new antenna unit.

Offline Yellowstone10

Interesting to spot the old RKA logo there on Zvezda. Also, Progress MS-22 there at the back.

Offline Yellowstone10

Prokopiev has installed a cover on an Impact scientific experiment and removed it from Zvezda to be returned inside the station.

Offline Yellowstone10

A wide-angle view showing Petelin and the new antenna unit, with what looks like the world's tiniest SASAs on it...

Offline Yellowstone10

Experiment cassette removed from the rear face of Zvezda and bagged up for retrieval inside the station.
« Last Edit: 06/22/2023 06:20 pm by Yellowstone10 »

Offline Yellowstone10

Taking imagery of the Lira antenna boom.

Offline Yellowstone10

I don't have audio at the moment (I might be watching this in the middle of a Zoom meeting...), but it looks like they're cleaning up and heading forward towards the airlock.

Offline Yellowstone10

Window cleaning task underway.

Offline Yellowstone10

Hah, I think Prokopiev is posing for photos taken by Fedyaev through the window they just cleaned.

Offline Yellowstone10

Pretty cool view down at Nauka and the Earth as the cosmonauts inspect their spacesuits for contamination.

Offline Yellowstone10

scrub a dub dub
« Last Edit: 06/22/2023 07:39 pm by Yellowstone10 »

Offline Yellowstone10

Space littering.

(Two towels jettisoned.)

Offline Yellowstone10

Prokopiev back at the Poisk airlock.

(Edit - not retrieving Biorisk quite yet as of this picture)
« Last Edit: 06/22/2023 08:15 pm by Yellowstone10 »

Offline Yellowstone10

Good view into the airlock as they work to stow the samples they retrieved during today's spacewalk.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography