Author Topic: US EVA 88 - IROSA 1B Channel Installation - Jun 15, 2023 (Hoburg, Bowen)  (Read 8778 times)

Online Targeteer

• near hangar 18
  • Liked: 3147
  • Likes Given: 1085
May 26, 2023
MEDIA ADVISORY M23-067

NASA to Provide Briefing, Coverage of Spacewalks for Station Upgrades

On June 15, the same pair of astronauts will install an IROSA on the 1B power channel on the starboard truss. Assignments for U.S. EVA 88 will be determined at a later date.
« Last Edit: 06/10/2023 01:33 pm by Targeteer »
Best quote heard during an inspection, "I was unaware that I was the only one who was aware."

Online catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 7873
  • Likes Given: 7349

Scheduled for Jun 15, 2023  #NASA #Astronaut #Spacewalk
NASA astronauts Steve Bowen and Warren "Woody" Hoburg are taking a spacewalk on Thursday, June 15, to add a new solar panel to the International Space Station.

Bowen and Hoburg are scheduled to install a second International Space Station Roll-Out Solar Array, or IROSA, on this spacewalk, after previously installing one on June 9. The new arrays will increase the power capacity of the orbiting laboratory.

The spacewalk is scheduled to begin at 8:55 a.m. EDT (1255 UTC) and last about six hours. This is Bowen's tenth spacewalk and the second for Hoburg.
« Last Edit: 06/15/2023 03:05 am by catdlr »
Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Online Yellowstone10

Depressurization is underway.

(I won't be available for running commentary/pictures like I did on EVA-87 - on the road to Bonnaroo - so if anyone else is available that would be appreciated!)

Offline FutureSpaceTourist

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 80124
  • Likes Given: 36283
https://twitter.com/cbs_spacenews/status/1669314112164118528

US EVA-88: This will be the 8th spacewalk so far this year, the 2nd for Hoburg and the 10th for Bowen; he expects to move from 5th to 3rd on the list of world's most experienced spacewalkers, passing Drew Feustel's 61-hr 48-min mark just 1 hour 26 minutes into today's EVA

Online Yellowstone10

Spacewalk has officially begun - Hoburg and Bowen's suits are on internal battery power.

Offline Joachim

• Mainz, Germany
    • SPACEFACTS
  • Liked: 463
  • Likes Given: 524
This must be 12:42 UTC

Online Yellowstone10

Hoburg is now carrying the iROSA away from its flight support equipment, and being flown via SSRMS over to the installation site on the 1B power channel.

Offline FutureSpaceTourist

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 80124
  • Likes Given: 36283
https://twitter.com/space_station/status/1669338223561043968

NASA astronaut Woody Hoburg holds the roll-out solar array in hand after successfully releasing it from Flight Support Equipment. The duo will now move on to relocating the solar array for installation.

Online Targeteer

• near hangar 18
Another total TDRS LOS with TDRS-Z (275) unavailable for 14 minutes. TDRS 8 is still communicating--S band only--via the Canberra DSN as recovery efforts on Guam obviously continue. These two EVAs are the only times I can remember IV duties being passed to the crew.
« Last Edit: 06/15/2023 02:40 pm by Targeteer »
Best quote heard during an inspection, "I was unaware that I was the only one who was aware."

Online Targeteer

• near hangar 18
45 minutes ahead on the timeline

Online Targeteer

• near hangar 18
targeting the next eclipse for cable installs

Offline Bubbinski

They are in orbital night, 1 min away from eclipse. Also there will be an 8 min data LOS. Will have voice for all but last 2 min of that.

« Last Edit: 06/15/2023 04:14 pm by Bubbinski »
I'll even excitedly look forward to "flags and footprints" and suborbital missions. Just fly...somewhere.

Offline vp.

• France
  • Liked: 58
  • Likes Given: 6
Who is the EVA Capcom ? ... Jeni Sidey
« Last Edit: 06/15/2023 04:24 pm by vp. »

Offline EagleSpace

• Houston, Texas
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 1

Online Targeteer

• near hangar 18
Another reference to "shaw SS" voice comms that did not work during the last TDRS LOS.  I noted in the last EVA I believe that is use of Russian ground stations via VHF. Can anyone confirm?

Offline haywoodfloyd

• Veteran
  • Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
  • Liked: 190
  • Likes Given: 18
Something on the iROSA did not deploy.

Offline haywoodfloyd

• Veteran
  • Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
  • Liked: 190
  • Likes Given: 18
Another view of missing "panel".

Offline Bubbinski

The abnormality on the iROSA is not expected to affect electrical production. Deployment finished.

Flight control team is happy with array deployment. Astronauts ahead of schedule, finishing cleanup activities.
« Last Edit: 06/15/2023 05:22 pm by Bubbinski »
I'll even excitedly look forward to "flags and footprints" and suborbital missions. Just fly...somewhere.

Offline Bubbinski

Both astronauts at the airlock, getting ready to finish things out after a work ahead task of retrieving a tool for a future EVA.

« Last Edit: 06/15/2023 06:07 pm by Bubbinski »

Offline Bubbinski

Thermal hatch closed
« Last Edit: 06/15/2023 06:10 pm by Bubbinski »

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography