Author Topic: Dynamic Vacuum Model and Casimir Cavity Experiments  (Read 23106 times)

Offline Monomorphic

• United States
  • Liked: 4389
  • Likes Given: 1407
This is a thread focused on objective analysis of whether the Casimir Effect and the Dynamic Vacuum Model is usable as propulsion for space applications, and if so, discussing those possible space propulsion applications.

This presentation by Dr. Harold White, of NASA Eagleworks notoriety, introduces us to Casimir cavities and the Dynamic Vacuum Model:  https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5c751cb03560c34b3b675308/t/5d1d0e42c39b82000117afa5/1562185304980/13_White_EW_June_2019_White.pdf

Offline Bob012345

• Liked: 171
  • Likes Given: 278
Re: Dynamic Vacuum Model and Casimir Cavity Experiments
« Reply #1 on: 08/21/2019 05:44 pm »
I assume the applied magnetic field can be higher as well as can be carried along as part of the engine? I mean the equal and opposite reaction is on the vacuum- whatever that means....

Offline Asteroza

• Liked: 1084
  • Likes Given: 33
« Reply #2 on: 08/21/2019 11:33 pm »
Reposting here as it may be relevant given the phonon related discussion.

The gravitational mass carried by sound waves

Could that actually be a manifestation of the drive force perhaps, thus having a highly optimized bulk material in the form of the Casimir Array wafer creates an asymmetric force that we interpret to be a propulsive force, compared to a random bulk material where a lot of the forces cancel out?

Offline A.Ant

• Ru
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: 08/27/2019 08:57 pm »
http://vixra.org/abs/1404.0097

Using the Casimir Force for the Controlled Motion of Macrobodies   

2014-04-12 04:33:32   

Abstract

Considered the Casimir effect for construction «angle bar». Theoretically discovered uncompensated force in the direction from the top of the angle bar to its opening angle. Assessment of the magnitude of this force.

Offline MathewOrman

• Poland
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #4 on: 08/27/2019 09:18 pm »
But two plates in vacuum are attracted by each other trough force of mutual gravity and vacuum represent empty space which has one property and that is ability to contain matter... Thus  saying that vacuum or empty space fluctuate is illogical or false... :-)

Offline Bob012345

« Reply #5 on: 08/27/2019 11:36 pm »
But two plates in vacuum are attracted by each other trough force of mutual gravity and vacuum represent empty space which has one property and that is ability to contain matter... Thus  saying that vacuum or empty space fluctuate is illogical or false... :-)

It's the basis of Quantum Field Theory whether we like it or not.... :)
« Last Edit: 09/03/2019 05:56 pm by Bob012345 »

Offline MathewOrman

• Poland
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #6 on: 08/28/2019 03:22 am »

It's the basis of Quantum Field Theory whether we like it of not.... :)
And that is why nothing works based on that theory... Mathematical manipulation of false assumptions will not yield true laws of physics... :-)

Offline meberbs

• Liked: 3379
  • Likes Given: 777
« Reply #7 on: 08/28/2019 06:46 am »

And that is why nothing works based on that theory... Mathematical manipulation of false assumptions will not yield true laws of physics... :-)
Quantum mechanics predicts the emission spectra of various elements to high accuracy. The standard model of particle physics has predicted the detection of new particles and explains many things. While the device that this topic is about almost certainly does not work, that would be because it is not actually based on real quantum theory, not because there is anything wrong with quantum mechanics, which still obeys conservation of momentum if you actually do the math correctly.

Offline Bob012345

« Reply #8 on: 09/03/2019 06:06 pm »

Quantum mechanics predicts the emission spectra of various elements to high accuracy. The standard model of particle physics has predicted the detection of new particles and explains many things. While the device that this topic is about almost certainly does not work, that would be because it is not actually based on real quantum theory, not because there is anything wrong with quantum mechanics, which still obeys conservation of momentum if you actually do the math correctly.

I see no reason for such pessimism. The effect is very small and seems consistent with QFT theory. Dynamic Casimir Effect is a real thing. Pilot Wave Theory is completely compatible in its predictions with standard QM and not considered as quack physics. In fact its history goes back to de Broglie himself. It's also called de Broglie-Bohm Theory after David Bohm who formulated it in its final form.

Offline RotoSequence

• Liked: 2068
  • Likes Given: 1535
« Reply #9 on: 09/03/2019 06:48 pm »
I see no reason for such pessimism. The effect is very small and seems consistent with QFT theory. Dynamic Casimir Effect is a real thing. Pilot Wave Theory is completely compatible in its predictions with standard QM and not considered as quack physics. In fact its history goes back to de Broglie himself. It's also called de Broglie-Bohm Theory after David Bohm who formulated it in its final form.

De Broglie-Bohm Theory and the Copenhagen Interpretation do not offer competing physical results, and no one has yet performed an experiment that yields an observable difference. However, many of Pilot Wave Theory's previous, proposed forms have been experimentally invalidated.
« Last Edit: 09/03/2019 06:52 pm by RotoSequence »

Offline Bryan_Kelly

• Wexford PA USA
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 86
« Reply #10 on: 09/12/2019 05:23 pm »
IMO, this is a very creative approach but perhaps overly ambitious, i.e., attempting interactions with the vacuum before gravity is mastered.

Offline dustinthewind

• U.S. of A.
  • Liked: 313
  • Likes Given: 355
« Reply #11 on: 09/13/2019 03:19 pm »
IMO, this is a very creative approach but perhaps overly ambitious, i.e., attempting interactions with the vacuum before gravity is mastered.

The very nature of the vacuum is probably in space-time itself.  Gravity waves are space-time waves.  Particles are probably constructed from the very existence of space-time itself, or the vacuum.  Gravity is probably related to this in that the energy of space-time starts depleating of energy around matter.  As the energy depletes time slows down, SpaceTime shrinks like a balloon, getting cold, and the very fabric contracts.  Objects experience more energy on one side of the vacuum than the other when experiencing gravity.  The very nature of the lorentz contraction is probably related to the local vacuum surrounding the object.  early inflation of the universe was probably due to energy being lost to space-time inflating the vacuum like a thermally inflated baloon such as black holes lose energy of space-time now.  Some of that really just my speculation but I think there's a relationship that will probably be shown to be true with time.
« Last Edit: 09/13/2019 03:25 pm by dustinthewind »
Follow the science? What is science with out the truth.  If there is no truth in it it is not science.  Truth is found by open discussion and rehashing facts not those that moderate it to fit their agenda.  In the end the truth speaks for itself.  Beware the strong delusion and lies mentioned in 2ndThesalonians2:11.  The last stage of Babylon is transhumanism.  Clay mingled with iron (flesh mingled with machine).  MK ultra out of control.  Consider bill gates patent 202060606 (666), that hacks the humans to make their brains crunch C R Y P T O. Are humans hackable animals or are they protected like when Jesus cast out the legion?

Offline Star-Drive

• TX/USA
  • Liked: 1031
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #12 on: 09/14/2019 04:50 pm »

The very nature of the vacuum is probably in space-time itself.  Gravity waves are space-time waves.  Particles are probably constructed from the very existence of space-time itself, or the vacuum.  Gravity is probably related to this in that the energy of space-time starts depleating of energy around matter.  As the energy depletes time slows down, SpaceTime shrinks like a balloon, getting cold, and the very fabric contracts.  Objects experience more energy on one side of the vacuum than the other when experiencing gravity.  The very nature of the lorentz contraction is probably related to the local vacuum surrounding the object.  early inflation of the universe was probably due to energy being lost to space-time inflating the vacuum like a thermally inflated baloon such as black holes lose energy of space-time now.  Some of that really just my speculation but I think there's a relationship that will probably be shown to be true with time.

Dustinthewind:

You might consider Dr. White's Quantum Vacuum (Q-V) conjecture which makes an attempt at combining Woodward's Mach-Effect (M-E) with the Magneto-Hydro-Dynamics (MHD) of the Q-V when looking at how propellantless propulsion could work.  The NASA/JSC Eagleworks (EW) Lab had good numerical calculation results when using this model in estimating the thrust levels observed in the EW Lab's copper frustum EMdrive test article with a polyethylene disc insert.  I've appended several slides from that time period for your review.

Best, Paul M.
Star-Drive

Offline dustinthewind

• U.S. of A.
« Reply #13 on: 09/14/2019 05:49 pm »

Dustinthewind:

You might consider Dr. White's Quantum Vacuum (Q-V) conjecture which makes an attempt at combining Woodward's Mach-Effect (M-E) with the Magneto-Hydro-Dynamics (MHD) of the Q-V when looking at how propellantless propulsion could work.  The NASA/JSC Eagleworks (EW) Lab had good numerical calculation results when using this model in estimating the thrust levels observed in the EW Lab's copper frustum EMdrive test article with a polyethylene disc insert.  I've appended several slides from that time period for your review.

Best, Paul M.

Hi Paul M.  I would just be speculating, If you don't mind me doing that then I'll say that I think the excitation of the vacuum is the heart of the quantum uncertainty and maybe even the pilot wave.  For instance you take the nucleus of an atom that polarizes the vacuum e-p pairs via its electric field.  These e-p pairs should vibrate with a minimum thermal background, similar to the fact we cant cool anything to absolute zero because the vacuum itself has a temperature.  It captures an electron in this e-p pair cloud that is only partly polarized and the electron becomes a non-unique particle with an uncertainty based on the electric field and the thermal noise of the vacuum. 

I also think it is "possibly" related to radioactivity.  An uneven distribution of electric field in the nucleus can lead to overly polarized vacuum via too much electric field, which may allow thermal vacuum annihilate the nucleus.  This thermal noise of the vacuum is related to time.  Less thermal noise is slower time, thermally deflate the baloon or shorten the plank length.  Atomic clocks tick slower.

I also think it's related to quantum tunneling and Feynman diagrams where particles travel backwards in time.  Wheelers delayed choice experiment ect. 

I think large amounts of thermal noise in the vacuum are gravitationally repulsive (float away from gravity like a hot air baloon) so I think its possible the great voids in the vacuum may be repulsed from gravity and thermally energetic.  These thermally excited voids may tick faster in time, compounded with gravity of galaxies slowing time, it may appear to make the galaxies rotate faster than normal on a galactic scale.  This would be our dark energy/matter.  Pushing the universe apart and making galaxies rotate faster. 

(This is also speculation and may be odd to think, but we live on one of the largest voids in our universe.  I was pondering that large thermal voids may possibly be an indication of advanced civilizations, with warp drive, that are pumping large amounts of energy into the vacuum.)

I think initially massive energy and accelerations and jerk of the particles in the creation of the universe pumped up the quantum vacuum possibly causing the rapid expansion.  Now days it would be merging black holes possibly.  I think the black holes slow, reducing their effective (relativistic mass) by sending out this energy into the quantum vacuum as space-time waves or vacuum waves. 

I was pondering Podkletnov's gravity impulse generator experiments were also a mach effect, in that he was accelerating electrons in superconductors possibly inducing a mach effect and his gravitational wave appeared to be repulsive or energetic vacuum.

If they are inducing a mach effect in the dielectric in the EM drive cavity then I would possibly parallel that to inducing a jerk wave form in the dielectric such that it seems to asymmetrically pull on the vacuum in one direction.  Not sure how it does that exactly in the EM drive cavity.  I was trying to do it with a series of frequencies or sinusoidal displacements. 

Kind regards, Dustin M.
« Last Edit: 09/14/2019 07:38 pm by dustinthewind »
Follow the science? What is science with out the truth.  If there is no truth in it it is not science.  Truth is found by open discussion and rehashing facts not those that moderate it to fit their agenda.  In the end the truth speaks for itself.  Beware the strong delusion and lies mentioned in 2ndThesalonians2:11.  The last stage of Babylon is transhumanism.  Clay mingled with iron (flesh mingled with machine).  MK ultra out of control.  Consider bill gates patent 202060606 (666), that hacks the humans to make their brains crunch C R Y P T O. Are humans hackable animals or are they protected like when Jesus cast out the legion?

Offline Star-Drive

• TX/USA
« Reply #14 on: 09/14/2019 08:32 pm »

Dustinthewind:

Best, Paul M.

Hi Paul M.  I would just be speculating, If you don't mind me doing that then I'll say that I think the excitation of the vacuum is the heart of the quantum uncertainty and maybe even the pilot wave.  For instance you take the nucleus of an atom that polarizes the vacuum e-p pairs via its electric field.  These e-p pairs should vibrate with a minimum thermal background, similar to the fact we cant cool anything to absolute zero because the vacuum itself has a temperature.  It captures an electron in this e-p pair cloud that is only partly polarized and the electron becomes a non-unique particle with an uncertainty based on the electric field and the thermal noise of the vacuum. 

I also think it is "possibly" related to radioactivity.  An uneven distribution of electric field in the nucleus can lead to overly polarized vacuum via too much electric field, which may allow thermal vacuum annihilate the nucleus.  This thermal noise of the vacuum is related to time.  Less thermal noise is slower time, thermally deflate the baloon or shorten the plank length.  Atomic clocks tick slower.

I also think it's related to quantum tunneling and Feynman diagrams where particles travel backwards in time.  Wheelers delayed choice experiment ect. 

I think large amounts of thermal noise in the vacuum are gravitationally repulsive (float away from gravity like a hot air baloon) so I think its possible the great voids in the vacuum may be repulsed from gravity and thermally energetic.  These thermally excited voids may tick faster in time, compounded with gravity of galaxies slowing time, it may appear to make the galaxies rotate faster than normal on a galactic scale.  This would be our dark energy/matter.  Pushing the universe apart and making galaxies rotate faster. 

(This is also speculation and may be odd to think, but we live on one of the largest voids in our universe.  I was pondering that large thermal voids may possibly be an indication of advanced civilizations, with warp drive, that are pumping large amounts of energy into the vacuum.)

I think initially massive energy and accelerations and jerk of the particles in the creation of the universe pumped up the quantum vacuum possibly causing the rapid expansion.  Now days it would be merging black holes possibly.  I think the black holes slow, reducing their effective (relativistic mass) by sending out this energy into the quantum vacuum as space-time waves or vacuum waves. 

I was pondering Podkletnov's gravity impulse generator experiments were also a mach effect, in that he was accelerating electrons in superconductors possibly inducing a mach effect and his gravitational wave appeared to be repulsive or energetic vacuum.

If they are inducing a mach effect in the dielectric in the EM drive cavity then I would possibly parallel that to inducing a jerk wave form in the dielectric such that it seems to asymmetrically pull on the vacuum in one direction.  Not sure how it does that exactly in the EM drive cavity.  I was trying to do it with a series of frequencies or sinusoidal displacements. 

Kind regards, Dustin M.

Dustin:

If you read through the papers I appended to this forum, you will find that we agree on the fact that the electron and positrons we see in atoms and in free space are NOT unique particles.  Instead they are just multiple snapshots of an unpaired electron or positron from the quantum vacuum that is temporarily elevated in energy due to the confluence of local E-fields an/or B-fields in the volume of interest.

Best, Paul M.
Star-Drive

Offline dustinthewind

• U.S. of A.
« Reply #15 on: 09/14/2019 08:58 pm »
Best, Paul M.

Oh sorry, I see the papers now.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: 09/14/2019 08:58 pm by dustinthewind »

Offline aceshigh

• Liked: 269
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #16 on: 09/17/2019 12:13 am »

Dustinthewind:

Best, Paul M.

Hi Paul. Still in touch with Dr White?

How did he dealt with the strong criticism, IN A ROW, of Dr Lawrence Krauss (Meberbs?), Dr Zubrin and even Marc Millis (who IS a guy who to some degree pursuits "exotic" physics space drives?

I mean at Breakthrough Discuss 2018, 4:00:00 mark
« Last Edit: 09/17/2019 12:14 am by aceshigh »

Offline Star-Drive

• TX/USA
« Reply #17 on: 09/17/2019 02:08 pm »

Dustinthewind:

Best, Paul M.

Hi Paul. Still in touch with Dr White?

How did he dealt with the strong criticism, IN A ROW, of Dr Lawrence Krauss (Meberbs?), Dr Zubrin and even Marc Millis (who IS a guy who to some degree pursuits "exotic" physics space drives?

I mean at Breakthrough Discuss 2018, 4:00:00 mark

Aceshigh:

I've not talked with Dr. White about these topics since leaving the NASA/JSC Eagleworks Lab, so I will have to point you to any public papers or presentations that Dr. White has published since the Breakthrough Discussion in April 2018 that you pointed to.  From Sonny's public comments though, I think Dr. White is going to let his published experimental data speak to the merits of his arguments as they become available from his DoD security imposed "Fortress of Solitude".

Best, Paul M.
« Last Edit: 09/17/2019 02:08 pm by Star-Drive »
Star-Drive

Offline aceshigh

• Liked: 269
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #18 on: 09/18/2019 05:28 am »
yeah, thanks. I just think it must not be easy to get that sort of criticism in a public event from some heavyweights.

Offline dustinthewind

• U.S. of A.
« Reply #19 on: 09/18/2019 09:09 pm »
Best, Paul M.

Oh sorry, I see the papers now.  Thanks.

Hi Paul, I haven't had a lot of time to digest them.  Might take me a while.  it's interesting how close it comes to predicting the electron Mass.  My intuition was suggesting to me that the passage of time might have something to do with thermal energy per oscillator.  If the thermal energy creates a pressurethen it seemed to me that maybe the energy per oscillator would drop as the density of the oscillators increases.  This would give the slowing of time as you near large massive objects. 

I was thinking that thermal energy tends to be repelled away from gravitational objects and so fills the voids between galaxies. Maybe time passes by faster in the voids? if that were the case then the voidz might be almost like white holes in a way that they would be a negative gravitational. 

I want to say that thermal energy in the vacuum never really disappears and so the vacuum never is truly referenceless.  That maybe velocity with respect to (w.r.t.) the vacuum might be absolute.  That is some frame in which, a photon is emitted.  Moving away w.r.t. some local frame at the speed of light and it's infinitely red-shifted, or toward - infinitely blue-shifted.  I was trying to find papers on it that still allow for relativity effects.  There appear to be some but I didn't get through them.  Frame-dragging is another effect that reminds me of this.  Part of the motivation to think like that is to solve the old twin, young twin paradox.  some argue that it's just the one that accelerated that their time slows down but that still leaves acceleration being absolute.  Acceleration is absolute then maybe velocity is.  Like maybe if we move so that the CMB isn't dipole shifted any more then maybe our clock might actually speed up with respect to the universe on average.  some of the papers argue that the tests on the absolute velocity of light didn't quite take into account relativistic effects and that they couldn't possibly measure an ether with such relativistic effects. 

I think a parallel line of thought to this is that as you move around a large gravitational body, the CMB would be dipole shifted but this would rotate as you rotate around the body.  If one were moving with velocity toward the gravitational body so as to counter this dipole shift that would give you a velocity frame.  One of my questions is if you were moving towards that gravitational body would your clock tick faster than if you sat still with respect to the gravitational body.  To continue that line of thought, at the event horizon of the black hole, that frame should be moving at the speed of light, so that light could not escape The event horizon.  Being stationary with respect to that frame means that you are moving at the speed of light with respect to local space time and so a clock will stop.

I'm not completely sure of all this.  Anyways I'll continue to mull over them. 

« Last Edit: 09/18/2019 10:15 pm by dustinthewind »

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography