Author Topic: US snubs Russian request for joint moon exploration: space chief  (Read 10940 times)

Offline Martin FL

• Elite Veteran
  • Liked: 137
  • Likes Given: 278
Well they were the first to land something on the moon.

Offline cz77

• Regular
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
I am against the cooperation angle if it means having to change the infastructure as was done to the ISS.   I am all for cooperation of any country, but their cooperation has to fit out plan.  The same applies if the US joins in on someone elses plan, the US has to make their contribution dovetail into the plan of someone elses.

Offline michelle21

• Veteran
  • Michigan
Don't you know its all about the helium-3.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/05/01/wmoon01.xml

I kind of thought you had to have a working fusion concept.

But then commercial fusion is just ten years away ... at least thats what they been saying since the 60's. always just 10 years away.

Personally I think after the ISS, the US is going to be more cautious of deals, especially with such an unstable political environment with potential partners. I think Russia would like nothing better if the US gave up plans for a new launch system and just buy services from them... I don't think Griffin would ever agree to that.
An Engineer with an active imagination

Offline cz77

• Regular
Besides, how stable is the situation with Russia anyhow?  Seems like Putin is wanting a return to the coldwar!

Offline Suzy

• Melbourne, Australia
    • RuSpace - my Russian spaceflight website!
  • Liked: 40
  • Likes Given: 187
cz77 - 3/5/2007  7:02 AMBesides, how stable is the situation with Russia anyhow?  Seems like Putin is wanting a return to the coldwar!
Well, the policies of a certain other country (regarding missile bases in Europe) aren't helping matters!

Offline cz77

• Regular
I agree Suzy, ten anti missile missiles IS really a threat mathimatically to thousands of ICBMs.

Oh, by the way Suzy....lets not forget (as most people apparently have) that until recently, the US had NO anti ballistic missile defence ANYWHERE, while the Russians have maintained (as the old ABM treaty permitted) sites around Moscow since the early 70s for the same purpose.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography