Author Topic: SpaceX F9 : Transporter-6 Rideshare : CCSFS SLC-40 : 3 January 2023 (14:56 UTC)  (Read 120520 times)

Offline apple08e03

• Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 0
Launch date of Transporter-6: Dec 22, 2022

Offline LutoMed

• Liked: 14
  • Likes Given: 1

What's your source?

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
  • Arc to Arcturus, then Spike to Spica
  • Sometimes it feels like Trantor in the time of Hari Seldon
  • Liked: 7405
  • Likes Given: 72501
Ben Cooper's Launch Photography Viewing Guide, updated December 6:
A Falcon 9 will launch the Transporter-6 smallsat rideshare mission on December TBD at 10:00 a.m. EST.
= 15:00 UTC

Approximate time of day of launch; a rough match for launch at ~15:00 UTC:
Ben Cooper's Launch Photography Viewing Guide, updated November 30 evening EST:
And a Falcon 9 will launch the Transporter-6 smallsat rideshare mission on mid-December TBD, in the daytime EST.
Support your local planetarium! (COVID-panic and forward: Now more than ever.) My current avatar is saying "i wants to go uppies!" Yes, there are God-given rights. Do you wish to gainsay the Declaration of Independence?

Offline apple08e03

What's your source?

SpaceX

Offline apple08e03

Ben Cooper's Launch Photography Viewing Guide, updated December 6:
A Falcon 9 will launch the Transporter-6 smallsat rideshare mission on December TBD at 10:00 a.m. EST.
= 15:00 UTC

Approximate time of day of launch; a rough match for launch at ~15:00 UTC:
Ben Cooper's Launch Photography Viewing Guide, updated November 30 evening EST:
And a Falcon 9 will launch the Transporter-6 smallsat rideshare mission on mid-December TBD, in the daytime EST.

Launch date was moved from Dec 18, 2022 14:55:58.9-ZULU to Dec 22, 2022 TBD

Altitude: 525 +/- 25km
Inc: 97.5 +/- 0.1 deg
LTDN: 09:30 +60/-0 min

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4673
  • Likes Given: 768

What's your source?

SpaceX
Provide a permalink for your public source as SpaceX lists NET December 2022 on rideshare calendar:
https://www.spacex.com/rideshare/

Offline gongora

• Global Moderator
  • US
  • Liked: 13885
  • Likes Given: 5933
Not everyone can provide a public source for their statements, and I would not expect SpaceX to publicly give the launch date/time until a day or two before launch.  Launch time to SSO should stay pretty constant.

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
Tomorrow-R1 to Transporter-7; Tomorrow-R2 to Transporter-8:
Tomorrow-R1 (weather radar)
2020-EX-ST-2022
85kg, built by Astro Digital with Corvus-XL bus

Tomorrow-R2 on this flight
« Last Edit: 12/09/2022 02:09 am by zubenelgenubi »
Support your local planetarium! (COVID-panic and forward: Now more than ever.) My current avatar is saying "i wants to go uppies!" Yes, there are God-given rights. Do you wish to gainsay the Declaration of Independence?

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
Ben Cooper's Launch Photography Viewing Guide, updated December 8:
Time of day of launch is 9:55 am EST = 14:55 UTC.  Date is still "December TBD."

Any news that informs on when this launch is scheduled?

Before Christmas? 🎄 ✨️
Between Christmas and New Year's?  Not likely.
After New Year's Day? 🥳 🎉

Edited
« Last Edit: 12/10/2022 10:20 pm by zubenelgenubi »

Online GewoonLukas_

• Lukas C. H.
  • Netherlands
  • Liked: 3050
  • Likes Given: 1555
NextSpaceflight (Updated 12 December)
NET 22 December 14:55 UTC
Booster landing at LZ-1
https://nextspaceflight.com/launches/details/6807
Lukas C. H. • Hobbyist Mission Patch Artist 🎨 • May the force be with you my friend, Ad Astra Per Aspera ✨️

Offline Alexphysics

• Spain
  • Liked: 5917
  • Likes Given: 945
Now NET December 27th

Offline apple08e03

Launch date of Transporter-6 was moved to Jan 02, 2023.

Offline gongora

• Global Moderator
  • US
  • Liked: 13885
  • Likes Given: 5933
https://twitter.com/SpireGlobal/status/1603042402423345153
VIENNA, Va., Dec. 14, 2022 — Spire Global, Inc. (NYSE: SPIR) (“Spire” or “the Company”), a leading global provider of space-based data, analytics and space services, will launch six satellites on the SpaceX Transporter-6 mission from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station no earlier than January 2023. The satellites will demonstrate advancements and new capabilities for Spire’s weather and aviation solutions.

Spire will launch two demonstration satellites carrying next-generation Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) payloads, which collect aircraft position data. The satellites will expand Spire’s existing ADS-B constellation and play an integral role in improving coverage and latency for the Company’s aviation products. They will demonstrate sophisticated technology for global aircraft tracking, including an advanced antenna design based on years of in-orbit ADS-B payload experience and state-of-the-art inter-satellite links. The satellites will be Spire’s first to have propulsion systems on board. The multipurpose satellites will also carry payloads to monitor Automatic Identification System (AIS) signals for vessel tracking data and for Space Services customer Myriota, a provider of global Internet of Things (IoT) service from satellites.

One of the satellites on the launch will fly a polarimetric radio occultation (PRO) payload that collects data on precipitation profiles and patterns. The mission will validate PRO sensitivity to precipitation using several global navigation satellite systems as signals of opportunity. This will be the first step towards the assimilation of PRO data into weather models, which will enhance the value and accuracy of global weather forecasts along with the weather variables currently gathered by Spire’s constellation. The PRO payload, which will be the first launched by a private company, was designed as part of the ESA InCubed Programme, a co-funding program focused on developing innovative and commercially viable products and services that generate or exploit the value of Earth observation imagery and dataset. This activity is supported by the Luxembourg Space Agency (LSA). Spire is the largest producer of radio occultation data, which is leveraged by government agencies like NOAA, NASA, ECMWF, and EUMETSAT to drive global weather predictions.

“We at ESA are very happy with the efficiency, focus, and speed of implementation of this activity, and if we can see it resulting in measurement data and processing results for systematic evaluation of their assimilation into numerical weather prediction, that will be a rewarding completion,” said Thomas Burger, ESA Technical Officer for Spire.

“Satellites and payloads are continuing to get smaller and more powerful,” said Jeroen Cappaert, Spire CTO and Co-founder. “We’re capitalizing on this rapid pace of innovation and miniaturization to continue to enhance our constellation with cutting-edge technology that drives new applications of satellite data. The applications we’re demonstrating for aviation tracking and precipitation data will play a crucial role in solving some of the greatest challenges we face on Earth, such as overcoming climate change with more accurate weather forecasting and bringing transparency to the supply chain.”

The Company is also launching three satellites to replenish its fully deployed constellation of more than 100 multipurpose satellites. Spire designs and builds its satellites entirely in house at its manufacturing facility in Glasgow. The Company has built and launched more than 150 satellites, carrying over 500 years of spaceflight heritage across its fleet.

The satellites are manifested on the mission through a multi-launch agreement between Spire and Exolaunch, which includes access to the Transporter missions through Exolaunch’s long-term launch arrangements with SpaceX. Exolaunch, a global provider of launch, in-space logistics and deployment services, will also provide Spire with deployment and integration services.

I wonder what sizes the six sats are, maybe 4x 3U and 2x 6U?
« Last Edit: 12/14/2022 02:25 pm by gongora »

Offline Yiosie

• Liked: 635
  • Likes Given: 97
GEC Missions and XI Updates [dated Dec. 12]

Geometric Energy Corporation (GEC) is launching the Geometric-1 Mission to Earth Orbit on December 22, 2022 as part of the Transporter-6 rideshare launched by SpaceX on a Falcon 9 out of Cape Canaveral, Florida. However, due to communications with the US Government, the Geometric-1 ESPA Port will now only be launching US Government payloads with Maverick Space, and the commercial payloads of MOXY-1, NOCLIP-1, and GENMAT-1 will be re-manifested on a Transporter series mission launch by SpaceX on a Falcon 9 as part of the newly announced Geometric-2 Mission to Earth Orbit in 2023.

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
Cornicen launching aboard Vega C VV23 in March 2023:
Cornicen (40kg microsat, Hedron Space)

Hedron Space 0024-EX-CN-2022
Maxar 0724-EX-CN-2022 (ISL test with Worldview Legion)
MITRE 0577-EX-CN-2022 (ground station)
Launch pdf dated November 16.
« Last Edit: 12/15/2022 01:55 am by zubenelgenubi »

Offline Thorny

• Regular
  • San Angelo, Texas
  • Liked: 300
  • Likes Given: 457

Just FYI... January 2 is a Federal Holiday. Would SpaceX still try to launch that day?

Offline FutureSpaceTourist

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 81685
  • Likes Given: 36941
https://twitter.com/johnkrausphotos/status/1603425434670170112

Launcher’s Orbiter SN1 spacecraft undergoing final checkouts in Cape Canaveral, Florida ahead of its upcoming ride to orbit on SpaceX’s Transporter-6 mission

(Photo: me for @launcher)

https://twitter.com/johnkrausphotos/status/1603424832288333828

Launcher’s Orbiter SN1 spacecraft undergoing final checkouts in Cape Canaveral, Florida ahead of its upcoming ride to orbit on SpaceX’s Transporter-6 mission

(Photo: me for @launcher)
« Last Edit: 12/15/2022 03:45 pm by FutureSpaceTourist »

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator

Just FYI... January 2 is a Federal Holiday. Would SpaceX still try to launch that day?
If you are thinking about federal civil servants, they can take an "in-lieu-of" holiday later in the week or be paid double time for working the holiday as part of a 5-day work week (or both).  That's my recollection as an ADP timekeeping manager.

They wouldn't schedule a launch on the date if they didn't have enough people to work it.
« Last Edit: 12/16/2022 03:35 am by zubenelgenubi »

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
What first stage will launch this flight?

Available first stages and most recent landing date:
1052.8    Sep 5 (last use before modifications to return to a Falcon Heavy side booster to launch ViaSat-3 Americas NET January)
1060.15  Oct 8
1062.11  Oct 20  (Starlink 5-1)
1076.2    Nov 26
1069.5    Dec 8
1073.6    Dec 11 (maybe?)

Edit December 30: It's 1060.15.
« Last Edit: 12/31/2022 05:46 am by zubenelgenubi »

Offline FutureSpaceTourist

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 81685
  • Likes Given: 36941
https://twitter.com/launcher/status/1605340114082705409

Orbiter SN1 is going to space next month on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket (Transporter-6). Here’s how we mated it to the vehicle at the payload processing facility in Cape Canaveral, FL.

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography