Author Topic: EM Drive Developments - related to space flight applications - Thread 8  (Read 1560441 times)

Offline SeeShells

• Every action there's a reaction we try to grasp.
  • United States
  • Liked: 3186
  • Likes Given: 2708
But in this posting we would like to announce a new superconductor thruster idea that Dr. Nassikas has come up with which should be able to produce 30,000 to a million times more thrust than his previous version.
http://etheric.com/nassikas-thruster-II/
---------------------------------------------
A million times thrust with no energy spent? All I'll say is extraordinary claims require extraordinary data.

Sorry guys and gals I've been very busy as of late but I haven't forgot anyone here and try to catch up when I can. Testing goes on and the anomaly still remains anonymous. A forced pulsed jerked dual mode of operation is providing some interesting clues. Much more later.  ;D

My Very Best,
Shell

Does anyone know where to get the superconducting nozzle Dr. Nassikas uses? I purchased a high flux magnet with the idea of eventually testing this thruster.

Typically, you buy disks, crush them and then make whatever shape you want from that. You just need to re-bake the YCBO into a nozzle shape.

IMO, this is a very strong magnet in the Earth's magnetic field. It looks like a compass to me. I wouldn't bother. The claim that it provides thrust with no power input makes everything about it suspect.

Todd
I would have to agree with you Todd. Reminds me of a song "I want my M TV"... "Get your money for nothing and your chicks for free". Huge red flag for me to bring it into question.

Shell

Offline SeeShells

• United States
For Anyone re the above question....Hypothetical: two frustums +/- the same size and volume etc. one with flat end plates the other with spherical. By what % (+/-) does the "Q" increase in the spherical frustum over the flat endplate frustum?  Thanks anyone,   FL

Q increases with spherical end-plates. I am working on illustrating this via simulations. The end-plates need to be set up like a concave-convex optical cavity. Also, just slapping spherical end-plates onto your flat-end frustum will yield a different resonance. It has to be built from the ground up with spherical end-plates in mind.
Can you expand on this simulation and what frequency and what antenna you did this in?

Thanks!

Shell

Offline Monomorphic

• United States
  • Liked: 4389
  • Likes Given: 1407
For Anyone re the above question....Hypothetical: two frustums +/- the same size and volume etc. one with flat end plates the other with spherical. By what % (+/-) does the "Q" increase in the spherical frustum over the flat endplate frustum?  Thanks anyone,   FL

Q increases with spherical end-plates. I am working on illustrating this via simulations. The end-plates need to be set up like a concave-convex optical cavity. Also, just slapping spherical end-plates onto your flat-end frustum will yield a different resonance. It has to be built from the ground up with spherical end-plates in mind.
Can you expand on this simulation and what frequency and what antenna you did this in?

Thanks!

Shell

These sims are of TheTravellers dims for a TE013 emdrive. ~2.4Ghz. I am working on designing a TE013 frustum with spherical end-plates that resonates at ~2.46Ghz. I am using a simple dipole antenna with side-wall injection. 

Offline SeeShells

• United States

Thanks!

Shell

These sims are of TheTravellers dims for a TE013 emdrive. ~2.4Ghz. I am working on designing a TE013 frustum with spherical end-plates that resonates at ~2.46Ghz. I am using a simple dipole antenna with side-wall injection.
If you pull out the formula for calculating the Q of a spherical frustum spectrum you'll notice that the Q will increase but also at the expense of a decreased cavity resonate bandwidth.

It becomes obvious that driving a flat plat frustum works with a splattering 20MHz BW magnetron attached and a solid state works well with a curved endplate.

Also curving the Small end in my runs have shown relative little difference, it was the Big End that was critical. Not sure if it has to do with my running the small endplate just the other side of cutoff or not.

Shell

Offline WarpTech

• Do it!
  • Statesville, NC
  • Liked: 1453
  • Likes Given: 1925
...the objective would be to have asymmetrical power fluctuations within the copper frustum. Absorption, emission and dissipation. Dissipative process are not conservative and the copper is not a perfect conductor. There is dissipation involved and the asymmetry of the frustum may be allowing this to create thrust. Modeling this is not as easy though, because you would be modeling the kinetic energy of the copper atoms, not the MW field inside the frustum.

"What we're doing is the extreme case of nonlinear optics, where the light and matter are coupled so strongly that we don't have light and matter anymore. We have something in between, called a polariton."

"What we depend on is the vacuum fluctuation. Vacuum, in a classical sense, is an empty space. There's nothing. But in a quantum sense, a vacuum is full of fluctuating photons, having so-called zero-point energy. These vacuum photons are actually what we are using to resonantly excite electrons in our cavity."

~http://phys.org/news/2016-08-merge-quantum-coupling.html

Any similarities and/or correlations with your theory? Zero-Point Energy resonantly exciting electrons in a cavity making those electrons behave as a single gigantic atom? Perhaps the polaritons could be creating more focused asymmetrical power fluctuations in the copper?

The researches claim that they're achieving coupling of vacuum Rabi splitting as large as 10 percent of the photon energy. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but 10% sounds like pretty strong coupling to me!

Yes, there are definite similarities. It will take me some time to think about it, but thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Offline dustinthewind

• U.S. of A.
  • Liked: 313
  • Likes Given: 355
Something that strikes me as interesting is if the vacuum is really a superposition of anti-matter and matter. 

Supposing a bonded pair has the same charge but the anti-matter counterpart behaves as if it has the opposite charge because time is reversed then they will behave as opposite charges but annihilate each other and yet they still exist.  That is coming together means they cause a great disturbance in the QV which is the light created when they annihilate?  If anti-matter really runs backwards in time and separating them causes a gradient in the time field then inducing a gradient in the time field may be as simple as charging a capacitor to a really high voltage.  That is some charge on one plate will have an effect of slowing down time while the other would speed it up. 

This reminds me of WaiteDavidMSPhysics on youtube.com's videos here where he specifically addresses a charged capacitor effecting space time and find that it could induce a gradient in space time.:

I would suggest listinging to 34:00 where he specifically says either negative or positive charge will behave as if it has exotic matter properties which I think means negative energy properties.  Possibly like the anti-mater in the QV with time slowing effects?  That is one of the charges on the capacitor might attract the anti matter?  But then again there are both types of charges for anti-matter but maybe one charge of anti-matter is more massive than the other?

« Last Edit: 08/24/2016 02:26 am by dustinthewind »
Follow the science? What is science with out the truth.  If there is no truth in it it is not science.  Truth is found by open discussion and rehashing facts not those that moderate it to fit their agenda.  In the end the truth speaks for itself.  Beware the strong delusion and lies mentioned in 2ndThesalonians2:11.  The last stage of Babylon is transhumanism.  Clay mingled with iron (flesh mingled with machine).  MK ultra out of control.  Consider bill gates patent 202060606 (666), that hacks the humans to make their brains crunch C R Y P T O. Are humans hackable animals or are they protected like when Jesus cast out the legion?

Offline JonathanD

• Liked: 873
  • Likes Given: 277
Cannae's cavity looks much different than many of the DIYers here, who have been going more of the frustum Shawyer route.  I'm wondering, now that Cannae is ~apparently~ trying to put their money where their mouth is and planning to put a demo cube sat in orbit, has anyone reconsidered their approach?   Purely curious here, still watching all of this anxiously.

Offline meberbs

• Liked: 3379
  • Likes Given: 777
Meberbs:  We may understand time dilation (a time duration) as the integration of a dynamic process. Would this integration be possible without its first derivative, a time rate, suggested here as 1/T?
...and yes. Momentum is conserved.  ....”Things accelerating without bound”:  I guess so. In a G field, we always end up hitting the source (Earth). But if the source of the field is moving with you ....?
I have work on this “different perspective” and wrote a paper (attached). Read it all. This is not the maths, but it is the thinking.

Marcel,
The answer to your first question is yes, it is possible. An integral does not require a derivative, those are inverse operations, similar to multiplication vs division, but not quite (the details don't matter right now). A key point is that you don't need to know anything about derivatives to do an integral, it has its own definition that only relies on limits of summations. Also 1/T is neither a derivative or part of the integration formula.

You didn't understand my statement, the accelerate without bound happens based on your statement to an object sitting in empty space, no gravity required. The object would experience time moving slower relative to its current reference frame if it was moving due to special relativity.

I looked at your attachment, and have quite a few issues I could point out in it, but I think it is best to take one point at a time. One thing that you have right in there is the rule of non-contradiction. One contradiction is enough to eliminate a theory.

Offline WarpTech

• Do it!
  • Statesville, NC
  • Liked: 1453
  • Likes Given: 1925
Something that strikes me as interesting is if the vacuum is really a superposition of anti-matter and matter. 

Supposing a bonded pair has the same charge but the anti-matter counterpart behaves as if it has the opposite charge because time is reversed then they will behave as opposite charges but annihilate each other and yet they still exist.  That is coming together means they cause a great disturbance in the QV which is the light created when they annihilate?  If anti-matter really runs backwards in time and separating them causes a gradient in the time field then inducing a gradient in the time field may be as simple as charging a capacitor to a really high voltage.  That is some charge on one plate will have an effect of slowing down time while the other would speed it up. 

This reminds me of WaiteDavidMSPhysics on youtube.com's videos here where he specifically addresses a charged capacitor effecting space time and find that it could induce a gradient in space time.:

I would suggest listinging to 34:00 where he specifically says either negative or positive charge will behave as if it has exotic matter properties which I think means negative energy properties.  Possibly like the anti-mater in the QV with time slowing effects?  That is one of the charges on the capacitor might attract the anti matter?  But then again there are both types of charges for anti-matter but maybe one charge of anti-matter is more massive than the other?

According to the Reissner-Nordstrom equation, the sign of the charge doesn't matter. The refractive index is dependent on Q2 and the affect is anti-gravity, or an increase in the rate of a clock. The R-N solution results in a highly charged blackhole, will have a naked singularity and no event horizon.

This is a very old paper. A lot of my understanding has changed since then, but this has not.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/251231445_Event_horizons_in_the_PV_Model

Anti-matter does not have the affect of anti-gravity. Anti-matter has positive mass and opposite charge. However, you are correct in that, every point charge is surrounded by virtual electron-positron pairs. A real electron for example, will swap places with a virtual electron and this is called Exchange scattering. So at the scale of point charges, the vacuum is composed of matter-antimatter. But far from such strong fields, it is just photons IMO.

Offline Kimight

• Norway
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0

Don't shoot me if I'm wrong as I've just started on my formal education a week ago. But concidering that all particles are just excitations in their respective field, and anti-particles are just in the opposite "direction". Is there any other way than viewing the vacuum as a superposition of particles and antiparticles in all of the fields? Or maybe this would be wrong for fermions because of Paulis exclusion principle?

Offline SeeShells

• United States
Cannae's cavity looks much different than many of the DIYers here, who have been going more of the frustum Shawyer route.  I'm wondering, now that Cannae is ~apparently~ trying to put their money where their mouth is and planning to put a demo cube sat in orbit, has anyone reconsidered their approach?   Purely curious here, still watching all of this anxiously.

Up having a cup of coco before I head back to bed and read your post.

You're quite right, Cannae's Drive looks much like a pillbox accelerator, also realize there are other ways to manipulate EM fields and achieve a similar result. Look at what Nicola Tesla was doing with a conical shaped frustum so many years ago.

http://physics.bu.edu/neppsr/2007/TALKS-2007/Accelerators_Barletta.pdf

Coco's done and back to bed. Good observation.

My Best,
Shell

Offline Eusa

• Liked: 41
  • Likes Given: 118

Great! Maybe finally we will get the results I've been waiting for...

Offline Eusa

• Liked: 41
  • Likes Given: 118
Up to this you make it reads nearly like my point of view on the vacuum issue. The mechanism in my model is the handedness changing alternately; the Higgs field would have both positive and negative value phases, average value being zero. Dual handedness change phases could be the way how gravitational and inertial vacuum quanta flow from the space to the time as massive matter structures and simultaneously the way how the charge/electricity gets its polarity.
« Last Edit: 08/24/2016 10:49 am by Eusa »

Offline Willem Staal

• Netherlands
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 2
The more i  think about the EM drive the more i am convinced you need to boost the power in the frustrum, the original cavity magnetron made  by Randall and Booth before the second world war had 6 cavities alternating to achieve maximum power. Maybe we need multiple cavities in a cycling  arrangement. Or even using  a hydrogen maser instead of a rf unit.. The effect is still too marginal and we need to boost the power to make is really work. Or even  thinking about a fractal  frustrum.
« Last Edit: 08/24/2016 01:40 pm by Willem Staal »

Offline M.LeBel

• Ottawa, Canada
  • Liked: 48
  • Likes Given: 34
Mberbs:  Thank you for reading the attachment and for the comments. The logical causal structure, for a higher probability of existence in one direction, that I derived from simple logic is exactly the one found in the Alcubierre drive. I could be wrong ... but it doesn’t look that way. I do maintain that this causal structure is what we are trying to achieve here.  How does that translate into an actual device?

I will start my own DIY work ... slowly.  Quick stupid question: why is everyone using a torsion pendulum and laser instead of an accelerometer (cheap and USD data ready)? Actual force measurements?

Thanks,

Marcel,

Offline meberbs

• Liked: 3379
  • Likes Given: 777
Mberbs:  Thank you for reading the attachment and for the comments. The logical causal structure, for a higher probability of existence in one direction, that I derived from simple logic is exactly the one found in the Alcubierre drive. I could be wrong ... but it doesn’t look that way. I do maintain that this causal structure is what we are trying to achieve here.  How does that translate into an actual device?

I will start my own DIY work ... slowly.  Quick stupid question: why is everyone using a torsion pendulum and laser instead of an accelerometer (cheap and USD data ready)? Actual force measurements?

Thanks,

Marcel,
The logic from what your statement about objects going towards smaller larger time dilation results in the conclusion that my phone should fly off my desk and slam into the wall. You have not addressed why this doesn't happen

There is very little logic in your paper, you makes statements that are then followed by conclusions that do not actually follow at all. For example, at the bottom of page 8 you say "This does sound a lot like" to bring in quantum mechanics. "Sounds like" is not a step in any logical process, because it is extremely weak evidence. Assuming that 2 things are the same because they are similar is simply a fallacy. Also the similarity is the word probability which you appear to have pulled out of nowhere in the previous paragraph.

Here is a metaphysical description of quantum mechanics, showing that probability is not necessarily what the wave function represents*: The wave function represents a distribution of locations, energies momentum etc. where the particle posses all of these properties at the same time. There is not a 50% chance that at any given time it is on the left or the right, it is on both the left and right at the same time. If you run an experiment that forces the particle to only be on one side, then there is a probability associated what the results of the experiment will be, but this is only due to the action of the experiment that will alter the state in an unpredictable way.

*I make no claim that this is necessarily the correct explanation, no respected physicist would make such a claim, since quantum is too weird and no one quite understands it. This is the one I like the most given the constraints imposed by tests of Bell's inequality.

A torsional pendulum gives actual force measurements, at least as directly as an accelerometer. displacement for a given lever arm directly represents an experienced force. Most accelerometers internally measure displacements in effect, but are much less sensitive and accurate. They also still need mass to translate to force as well. Plus an accelerometer needs something like an air track to get a frictionless motion, but that brings in many more complications including air resistance.

The torsional pendulum has been used for all of the most sensitive force experiments I have heard of, so it really is the best setup for measuring these small forces.

Offline Chrochne

• Liked: 133
  • Likes Given: 281
News on those Earth-size planet(s) in habitable zone of the Proxima Centauri reached the main media.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-37167390

Lets hope that such news will have effect on imagination of scientists, engineers, dreamers and explorers.
We need new era of propulsion systems.

Offline M.LeBel

• Ottawa, Canada
Mberbs:
- My cell phone does fly off and slams into the ground when released.  Not sure of your question..
-  ...”there is little logic...”. Remember that once you have a single stuff or substance and a single cause, these inferences are not only logically possible but even necessary. Two causes are one and the same. And if I say “it sounds like” it is offered and to be taken as such; : “sounds like”. These will appear where and when I try to parallel the metaphysics and known physics.

- “Here is a metaphysical description...”. That is not metaphysics. In true metaphysics “your are not there”.  It is about what exists and what makes it evolve/change by itself. The time process was deduced from top-down according to what we know, and bottom-up, from a logical creation of the universe.This metaphysics is about what the universe is made of and what it does by itself spontaneously. Everything we know is about what we can do with the universe; it is on a need to know basis. The universe doesn’t need to know physics because it is ruled by simple logic. Metaphysics is extremely limited; substance, cause and some forms and shapes. That’s it! It has no predictive power; this is in the hands number logic or maths and physics.

- Ok torsional pendulum for measurement = quantitative, precise. But a simple accelerometer like the ADXL (MEMS) can show acceleration/gravity in g = as a first go/no-go or qualitative signal?

Offline Monomorphic

• United States
  • Liked: 4389
  • Likes Given: 1407

- Ok torsional pendulum for measurement = quantitative, precise. But a simple accelerometer like the ADXL (MEMS) can show acceleration/gravity in g = as a first go/no-go or qualitative signal?

That accelerometer only has a resolution of 4mg. That's 4 milli-gravities, not milligrams. The accelerometer i'm using has a resolution of 76 ug - 76 micro-gravities. http://www.phidgets.com/products.php?product_id=1044

Even at 76ug (748um/s2), it is still orders of magnitude less sensitive than a Laser Displacement Sensor capable of detecting 3um displacement.
« Last Edit: 08/24/2016 07:10 pm by Monomorphic »

Offline M.LeBel

• Ottawa, Canada
Monomorphic: Thanks for the numbers in comparison ( I have an old ADXL serial and a Phidget 1056). Also, the mass of the pendulum has memory and it integrates any effect that would transient.

Thanks,

Marcel,

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography