Author Topic: Upgraded NASASpaceFlight.com News Site Launch  (Read 82439 times)

Offline William Graham

• Liked: 236
  • Likes Given: 109
Re: Upgraded NASASpaceFlight.com New Site Launch
« Reply #160 on: 08/03/2018 05:03 pm »
I think there might be a bug with the "like" button at the bottom of articles. I went to "like" Chris Gebhardt's commercial crew article, but the icon was already lit up as if I'd already clicked it. I've noticed this a couple times before but this time I'm absolutely certain that I hadn't already clicked it.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #161 on: 08/03/2018 09:27 pm »
Yeah, not even sure the point of that as I didn't even notice we had that until now! ;D

I'll speak to Mark and see if there's a better thing we can add to that.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Nomadd

• Waikiki
  • Liked: 60418
  • Likes Given: 1301
« Reply #162 on: 08/28/2018 11:21 pm »
 Am  I the only one having trouble getting pages to show up in mobile mode? They come in that way but snap back to desktop half the time. Reloading fixes some but not others. Only on this site and the same with Chrome, Firefox and Brave on my Galaxy S7.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4660
  • Likes Given: 768
« Reply #163 on: 08/28/2018 11:26 pm »
Am  I the only one having trouble getting pages to show up in mobile mode? They come in that way but snap back to desktop half the time. Reloading fixes some but not others. Only on this site and the same with Chrome, Firefox and Brave on my Galaxy S7.
I'm not having issues on my G S7.

Offline wjbarnett

« Reply #164 on: 08/28/2018 11:43 pm »
No issue on iOS
Jack

Offline DaveTX

• Houston
  • Liked: 45
  • Likes Given: 90
« Reply #165 on: 08/29/2018 01:26 am »
I'm not having issues on my G S7.

All great on my G S7 too. So it's not the site.

Offline Rocket Science

• NASA Educator Astronaut Candidate Applicant 2002
  • Liked: 4548
  • Likes Given: 13523
« Reply #166 on: 06/10/2019 04:58 pm »
Anyway we can block political ads from appearing as an ad for example on the main home page? I don't need any Trump swag or MAGA hats and that would be for both sides of the political spectrum Democrat or Republican...
Thanks
~Rob
« Last Edit: 06/10/2019 05:02 pm by Rocket Science »
"The laws of physics are unforgiving"
~Rob: Physics instructor, Aviator

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #167 on: 06/10/2019 05:00 pm »
Anyway we can block political ads from appearing as an ad for example on the main home page? I don't need any Trump swag or MAGA hats and that would be for both sides of the political spectrum Democrat or Republican...
Thanks
~Rob

It's random, no one person gets the same ad, per that one you're talking about and it's supposed to be on topic and based on location etc. So that's very annoying to hear. You should see an "X" where you can note it's inappropriate etc. If all else fails, use Adblocker as you're a L2 member and totally earned no ads on site.

This is what I got just now, for example (was looking at new keyboards on Amazon! So that was clever ;D) Notice the X in the top right?
« Last Edit: 06/10/2019 05:02 pm by Chris Bergin »
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Rocket Science

• NASA Educator Astronaut Candidate Applicant 2002
  • Liked: 4548
  • Likes Given: 13523
« Reply #168 on: 06/10/2019 05:04 pm »
Thanks
~Rob

It's random, no one person gets the same ad, per that one you're talking about and it's supposed to be on topic and based on location etc. So that's very annoying to hear. You should see an "X" where you can note it's inappropriate etc. If all else fails, use Adblocker as you're a L2 member and totally earned no ads on site.

This is what I got just now, for example (was looking at new keyboards on Amazon! So that was clever ;D) Notice the X in the top right?
Somebody's watching us! Thanks for the quick reply.
~Rob
"The laws of physics are unforgiving"
~Rob: Physics instructor, Aviator

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #169 on: 06/10/2019 05:05 pm »
Thanks
~Rob

Somebody's watching us! Thanks for the quick reply.
~Rob

That'll teach you for watching Fox and Friends. ;D

Offline BeamRider

• Seattle
  • Liked: 56
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: Upgraded NASASpaceFlight.com News Site Launch
« Reply #170 on: 12/19/2019 09:52 pm »
Tried to find a place for feedback on the launch webcasts, but hope this is close enough.
1. I can tell there are teething problems, but you are making good progress.
2. Often when remote cams are placed, they are not precisely level. With big vertical things like rockets, it is visually jarring. If leveling at the pad is difficult, perhaps consider image rotation software?
3. A really cool feature would be to be able to show different rockets side-by-side to correct scale. Is an F9 taller than an Atlas V? Thinner? The "live" rocket could be compared to various other current and historical vehicles. Instead of historical photos for comparison, silhouettes could work too, and might even be easier to understand. On-air crew is always asking for comments and questions, and this would generate lots of opportunity for audience interaction (and fill that bane of live commentators, dead air).

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography