Author Topic: Airplane Mechanic  (Read 364 times)

Airplane Mechanic
« on: 02/06/2018 09:51 PM »
Hy ! My name is Renato , i am 23 years old Airplane Airframe Mechanic, i am very interested in working for SpaceX yet i cant seem to find the specific job title as " Airframe technician ", "Mechanic" OR "Engineer." Is there a similar term for it ? any specific key work ? 

Thank you for your help and if you have any recommendations please let me know ! THANKS !
« Last Edit: 02/06/2018 10:03 PM by otaner142 »

Offline D_Dom

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 164
  • Likes Given: 107
Re: Airplane Mechanic
« Reply #1 on: 02/06/2018 10:20 PM »
This industry uses many skillsets that are directly related to your airframe license. You should know that engineer jobs will almost exclusively require a 4-year degree. I looked, you can find many interesting jobs if you search for "technician" do not limit your search with "airframe". I saw composites, sheetmetal, mechanisms and propulsion jobs listed. Look these descriptions over, submit a resume and good luck!
Space is not merely a matter of life or death, it is considerably more important than that!

Offline Rocket Science

• NASA Educator Astronaut Candidate Applicant 2002
  • Liked: 2468
  • Likes Given: 5946
« Reply #2 on: 02/06/2018 10:20 PM »
Hy ! My name is Renato , i am 23 years old Airplane Airframe Mechanic, i am very interested in working for SpaceX yet i cant seem to find the specific job title as " Airframe technician ", "Mechanic" OR "Engineer." Is there a similar term for it ? any specific key work ? 

Thank you for your help and if you have any recommendations please let me know ! THANKS !
Hi Renato, try AME aircraft maintenance engineer... Good luck! :)
"The laws of physics are unforgiving"
~Rob, Physics instructor, aviator, vintage auto racer

« Reply #3 on: 02/06/2018 10:37 PM »
Thank you so much for the reply !

« Reply #4 on: 02/06/2018 10:43 PM »
This industry uses many skillsets that are directly related to your airframe license. You should know that engineer jobs will almost exclusively require a 4-year degree. I looked, you can find many interesting jobs if you search for "technician" do not limit your search with "airframe". I saw composites, sheetmetal, mechanisms and propulsion jobs listed. Look these descriptions over, submit a resume and good luck!
Thank you so much ! By the way I havent been able to apply my license on the field since my issue date 2016, But i do have 3+ years of experience in the practice (school) with some Power-plant studies. Will this be taken as "Experience" or not at all ?
Once again Thanks !

Offline Rocket Science

• NASA Educator Astronaut Candidate Applicant 2002
  • Liked: 2468
  • Likes Given: 5946
« Reply #5 on: 02/07/2018 01:03 AM »
Thank you so much ! By the way I havent been able to apply my license on the field since my issue date 2016, But i do have 3+ years of experience in the practice (school) with some Power-plant studies. Will this be taken as "Experience" or not at all ?
Once again Thanks !
Those are usually considered training hours. Experience is hours after licensing... It really depends on what you are applying for exactly like fabrication. They may looking at experience using equipment only such as welders etc...
"The laws of physics are unforgiving"
~Rob, Physics instructor, aviator, vintage auto racer

« Reply #6 on: 02/07/2018 02:06 AM »
Once again Thanks !
Those are usually considered training hours. Experience is hours after licensing... It really depends on what you are applying for exactly like fabrication. They may looking at experience using equipment only such as welders etc...
Hmm... OK Thanks for the advice ! I have come up with about 10 positions that im very interested in, non the less i will send my resume to all of them and see what happens. I am pretty sure that they must have some specific training for their purposes in case that im missing some knowledge on their field of work (most likely).

Tags: