Author Topic: The (nothing to do with NSF but I use) Tapatalk Feedback Thread  (Read 153285 times)

Offline MP99

I suspect this is a change, but not completely certain.

Normally, if I reply to a thread, I'd expect to also become subscribed to that thread (this is in the user options, IIRC).

This seems to have stopped happening when posting via Tapatalk, and I'm pretty sure it used to. I'm guessing this is something that the forum software handles as part of accepting a post, so would be down to forum setup rather than Tt.

Cheers, Martin

Offline Star One

• UK
  • Liked: 3974
  • Likes Given: 220
They've just pushed out an update at least on iOS they have which is stated to be the first of a number of updates to be made in response to recent feedback to their changes.

Offline MP99

They've just pushed out an update at least on iOS they have which is stated to be the first of a number of updates to be made in response to recent feedback to their changes.

Yup, just seen it.

Everything's changed again. Have I missed it, or have the idiots now completely removed the option to display "subscribed" threads?

There is a "contributed" view. I guess that might be them just using a stupid / misleading name for it, which I wouldn't put past them. I'll dig further.

Cheers, Martin

Offline MP99

OK, there it is.

Go to "subscribed forum" (the star). Gives you a list of the forums you're subscribed to.

But, if you persevere and scroll down multiple pages, there it is - the list of threads to which you are subscribed.

At least the "unread" filter now works again, so that's a positive.

Cheers, Martin

Offline Star One

• UK

Yup, just seen it.

Everything's changed again. Have I missed it, or have the idiots now completely removed the option to display "subscribed" threads?

There is a "contributed" view. I guess that might be them just using a stupid / misleading name for it, which I wouldn't put past them. I'll dig further.

Cheers, Martin

To be fair they did state this is the first of a number of updates, so I'll wait until they've finished before passing judgement.

By the way this first update has now turned up on Android.

Offline MP99

Yup, just seen it.

Cheers, Martin

To be fair they did state this is the first of a number of updates, so I'll wait until they've finished before passing judgement.

By the way this first update has now turned up on Android.

OK, thanks (and I am on Android).

cheers, Martin

Offline Star One

• UK
Just to let people know a second update has been delivered today on the Android version.

Offline MP99

OK, so in Tt I select the a thread from my list of subscribed threads.

It takes me to page 1/57, but says this was pasted 1 day ago.

When I go to page 2/57, the post is from Jan 9th.

Page 57/57 then repeats the same posts that were shown on page 1!

:'(

Chris - can you get the webmaster to investigate?

cheers, Martin

Edit: PS I'm running v4.11.4
« Last Edit: 02/21/2015 07:33 pm by MP99 »

Offline mtakala24

That looks like Tapatalk bug or a forum software tapatalk plugin bug to me.

Offline nlec

• Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 51
it looks like the Tapatalk app on my Windows 8.1 tablet has been updated. Now the "unread" section says "no data found". Any suggestions? Known bug? Works for other forums, just not NSF.

Offline Star One

• UK
Every time I post on here I get a Thread Error 2211 message, this has only been occurring since the last app update on iOS. It also happens on other forums & seems it is something to do with the forum plugin.
« Last Edit: 11/26/2015 06:38 am by Star One »

Offline Jester

• Administrator
  • Earth
  • Liked: 6533
  • Likes Given: 157
Every time I post on here I get a Thread Error 2211 message, this has only been occurring since the last app update on iOS. It also happens on other forums & seems it is something to do with the forum plugin.

i've updated the plugin to the latest version, let me know if it helps

Offline Star One

• UK
Seems to have fixed it.

Just noticed I can finally like posts on here through Tapatalk. Though they seem to appear but then disappear afterwards.
« Last Edit: 11/27/2015 03:56 pm by Star One »

Offline MP99

Seems to have fixed it.

Just noticed I can finally like posts on here through Tapatalk. Though they seem to appear but then disappear afterwards.
It's something specific to Tapatalk, I think. Not the same likes shown on the main site.

Cheers, Martin

Offline fgonella

• Liked: 11
  • Likes Given: 0
I don't know if anyone else has the same problem. Tapatalk for iPhone doesn't load any image , they all appear as broken links. If I do open the page in browser, however, it loads them correctly. Also I don't have issues with pictures in Tapatalk with other forums I follow.

Offline Star One

• UK

I don't know if anyone else has the same problem. Tapatalk for iPhone doesn't load any image , they all appear as broken links. If I do open the page in browser, however, it loads them correctly. Also I don't have issues with pictures in Tapatalk with other forums I follow.

What iPhone do you have?

I recently changed from an older iPhone to a 6S+ & the images load much faster on the latter compared to the former.

Offline MP99

Tapatalk does this for most images, and I'm on Android.

Tapatalk only survives because of a lack of competition.

Cheers, Martin

Offline Star One

• UK

Tapatalk does this for most images, and I'm on Android.

Tapatalk only survives because of a lack of competition.

Cheers, Martin

Again I don't get this issue.

Offline Star One

• UK
New update of Tapatalk on iOS just turned up & one of the bug fixes is fixes some photos not being able to display.

Offline MP99

Just had an android update. Mentions something about photos.

Still no better as far as I can tell.

cheers, Martin

Tags: Space galaxy astronomy 

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography