Author Topic: Question about removed post  (Read 5431 times)

Offline gordonjs

• Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 0
Question about removed post
« on: 04/26/2022 08:35 pm »
New here, so maybe I posted wrong section? I posted in general chat regarding a spacecraft "part" that I have, hoping that someone on the forum could identify the part. The post was removed for some reason. I don't want to post it again, because I'm sure it was removed for a reason, but Im not sure what. It seemed like the most appropriate forum for the discussion, but maybe not. Thanks!

Offline Chris Bergin

Re: Question about removed post
« Reply #1 on: 04/29/2022 01:25 am »
New here, so maybe I posted wrong section? I posted in general chat regarding a spacecraft "part" that I have, hoping that someone on the forum could identify the part. The post was removed for some reason. I don't want to post it again, because I'm sure it was removed for a reason, but Im not sure what. It seemed like the most appropriate forum for the discussion, but maybe not. Thanks!

This is the strangest thing.....

When a post is reported, mods decide if further action is required. Usually not, given it's often someone saying "That person disagreed with me!" :D But regardless of what the mod does, there's a record of it in admin and if it's a mistake removal, the copy is there. I can't see anything relating to your post.

So I can only apologize as I can't send it back to you to repost as it's not anywhere to be seen, but by all means repost if you're willing.
« Last Edit: 04/29/2022 01:25 am by Chris Bergin »
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline deltaV

• Change in velocity
  • Liked: 568
  • Likes Given: 1866
« Reply #2 on: 08/04/2023 10:47 pm »
Earlier this week I made a new topic in "General Discussion" with title probably "Misc" or "Miscellaneous" because my post didn't seem like it was worth a dedicated thread but I couldn't find a good thread for it. (There's a 1% chance that I started writing the post but aborted before actually posting - I don't think that happened this time but I'm not 100% sure.) My post was about fatalities in the space industry (I may have used the word "deaths" rather than "fatalities"), both astronaut and non-astronaut. I can't find this post again. I wouldn't be surprised if mods moved my post elsewhere but I also can't find it in my profile list of posts or via the search functionality. Maybe it got moderated but I looked through the rules at https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=36479.0 and I don't see why that would be. Could an admin take a look at the moderation records and let me know if this post was moderated and if so give me a hint at what was wrong with it and preferably PM me a copy of either the whole post or the portion that was problematic? This would help me learn to better follow the rules in the future. Thanks in advance.

Offline DistantTemple

• England
  • Liked: 1694
  • Likes Given: 2813
« Reply #3 on: 08/04/2023 10:55 pm »
Hi DeltaV. I'm pretty sure I saw and read some of it, so you must have posted it.
We can always grow new new dendrites. Reach out and make connections and your world will burst with new insights. Then repose in consciousness.

Offline leovinus

• Porto, Portugal
  • Liked: 863
  • Likes Given: 1718
« Reply #4 on: 08/04/2023 10:59 pm »
Hi DeltaV. I'm pretty sure I saw and read some of it, so you must have posted it.
Same here, I saw it.

Offline litton4

• Liked: 390
  • Likes Given: 148
« Reply #5 on: 08/10/2023 10:05 am »
If you go to "Profile", you can click on "Show Posts" to see all your posts to verify whether it is still there or not.

You could probably "Report" a post of yours to ask if the one you mentioned was moderated.....
Dave Condliffe

Offline catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 8078
  • Likes Given: 7404
« Reply #6 on: 08/10/2023 11:09 am »
If you go to "Profile", you can click on "Show Posts" to see all your posts to verify whether it is still there or not.

You could probably "Report" a post of yours to ask if the one you mentioned was moderated.....

I wonder if the original post could be preserved but locked with a notation that the post was Deleted on and Deleted By.
Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #7 on: 08/10/2023 12:50 pm »
Always best a thread has an actual title so people know what they are clicking on.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline eeergo

« Reply #8 on: Today at 11:07 am »
Tried reporting to moderation, but it appears disabled for the recently-locked Starlink-at-war thread. PMing is likewise discouraged, and the pinned thread in this section about forum rules is locked, so posting here and asking some questions (1-5):

I recently posted a UAF video in the Starlink@war thread showing the destruction of Starlink dishes in use by the Russian occupying forces in Ukraine, and relatedly a Russian clip with no Twitter/X community notes or disproving answers that documents such deliveries, published by a reputable Polish news site. Both tweets are up for consultation, and their information has, as far as I can glean, not been debunked - which is directly relevant to immediately preceding posts stating the contrary about the situation with Starlink at the major ongoing war. As required by the thread, they were both relevant, solid and recent updates from official or reputable sources.

1- Was there any founded concern about the trustworthiness of these posts' information?
2- Were the posts contravening the thread's posting rules, and if so - how?

Any relevant context I tried imprinting on them with a few lines of text of my creation linking the new information to prior claims in the thread, which was contested by some other posters (who by the way were contravening the posting requirements in that thread), could have anyway been deleted, without nuking the posts. I would also have edited them if asked directly, like I've always done in the past.

3- Was there any reason why the above solution was not actionable?

These posts also abided by all other forum rules as described in this section, as far as I'm aware. The final admin message in the thread that lead to locking refers to another memeber's post showing a dubious Starlink Russian-subsidiary Chinese wholesale retailer that, indeed, had community notes on it. No other reference to why the thread was sanitized with no trace of the above posts is given.

4- Was any other forum-wide rule breached by the above posts that led to their swift and irrevocable deletion? Note I'm not referring to the post (and my answer to it) with dubious sources and community notes, which was nevertheless flagged by the author as such.

Respectfully, it's this site's owners call on whether they no longer want the topic to go on, to avoid polemics, moderator saturation or whatever - but sanitizing the above info first is just manipulative.

5- Will the above posts be reinstated within the locked thread, and if not - what rules are there now in place that prevent the use of Starlink by Russia be discussed here, should this ever-growing development be further confirmed and extended, so that they will not be inadvertedly contravened in other related threads?
-DaviD-

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography