Author Topic: Forum Bug Reports  (Read 65543 times)

Offline Yellowstone10

Re: Forum Bug Reports
« Reply #120 on: 08/04/2023 10:39 am »
Not a bug, really, just a weird forum behavior I've noticed before that I'm curious if there's a reason for - when I'm posting screencaps in a thread, any pictures with people in them seem to get a lot more view counts than those of space. For instance, in the NG-19 thread (https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=57030.0) at time of posting, most of the space pics have 5-10 views, but the two images of Mission Control (and even the generic NASA press photos of Woody Hoburg and Frank Rubio) have north of 40. Any idea why? Can't imagine Mission Control is that much more interesting to look at than a Cygnus space capsule.

Offline nicp

• Retired software engineer.
  • UK
  • Liked: 128
  • Likes Given: 1303
« Reply #121 on: 08/06/2023 01:10 pm »
I have a stone age iPhone SE (first gen) and recently I have had occasional load failures of forum pages. This happened an hour ago but unfortunately the phone reloaded the page successfully when I got home, so I didn't get a chance to take a screenshot.
I certainly will the next time it happens. The issue has been happening occasionally for a month or two.

iPhone SE (1st gen). Safari, iOs 15.7.7

The issue seems to happen when loading of forum pages is particularly slow. Now, my i.d. is only 4 characters yet sometimes I can type that and it will take the better part of 10 seconds to display it.

I don't believe this is the fault of the phone - it may be old and little better than a tin can and string, but it manages the BBC News, CNN. Scientific American et al without trouble.

Any suggestions most welcome (buy a tin can and string?), or similar experiences out there?

Best Regards,
Nic
For Vectron!

Online FutureSpaceTourist

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 80276
  • Likes Given: 36322
« Reply #122 on: 08/12/2023 06:56 am »
Sigh, the inevitable has happened - links to tweets now start with x.com rather than twitter.com and as a result donít automatically expand in a post to show the tweet.

Right now manually changing x to twitter seems to work. But I donít know how long for.

Hopefully the plug-in that handles tweets will have an update soon? Or maybe we can tweak the code ourselves?

Offline nicp

• Retired software engineer.
  • UK
  • Liked: 128
  • Likes Given: 1303
« Reply #123 on: 08/18/2023 10:12 am »
I have a stone age iPhone SE (first gen) and recently I have had occasional load failures of forum pages. This happened an hour ago but unfortunately the phone reloaded the page successfully when I got home, so I didn't get a chance to take a screenshot.
I certainly will the next time it happens. The issue has been happening occasionally for a month or two.

iPhone SE (1st gen). Safari, iOs 15.7.7

The issue seems to happen when loading of forum pages is particularly slow. Now, my i.d. is only 4 characters yet sometimes I can type that and it will take the better part of 10 seconds to display it.

I don't believe this is the fault of the phone - it may be old and little better than a tin can and string, but it manages the BBC News, CNN. Scientific American et al without trouble.

Any suggestions most welcome (buy a tin can and string?), or similar experiences out there?

Best Regards,
Nic
I hit the problem of a page not loading again yesterday. Let's see if I can attach the screenshot I took...
For Vectron!

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography