Author Topic: Contacting Chris  (Read 15663 times)

Online Chris Bergin

Contacting Chris
« on: 05/30/2014 02:08 pm »
That's me! ;D

So I've noticed some people have been "e-mailing me" via a function in the profile which opens a PM style box and claims to then fire off an e-mail to me.

Problem is, that's hit and miss for it to actually get to me, as it turns up tagged as from the site and usually via the e-mail address the member signed up with (which can be old or unused). My e-mail sees a site based e-mail, with a webmail address and throws its arms in the air saying "Oh, I'm not bothering Chris with this, it's likely spam!" ;D

So it's best to contact me either via PM or e-mail direct from your good e-mail address to [email protected]

And I always - to the point of having a freaky mental condition over it - respond to anyone contacting me.  A problem can be quality and a surge of e-mails PMs, where I may miss one. So if I don't respond within 24 hours at most, resend - always resend. I'd rather have it twice and not miss an e-mail.

I'd never knowingly ignore a message, so if I don't respond, especially after being sent it twice, you've probably been spammed out at my end, in which case use PM as that always arrives.

Thanking you!
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline NovaSilisko

• Liked: 1440
  • Likes Given: 1301
Re: Contacting Chris
« Reply #1 on: 05/31/2014 12:37 am »
I can confirm that Chris responds freakishly fast, even to stupid questions!  ;)

Offline aero

• Liked: 1146
  • Likes Given: 360
« Reply #2 on: 05/31/2014 06:01 am »
The thing I notice when PM-ing Chris is that not only is his response prompt, it is a considered response. He doesn't just blow off your concern with stock replies. Of course maybe over the years he has seen all possible concerns, so has a reply tailored for each one.  :) Naa - he thinks about his replies.
Retired, working interesting problems

Offline savuporo

• Liked: 1002
  • Likes Given: 342
« Reply #3 on: 05/31/2014 06:31 am »
Last time Big Chris sent me a PM it included the sentence "It's been emotional".
Orion - the first and only manned not-too-deep-space craft

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #4 on: 05/31/2014 12:15 pm »
The thing I notice when PM-ing Chris is that not only is his response prompt, it is a considered response. He doesn't just blow off your concern with stock replies. Of course maybe over the years he has seen all possible concerns, so has a reply tailored for each one.  :) Naa - he thinks about his replies.

I don't think everyone's had that same experience! ;D

Oh.....

**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #5 on: 06/16/2014 06:25 pm »
People are STILL e-mailing via e-mail in the profile. Either PM or direct to my e-mail address.

Online Lee Jay

• Elite Veteran
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3606
  • Likes Given: 327
« Reply #6 on: 06/16/2014 06:29 pm »
People are STILL e-mailing via e-mail in the profile. Either PM or direct to my e-mail address.

Would it be possible to disable that icon/feature in the web software?

Offline MP99

« Reply #7 on: 06/16/2014 06:31 pm »

Each user's profile already has an option to disable "Allow users to email me".

cheers, Martin

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #8 on: 06/16/2014 06:39 pm »

cheers, Martin

Not working for me. Maybe due to admin. Weird. I'll look into it.
« Last Edit: 06/16/2014 06:40 pm by Chris Bergin »

Online Lee Jay

• Elite Veteran
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3606
  • Likes Given: 327
« Reply #9 on: 06/16/2014 07:03 pm »

cheers, Martin

Yours appears to be disabled, but that only disables the ability of users to see your email address.  I think Chris is talking about the little envelope icon under your name in a post that enables the forum software to email you through a web form without providing the sent-to email to the sender.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography