Author Topic: Final Server Revamp for new NSF - Saturday Oct. 12, 2013  (Read 3968 times)

Online Chris Bergin

Actually completed without anyone noticing. Last of the old servers turned off, replaced by a new one.

However, if in the unlikely event, you notice any links or such "missing" or causing an error, please PM me. You shouldn't, but given we have lots of ways for people to download content, it's best we didn't miss anything.

Thanks!

Farewell old server 8429484294 (or whatever), and we thank you! ;)
« Last Edit: 10/12/2013 02:11 pm by Jester »
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Online Chris Bergin

One issue was reported via our excellent membership. Related to a mapping issue providing a php page you shouldn't be seeing. It was apparently only for a few people, but that is now fixed.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline MP99

I tend to have threads open in Firefox that I intend to go back and read more fully.

When I switch back to those old tabs (remember, they were fetched before the upgrade), I get a complaint that it wants a user + password for ads.nasaspaceflight.com..

It's only a one-off - disappears when the page is reloaded, and doesn't happen when opening a new tab, just dredging up old ones that were opened several days ago.

Can't imagine this needs any action, but just thought I'd mention it anyway.

cheers, Martin

Offline psloss

• Veteran armchair spectator
  • Liked: 4049
  • Likes Given: 2091
Re: Final Server Revamp for new NSF - Saturday Oct. 12, 2013
« Reply #3 on: 10/13/2013 05:12 pm »
I tend to have threads open in Firefox that I intend to go back and read more fully.

When I switch back to those old tabs (remember, they were fetched before the upgrade), I get a complaint that it wants a user + password for ads.nasaspaceflight.com..

It's only a one-off - disappears when the page is reloaded, and doesn't happen when opening a new tab, just dredging up old ones that were opened several days ago.

Can't imagine this needs any action, but just thought I'd mention it anyway.

cheers, Martin
I'm getting that password prompt only when I go to the WWW site.  FF + NoScript

Offline NSF Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Almere, The Netherlands
    • NASASpaceFlight.com
  • Liked: 219
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Final Server Revamp for new NSF - Saturday Oct. 12, 2013
« Reply #4 on: 10/13/2013 06:34 pm »
The password prompt should be gone by now. If you still experience it, please report the URL/page you we're visiting when it appeared.

Thanks
Mark

Offline MP99

The password prompt should be gone by now. If you still experience it, please report the URL/page you we're visiting when it appeared.

Thanks
Mark

Just tried the www site, and no prompt per psloss's report (whitelists on that page are on NSF, twitter & gogleapis, blacklists on google-analytics & googlesyndication).

Looks OK on the old tabs, also.

cheers, Martin

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography