Author Topic: The (nothing to do with NSF but I use) Tapatalk Feedback Thread  (Read 154871 times)

Offline Star One

• UK
  • Liked: 3998
  • Likes Given: 220

Just had an android update. Mentions something about photos.

Still no better as far as I can tell.

cheers, Martin

Might be worth contacting the developers which you can do through the app.

Offline Herb Schaltegger

Not sure if it's a problem on my end, but there was an "update" - I use the term lightly - to Tapatalk on iOS last night and now all images are broken in the app. Not having this problem on several other forums I checked, only NSF.
Ad astra per aspirin ...

Offline rsnellen4

• Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 0

Not sure if it's a problem on my end, but there was an "update" - I use the term lightly - to Tapatalk on iOS last night and now all images are broken in the app. Not having this problem on several other forums I checked, only NSF.
Seeing the same thing -

Offline Johnnyhinbos

• Boston, MA
  • Liked: 8095
  • Likes Given: 945

Seeing the same thing -
Generally speaking, when Tapatalk updates, the server's Tapatalk plug-in also needs to be updated as well. My guess is the NSF Tapatalk plug-in is out of date...
John Hanzl. Author, action / adventure www.johnhanzl.com

Offline Star One

• UK
Does anyone know what's the logic behind Tapatalk keeping on changing the look of the UI?
« Last Edit: 01/12/2016 03:16 pm by Star One »

Offline Herb Schaltegger

Does anyone know what's the logic behind Tapatalk keeping on changing the look of the UI?

I'm gonna go with "lack of clear UI design vision" + "lack of confidence in what they're doing" + "borderline incompetence." :p
Ad astra per aspirin ...

Offline Jester

• Administrator
  • Earth
  • Liked: 6553
  • Likes Given: 157
I've updated the plug-in, hopefully its better now...

Offline Herb Schaltegger

Thanks Jester but still not working here. Alas.
Ad astra per aspirin ...

Offline wholmeswa

• Liked: 17
  • Likes Given: 144

Thanks Jester but still not working here. Alas.

I am also seeing this problem. I reported via "Contact us" in Tapatalk.

Wayne

Offline Star One

• UK
Same here. Images showing as broken links.

Offline fgonella

• Liked: 11
  • Likes Given: 0
Same here, as it was the case in the past several months. The preview pics in topics list work, though.

Online Chris Bergin

Personally I'd say got to "full site" to view images and view the site how it was intended.....

Going to "full site" is the *first thing I do* when my phone "decides" it wants to load up the forum in that horrible tapatalk format (which seems to be some annoying default rather than an option. It really should only be an option).
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline MP99

Personally I'd say got to "full site" to view images and view the site how it was intended.....

Going to "full site" is the *first thing I do* when my phone "decides" it wants to load up the forum in that horrible tapatalk format (which seems to be some annoying default rather than an option. It really should only be an option).
Concensus of opinion in our local developer community is that web has had its day, and that in the future it will become more and more critical to offer a good user experience via apps (or at minimum an excellent "responsive" version of the website. Otherwise, the pain of viewing the content will outweigh the attraction of the content itself for all but the most committed.

Frankly SMF are falling down on the job here by not offering an app front end.

Personally, if my laptop is on, it's because I'm working on it. It's once I switch it off that I want to do my leisure activities (or snatching a few minutes on the move between client meetings). I've missed a fair bit of content because of Tapatalk issues (mostly images, but text formatting is often mangled, too). Your users are inexorably moving to a world of mobiles and tablets. You can be left behind and lose your user base, or you can embrace it.

Cheers, Martin
« Last Edit: 01/13/2016 11:08 am by Chris Bergin »

Offline MP99

Oh, and another reason not to use the web version on my tablet - basically just doesn't work when I try to reply to a thread.

See http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=32918.msg1474123#msg1474123

Cheers, Martin

Offline Star One

• UK

Concensus of opinion in our local developer community is that web has had its day, and that in the future it will become more and more critical to offer a good user experience via apps (or at minimum an excellent "responsive" version of the website. Otherwise, the pain of viewing the content will outweigh the attraction of the content itself for all but the most committed.

Frankly SMF are falling down on the job here by not offering an app front end.

Personally, if my laptop is on, it's because I'm working on it. It's once I switch it off that I want to do my leisure activities (or snatching a few minutes on the move between client meetings). I've missed a fair bit of content because of Tapatalk issues (mostly images, but text formatting is often mangled, too). Your users are inexorably moving to a world of mobiles and tablets. You can be left behind and lose your user base, or you can embrace it.

Cheers, Martin

But these issues at least for me always come through the app version of it.

Offline Herb Schaltegger

Well, all I'm saying is I use Tapatak with at least a dozen forums and they're all pretty much working as normal except NSF, and NSF was working great until the most recent Tapatalk update. Personally I like READING forums (including the pretty pictures) on my phone. When I want to write a post, I prefer my laptop. But I don't have my laptop with me all the time ... So anyway, yeah. Something's broken. :)
Ad astra per aspirin ...

Offline Jester

• Administrator
  • Earth
  • Liked: 6553
  • Likes Given: 157
They released another server update, which I just installed, better ??

Offline Star One

• UK

Sorry still a bunch of broken links for me.:(

Offline Herb Schaltegger

Ditto. Darn it. :(
Ad astra per aspirin ...

Offline Star One

• UK

Ditto. Darn it. :(

It's getting really annoying.

Tags: Space galaxy astronomy 

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography