Author Topic: Thank you button  (Read 5382 times)

Offline ceauke

• Brussels, Belggium
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 186
Thank you button
« on: 05/08/2012 02:29 pm »
Hi Chris

I've seen in some other forums that you can click a Thanks button and at the bottom of the message. Then it will show which users thought a message was praise-worthy.

Don't we have something like that on this forum? I'm learning so much here but dont' always want to spam the message chain with a simple "thank you" reply but it would be cool if I can give kudus to a helpful message. Or just cheer a one-line slap from a senior member to a noisy noob :-)

(attached an example)

Offline AnalogMan

• Cambridge, UK
  • Liked: 1611
  • Likes Given: 51
Re: Thank you button
« Reply #1 on: 05/08/2012 03:04 pm »
There is a "Like" button available for the forum SMF software, but this would need to be installed as an add-on (note - this is not a "Facebook Like" button).

Chris, if you're interested in considering the possibility adding this modification, details can be found on the Simple Machines website:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3029

There is a free 'lite' version, but the 'pro' version would be needed to allow individual posts to be 'liked'.  The 'pro' version costs $15 to licence for one (1) SMF forum.  'Pro' details (linked from the 'lite' page) are available here:
http://www.smfpacks.com/likes

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #2 on: 05/08/2012 03:51 pm »
I'm convinced there's nothing you don't know AM! I was about to say "Oh, that's a different forum format to ceauke, as I recognised it from the York City FC Forum format ;D - not as good as SMF for sure.)

Mark's been totally overrun with his own company, so we've brought in Aaron as an assistant webmaster. We'll certainly see what can be done for this and ceauke is a L2 member, so he's covered the 15 bucks for the pro version.

Leave it with us! :)
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline spacejulien

• Expert
  • Europe
  • Liked: 36
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #3 on: 05/08/2012 04:34 pm »
I think this would be a very useful feature, I imagine it especially helpful when catching up on busy threads.

Would be great if it were integrated!

~spacejulien
« Last Edit: 05/08/2012 04:36 pm by spacejulien »
Posts I contribute here reflect my personal view only; they do not necessarily reflect any official position or opinion of my employer.

Offline mtakala24

« Reply #4 on: 05/08/2012 10:07 pm »
spacejulien: my thoughts exactly. I've been restraining myself from posting "great post" -posts when catching up old (some over 6 months old) threads. Thank you or "like" feature would be fantastic :)

Hopefully SMF doesn't need to be upgraded for that addon...

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography