Author Topic: NASASpaceflight.com into Year 8 of Operations - Status and Plans  (Read 51919 times)

Online Chris Bergin

I can probably fix that ticker font issue (about as good as I get with this stuff ;D). Contact Us will be sorted, it's going to be a bit like the About Us page anyway...so probably linking to that.

I could probably manually add things like e-mail address and even Twitter addresses to the articles. I notice there's a "Author" Follow on sites like MLS':

Check out the end of this article:
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/12/05/garber-presents-nyc2-stadium-plan-queens-town-hall

That's cool.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline MP99

Any chance to remove this bug?

I don't get that and I've only seen it mentioned twice (you and someone on twitter) but Aaron will look into that for sure.

Not launching this officially until it's all good.

Yeah, I get that too, on IE8 here at work. Firefox 17.0.1 is fine on the same machine. AFAICT, both browsers are configured to go through the same proxy (so presumably same firewall rules) to reach the outside world.

Also, if I go to a page which doesn't exist (in this case
www.nasaspaceflight.com/storage/sites/forum/SSI.php
), I get an NSF.com branded page with:-

Apologies, but we were unable to find what you were looking for. Return to the homepage here.

However, the "here" goes to:-
www.dr-nox.com
...when I'd expect it to go to:-
http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/
The logo at top-left does go to NSF.com.

Another real weird one!!!  If I go to
http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/x
I get taken to page
http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2006/01/x-33venturestar-what-really-happened/

I'd be surprised if that was intended? I'd expect to just get an error.

Also, there's no link to the RSS feed of news articles.

Another - Recent Forum Posts lists an item by Apollo-phill, but the italics has caused half the last letter to be cropped off, so it reads as "Apollo phili".

cheers, Martin

Offline Space Pete

Check out the end of this article:
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/12/05/garber-presents-nyc2-stadium-plan-queens-town-hall

That's cool.

Yeah, they are cool, you can create them easily here: https://twitter.com/about/resources/buttons#follow

--------------------

Additionally, on the "Advertise With Us" page (and a few other random pages), some erroneous "Â" characters appear (see screenshot).
« Last Edit: 12/10/2012 09:56 pm by Space Pete »
NASASpaceflight ISS Editor

Offline apace

• Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 2
Another small bug, unknow character on Mac Safari.

Offline MP99

Looks amazing. I did have that bug on my work pc with the forum listing, but after one shift and f5 hard refresh it's never happened again, so do that.

Hmm, mine seems to have gone away, too, after I'd been to several different pages. Don't think I did refresh anywhere in that lot, it jhust went away eventually.

cheers, Martin

Offline MP99

Another small bug, unknow character on Mac Safari.

Yeah, that title had the hyphen replaced with a square box on IE8 & the question-mark thing on Firefox for me, too.

And blimey, the session timeout is uncomfortably short:- "Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message."

cheers, Martin

Online Chris Bergin

Ok, a few minor things to tweak, but it seems we have 99.99999 percent of people seeing full functionality, so how about we get this official new news site launch party started at 10pm GMT, 5pm Eastern.

Everyone bring a bottle ;)
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Dappa

• the Netherlands
  • Liked: 62
  • Likes Given: 76
. In the gold L2 ticker, some slashes (/) are replaced with V (as shown in screenshot below).
I have seen the same thing. It's not a V, but \ /(without the space). It seems to be an addslashes/stripslashes problem, also see the attached image.

Also, I don't see the gold. It looks more like a dirty brownish color to me.
Edit: scratch that, my laptop screen is just crap. ;) On my other screen it's better.

Otherwise it looks great. :)
« Last Edit: 12/10/2012 06:52 pm by Dappa »

Offline apace

• Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 2
What's the idea of this horizontal line?

Offline clongton

• Expert
  • Connecticut
    • Direct Launcher
  • Liked: 7351
  • Likes Given: 3755
Chris - I've asked about this before (not specific to this upgrade).

When you write an article "and" establish a discussion thread based on it, PLEASE put a link somewhere in the article to the thread you established. I can't tell you how often I went back to an article you had written months earlier, read something I had missed before and then searched, sometimes for hours, to find the appropriate discussion thread so I could research my question. It's a simple thing for you to do, and you can't even imagine how much I would appriciate that! :) I use your articles, and the ensuing discussion threads, for all kinds of research. That link would be a tremendous asset to me, and others like me, who use well and carefully written news articles in our research, articles like yours.
Chuck - DIRECT co-founder
I started my career on the Saturn-V F-1A engine

Online Chris Bergin

Probably something we can do better with the forum when we've revamped that, next.

Right, moving off this thread on to the Phase A launch thread....link here when I've posted it.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography