Author Topic: Brownsville airport warehouse  (Read 3225 times)

Offline Arvedul

• Poland
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 0
Brownsville airport warehouse
« on: 02/22/2024 10:00 am »
Hi Some time ago I noticed on google maps that there is spacex warehouse at Brwonsvile airport. Do we have any info about it? From street view it look like forward delivery warehouse for starbase with some parts visible that were leater delivered to starbase. Its not marked at Raul74Cz map.

location on Google maps, SpaceX logo visible on the roof:
https://www.google.com/maps/@25.908353,-97.4337347,353m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu
« Last Edit: 02/25/2024 02:33 am by gongora »

Online jstrotha0975

• United States
  • Liked: 343
  • Likes Given: 2657
Re: Brownsvile airport warehouse
« Reply #1 on: 02/22/2024 01:25 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if they had a building at or near the Port as well.

Offline edzieba

• Virtual Realist
  • United Kingdom
  • Liked: 9426
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #2 on: 02/22/2024 01:30 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if they had a building at or near the Port as well.
They rent a lot at the port, it's where the first delivered tower segment is stored (and the newly delivered ones will go).

Online catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 9380
  • Likes Given: 8082
« Reply #3 on: 02/22/2024 02:46 pm »
Hi Some time ago I noticed on google maps that there is spacex warehouse at Brwonsvile airport. Do we have any info about it? From street view it look like forward delivery warehouse for starbase with some parts visible that were leater delivered to starbase. Its not marked at Raul74Cz map.

location on Google maps, SpaceX logo visible on the roof:
https://www.google.com/maps/@25.908353,-97.4337347,353m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu

I sent a request to Raul (the SpaceX facilities catalog and Launch Vehicle splash-down mapping guy for NSF) to investigate.
« Last Edit: 02/22/2024 02:49 pm by catdlr »
It's Tony De La Rosa, ...I don't create this stuff, I just report it.

Offline seb21051

• Michigan, USA
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 199
« Reply #4 on: 02/22/2024 05:23 pm »
I like it stealthily renamed to "Journey to Harmony Social Services". The imagination runs riot.

Offline ChrisC

• Veteran
  • Liked: 1567
  • Likes Given: 1756
« Reply #5 on: 02/24/2024 09:17 pm »
I sent a request to Raul (the SpaceX facilities catalog and Launch Vehicle splash-down mapping guy for NSF) to investigate.

FYI here is Raul's excellent map, zoomed in on the Brownsville / Boca Chica area: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1wvgFIPuOmI8da9EIB88tHo9vamo&ll=25.989893327784806%2C-97.39882393524073&z=11

I'll be there in April so could drive by, but someone will probably beat me to it.
PSA #1: EST does NOT mean "Eastern Time".  Use "Eastern" or "ET" instead, all year round, and avoid this common error.  Google "EST vs EDT".
PSA #2: It's and its: know the difference and quietly impress grammar pedants.  Google "angry flower its" .  *** See profile for two more NSF forum tips. ***

Online catdlr

« Reply #6 on: 02/24/2024 10:16 pm »

FYI here is Raul's excellent map, zoomed in on the Brownsville / Boca Chica area: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1wvgFIPuOmI8da9EIB88tHo9vamo&ll=25.989893327784806%2C-97.39882393524073&z=11

I'll be there in April so could drive by, but someone will probably beat me to it.

ChrisC,  Raul didn't return my request.  So we will wait for your input in April.  Thanks,  Tony

Offline ChrisC

• Veteran
Re: Brownsville airport warehouse
« Reply #7 on: 02/25/2024 10:45 pm »
Sure, I've put it on my calendar; I'll stop by there late on April 9th or early on April 10th.  Although I expect that someone will beat me to it, especially with IFT3 likely to happen before I get there.  (<-- note: not an invitation to debate)

From the map's changelog, Raul hasn't updated that map in 14 months, 22 months if you ignore the two minor updates later in 2022.  So he may have moved on.
« Last Edit: 02/25/2024 10:57 pm by ChrisC »
PSA #1: EST does NOT mean "Eastern Time".  Use "Eastern" or "ET" instead, all year round, and avoid this common error.  Google "EST vs EDT".
PSA #2: It's and its: know the difference and quietly impress grammar pedants.  Google "angry flower its" .  *** See profile for two more NSF forum tips. ***

Offline ChrisC

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 04/10/2024 06:21 pm »
OK, here you go. I drove by slowly and took some pictures. In the first photo, in which I was facing southeast I think, that wavy structure is the airport terminal. The second photo is the backside of the building; that parking lot is NOT SpaceX, rather "overflow parking" for something. The rest are just snapshots through the gates.

Offline Arvedul

• Poland
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: 04/12/2024 02:24 pm »
Nothing exciting unfortunately. But it gets me to wonder how much more massive is spacex presence in local area. I personally don't see much outside NSF streams and photos, since its literally on the other side of the world for me .

Online catdlr

« Reply #10 on: 04/12/2024 02:56 pm »
Nothing exciting unfortunately. But it gets me to wonder how much more massive is spacex presence in local area. I personally don't see much outside NSF streams and photos, since its literally on the other side of the world for me .

Arvedul,  Welcome to the forum.

You can see all of the SpaceX facilities on this site created by Raul at the link provided.  He no longer maintains it, so it's a bit dated, nonetheless, you can get a feel for it.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1wvgFIPuOmI8da9EIB88tHo9vamo&hl=en_US&ll=33.96523626692166%2C-86.95869571552419&z=4

Offline ChrisC

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 04/14/2024 07:09 pm »
I came across something else while heading to this site last week. I was letting the car navigate me to the warehouse, when I rounded a bend and saw this. It looked at first very much like Starship tank parts, and I was like, oh am I already at the destination? No, I was still half a mile away.

Upon closer inspection, these panels had more complex / compound curves than are used on Starship, definitely not cylindrical, so I think it was just another metal shop. Anyway you all can look closer and opine further :)

Online catdlr

« Reply #12 on: 04/14/2024 07:56 pm »
I came across something else while heading to this site last week. I was letting the car navigate me to the warehouse, when I rounded a bend and saw this. It looked at first very much like Starship tank parts, and I was like, oh am I already at the destination? No, I was still half a mile away.

Upon closer inspection, these panels had more complex / compound curves than are used on Starship, definitely not cylindrical, so I think it was just another metal shop. Anyway you all can look closer and opine further :)

On Google Maps, there are a few of these on both sides of the driveway.  They almost look like jigs for an Airframe or wing.  Gee, those buildings need their roofs re-done.
« Last Edit: 04/14/2024 07:57 pm by catdlr »

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography