Author Topic: SpaceX Texas Massey site Discussion and Updates  (Read 64373 times)

Offline Dancing Dog

• Vermont
  • Liked: 57
  • Likes Given: 212
Re: SpaceX Texas Massey site Discussion and Updates
« Reply #60 on: 05/07/2023 07:06 am »
If Ship 25 is truly a twin to 24, then it isn't compatible (barring mods) with the newer boosters.
« Last Edit: 05/07/2023 02:08 pm by Dancing Dog »

Offline joek

• Liked: 2792
  • Likes Given: 1099
« Reply #61 on: 05/07/2023 07:45 am »
If Ship 25 is truly a twin to 24, then it isn't compatible (barring mods) with the newer boosters.

? Please expand on that assertion.

Offline Dancing Dog

• Vermont
  • Liked: 57
  • Likes Given: 212
« Reply #62 on: 05/07/2023 02:07 pm »
Sorry, lack of sleep and confusion with 4/20.

Offline chopsticks

• Québec, Canada
  • Liked: 1107
  • Likes Given: 170
« Reply #63 on: 05/07/2023 02:10 pm »
This is my understanding too, but I can't remember why. Is it the stage separation mechanism that is different?

Online FutureSpaceTourist

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 82860
  • Likes Given: 37261
« Reply #64 on: 05/17/2023 10:22 pm »
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1658960839607500803

We’re getting great use out of Massey’s gun range!

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
« Reply #65 on: 05/19/2023 06:36 am »
https://twitter.com/labpadre/status/1659371460907892736

Cryo testing at Massey's this evening. youtube.com/live/JGZEAYy0s…  #SpaceX #Starbase #Starship

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
« Reply #66 on: 06/03/2023 05:39 pm »
https://twitter.com/rgvaerialphotos/status/1665048092469522432

Booster Cryo Pad is coming along nicely!
Starbase Weekly livestream link: youtube.com/live/lLg9BHgzn…

Offline alugobi

• Liked: 1627
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #67 on: 06/17/2023 10:29 pm »
Seriously?  Four times linked?

Offline catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 9606
  • Likes Given: 8211
« Reply #68 on: 06/18/2023 12:27 am »
Seriously?  Four times linked?
I had the same thought, but the video covers four work site thread areas.  Oh well, you could have been a little bit more polite.  Post deleted.
« Last Edit: 06/18/2023 12:35 am by catdlr »
It's Tony De La Rosa, ...I don't create this stuff, I just report it.

Offline alugobi

• Liked: 1627
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #69 on: 06/18/2023 12:55 am »
No harm intended; it was rather short the way I wrote it.  Sorry...

But seeing them, it picked a scab off for me about something that kind of bugs me here:  too many threads that aren't much distinguished from each other.  Seems to make a lot of work for the mods, too, who make a boatload of "cross posts" trying to accommodate all the slots that appear to fit. 

I don't have a solution, but it's one of those "I know it when I see it" situations. 

Maybe vids could go in a generic "Starbase Videos" thread in the General Forum.  And comments then in the appropriate sub forum. 

But this gripe is off topic for this one, so never mind.

Offline catdlr

« Reply #70 on: 06/18/2023 01:14 am »

Maybe the videos could go into a generic "Starbase Videos" thread in the "SpaceX" General Forum.  and comments in the appropriate sub-forum. 

Done!!  Thank you.

Offline edzieba

• Virtual Realist
  • United Kingdom
  • Liked: 9652
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #71 on: 06/19/2023 09:45 am »
If information is relevant to more than one thread, there is no harm in posting it in more than one thread. This is not a social-media-internet-points-farming operation, there is nothing lost by adding information where it is relevant.

Offline catdlr

« Reply #72 on: 06/19/2023 09:59 am »
If the information is relevant to more than one thread, there is no harm in posting it in more than one thread. This is not a social-media-internet-points-farming operation, there is nothing lost by adding information where it is relevant.

Thanks for the support.  I was hoping that RGV would index their video so that I can just indicate which chapters to review or provide the time stamp.  I've also considered editing the video into parts relevant to the thread but then that would take away their monetarization.

Online Metalskin

• Brisbane, Australia
  • Liked: 101
  • Likes Given: 1798
« Reply #73 on: 06/19/2023 09:37 pm »
... I was hoping that RGV would index their video so that I can just indicate which chapters to review or provide the time stamp.  I've also considered editing the video into parts relevant to the thread but then that would take away their monetarization.

If you queue the video to the point in time that you want, then click the share button, then the dialog has a check box to "Start at <time>". Then you can click the copy button to copy the link, and the link will have a reference to that time. That means anyone clicking on the link will automatically start playing at the point in time you created the link for.
How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke

Offline catdlr

« Reply #74 on: 06/20/2023 12:28 am »
... I was hoping that RGV would index their video so that I can just indicate which chapters to review or provide the time stamp.  I've also considered editing the video into parts relevant to the thread but then that would take away their monetarization.

If you queue the video to the point in time that you want, then click the share button, then the dialog has a check box to "Start at <time>". Then you can click the copy button to copy the link, and the link will have a reference to that time. That means anyone clicking on the link will automatically start playing at the point in time you created the link for.

Yes, I used that feature but it never worked on the site (I'm a YT creator). It just starts playing at the beginning.
« Last Edit: 06/20/2023 12:30 am by catdlr »

Online Metalskin

• Brisbane, Australia
  • Liked: 101
  • Likes Given: 1798
« Reply #75 on: 06/20/2023 02:30 am »

Yes, I used that feature but it never worked on the site (I'm a YT creator). It just starts playing at the beginning.

That's weird. Maybe the forum is stripping out the extra options on the URL, though I wouldn't have expected it to.
How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke

Offline catdlr

« Reply #76 on: 06/20/2023 04:02 am »

That's weird. Maybe the forum is stripping out the extra options on the URL, though I wouldn't have expected it to.

I did some experiments.  One of the issues is that the video is classified as "Live" rather than an "uploaded" video.  NSF will strip the time code.  But I also tried the time stamp for regularly uploaded videos and had the same issue.  So nothing has changed since I stopped doing that.  So what I will do is post the entire video on the Starbase thread and post thread links of it to the three various discussion threads (Massey, Manufacturing. Launch Pad).   Hopefully, I won't get chastised for posting the same link everywhere.
« Last Edit: 06/20/2023 04:03 am by catdlr »

Offline catdlr

« Reply #77 on: 06/20/2023 04:16 am »
https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=53216.msg2498640#msg2498640

Massey 00:00 to 38:06
Sanchez Site: 38:07 1:12:15
Manufacturing : 1:12:15 to 2:01:44
Village : 2:01:45 to 2:12:14
Launch Pad:  2:12:14 to end

Offline edzieba

• Virtual Realist
  • United Kingdom
  • Liked: 9652
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #78 on: 06/20/2023 04:33 pm »

On desktops, you can also just scrub the the desired time and right-click to get a timestamp link.

Problem is, the NSF forum software removes the timestamp portion of any youtube links as part of the embedding process, and the software also force-embeds anything it thinks looks like a youtube URL even if you try to make it a clickable link instead.

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
« Reply #79 on: 07/28/2023 02:52 am »
Cross-post:

https://twitter.com/harry__stranger/status/1684734780452302848

2 Starships and 1 Booster.

High-resolution satellite imagery captured SpaceX's Starbase test sites on 2023-07-26 17:01:46 UTC.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography