Author Topic: SpaceX F9 : Nusantara 5 (Lima) : mid 2024  (Read 11149 times)

Online gongora

• Global Moderator
  • US
  • Liked: 13885
  • Likes Given: 5933
SpaceX F9 : Nusantara 5 (Lima) : mid 2024
« on: 03/23/2022 01:01 pm »
Discussion thread for Nusantara 5 (formerly Nusantara Lima) launch

Launch in 2024 to GTO.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/psn-group-builds-nusantara-lima-satellite-301508376.html
JAKARTA, Indonesia, March 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- PSN Group will continue developing satellite capacity in Indonesia and surrounding areas.  PSN Group has entered into contracts to build the Nusantara Lima Satellite which will be launched in 2023 and will augment the capacity of SATRIA-1. With these two VHTS, PSN Group will be one of the biggest satellite capacity providers in Asia with approximately 330 Gbps covering Indonesia and its surrounding areas.

The Nusantara Lima Satellite has a capacity exceeding 160 Gbps, which will provide primary service in Indonesia and some ASEAN countries. The satellite ground system includes gateways in Banda Aceh, Bengkulu, Cikarang, Gresik, Banjarmasin, Tarakan and Kupang. The satellite will also provide satellite-based internet access all over Indonesia and to some ASEAN countries.

Minister of Communications and Informatics of the Republic of Indonesia, Johnny G. Plate states, "I want to congratulate PSN Group for the Nusantara Lima Satellite Project. This project shows that despite the pandemic situation, the acceleration of digital transformation continues to be developed in providing connectivity across the Indonesian Archipelago. With the HBS and SATRIA-1, the Government of Indonesia will provide inclusivity and connectivity all over the nation, including some of the neighboring countries in ASEAN. The Nusantara Lima Satellite will provide 140 Gbps capacity in Indonesia, whereas the majority of the 80 Gbps will be utilized by BAKTI Kominfo for Hot Backup Satellite, 60 Gbps will be utilized by the national satellite operator and the balance of 20 Gbps will be serving Malaysia and the Philippines."

President Director of Telecommunication and Information Accessibility Agency (BAKTI), Anang Latif states, "The Hot Backup Satellite and the SATRIA-1 Satellite ensure a higher degree of reliability for services in the most remote places in Indonesia and also provides additional capacity to this area. This allows BAKTI to fulfill its Universal Service Obligation (USO) as mandated by the Government to the remote places in Indonesia where terrestrial communication is not available. "

CEO of PSN Group, Adi Rahman Adiwoso, explained, "We have already entered into a contract with a satellite manufacturer from the United States, Boeing Satellite Systems, to build the Nusantara Lima satellite. We also have entered into an agreement with SpaceX to launch the satellite on its Falcon 9 rocket. PSN Group has also selected its ground segment partners Hughes Network System for the broadband network and Kratos Communication to provide Satellite Spectrum Monitoring and Network Management System. The antenna and the RF gateways are provided by Kratos and PCCW Global from Hong Kong. PSN Group is proud to work together with world-class partners in bringing Nusantara Lima operational in 2023. "

Ryan Reid, President, Boeing Commercial Satellite Systems International, states, "Boeing has a rich history of serving the Asia Pacific region with our satellites and satellite services, including Superbird 4, Asiasat, and JCSAT-18. We also provided Indonesia's first telecommunications satellite Palapa A1 in 1976 and we're proud to continue that legacy for Indonesia and its neighbors with our customer PT Satelit Nusantara Lima (SNL), a subsidiary of Pasifik Satelit Nusantara, on the N5 Satellite. Through innovative technologies, like transient-free precision pointing and other customizations to meet SNL's unique requirements, Boeing's 702MP satellite will provide unprecedented and inclusive connectivity services to the diverse environments of the Asia Pacific region. "

"PSN's selection of SpaceX to launch Nusantara Lima is a testament to our great relationship," said SpaceX Vice President of Commercial Sales Tom Ochinero. "This launch will mark SpaceX's third mission for the company, and we look forward to providing a reliable ride to orbit for this spacecraft."

PSN Group also selected Kratos and Hughes Network Systems, LLC (HUGHES) as part of key ground segment suppliers for Nusantara Lima network, similar to Nusantara Tiga network.
« Last Edit: 12/04/2023 03:16 am by gongora »

Offline Josh_from_Canada

• Saskatchewan Canada
  • Liked: 584
  • Likes Given: 182
Re: SpaceX F9 : Nusantara Lima : 2023
« Reply #1 on: 03/23/2022 07:58 pm »
Could this be built on the bus of the canceled GiSAT 1?
Launches Seen: Atlas V OA-7, Falcon 9 Starlink 6-4, Falcon 9 CRS-28,

Offline Skyrocket

• Extreme Veteran
  • Frankfurt am Main, Germany
  • Liked: 940
  • Likes Given: 172
« Reply #2 on: 03/23/2022 09:04 pm »

My best guess is that it is more or less the GiSAT 1 satellite with some upgrades in the payload.
As Nusantara 5 is planned to be launched in 2023 it is a strong hint that they will use already existing hardware.

Online zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
  • Arc to Arcturus, then Spike to Spica
  • Sometimes it feels like Trantor in the time of Hari Seldon
  • Liked: 7392
  • Likes Given: 72420
Re: SpaceX F9 : Nusantara Lima : Q2 2023
« Reply #3 on: 07/15/2022 07:25 pm »
Nusantara Lima = HBS scheduled to launch in Q2 2023.
My bold and correction in quote.

Antara (Indonesian national news agency), Indonesia's SATRIA-1 satellite projected to orbit on 2023: official, July 13
To support the performance of SATRIA-1, the Ministry of Communication and Informatics will also provide a backup satellite in the form of a Hot Backup Satellite (HBS), with a capacity of 80 Gbps, [Anang Latief, Director of the Telecommunications and Information Accessibility Agency (BAKTI) of the Communication and Informatics Ministry, to ANTARA on Wednesday] noted.

He remarked that the HBS Provision Project also uses HTS technology with the Ka-Band frequency in collaboration with a satellite manufacturer, Boeing, and was [will be] launched using the Space-X rocket launcher, Falcon 9.

Indonesian administrators will use the orbit slot 113 E. The HBS provision project is currently in the construction phase starting in the second quarter of 2022 and is planned to be launched in the second quarter of 2023 into space.

My best guess is that it is more or less the GiSAT 1 satellite with some upgrades in the payload.
As Nusantara 5 is planned to be launched in 2023 it is a strong hint that they will use already existing hardware.

GiSAT 1 make/model is BSS-702MP.
« Last Edit: 07/15/2022 07:31 pm by zubenelgenubi »
Support your local planetarium! (COVID-panic and forward: Now more than ever.) My current avatar is saying "i wants to go uppies!" Yes, there are God-given rights. Do you wish to gainsay the Declaration of Independence?

Offline scr00chy

• Czechia
    • ElonX.net
  • Liked: 1685
  • Likes Given: 1595
Re: SpaceX F9 : Nusantara Lima : Q2 2023
« Reply #4 on: 10/09/2022 11:45 am »
From July 25, 2022:

https://en.antaranews.com/news/241181/minister-reviews-progress-of-indonesian-satellite-at-boeing-spacex

The HBS program is on target and has entered the construction phase in 2022, with the estimated time of launching into orbit being the first quarter of 2023, Latief said.

Offline Conexion Espacial

• Liked: 3164
  • Likes Given: 2273
« Reply #5 on: 01/26/2023 01:59 pm »

NextSpaceFlight indicates that the launch is now scheduled for March.

Falcon 9 Block 5 | Nusantara Lima
NET: Mar, 2023 UTC
https://nextspaceflight.com/launches/details/6907
I publish information in Spanish about space and rockets.
www.x.com/conexionspacial

Online zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: 03/05/2023 03:54 pm »
Any new news about this launch?  My not-a-space-insider guess is the launch will not be in March.
Support your local planetarium! (COVID-panic and forward: Now more than ever.) My current avatar is saying "i wants to go uppies!" Yes, there are God-given rights. Do you wish to gainsay the Declaration of Independence?

Offline GewoonLukas_

• Lukas C. H.
  • Netherlands
  • Liked: 3046
  • Likes Given: 1553
« Reply #7 on: 03/05/2023 04:30 pm »
Any new news about this launch?  My not-a-space-insider guess is the launch will not be in March.

The most recent news is quite old. Just like with WorldView Legion, I'm expecting this launch to be "NET Next Month" until new official information comes out.
Lukas C. H. • Hobbyist Mission Patch Artist 🎨 • May the force be with you my friend, Ad Astra Per Aspera ✨️

Offline crandles57

• Sychdyn
  • Liked: 431
  • Likes Given: 136
« Reply #8 on: 03/05/2023 08:01 pm »
Nusantara Lima HBS is due for launch before the end of 2023.
https://advanced-television.com/2023/01/06/indonesias-satria-1-suffers-further-delays/

Online zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: 03/06/2023 07:47 pm »
Nusantara Lima HBS is due for launch before the end of 2023.
https://advanced-television.com/2023/01/06/indonesias-satria-1-suffers-further-delays/ [Jan 6]
While Satria-1 is under construction at Thales Alenia Space, there is a ‘back-up’ craft being built by Boeing called Nusantara Lima HBS, and there’s a distinct possibility that the back-up satellite could end up being launched before the Satria-1. Nusantara Lima HBS is due for launch before the end of 2023.

Offline GewoonLukas_

• Lukas C. H.
  • Netherlands
« Reply #10 on: 06/16/2023 12:28 pm »
On track for launch at the end of the year:

PSN Can’t Fully Deliver Despite Launching 310 Gbps on 2 Broadband Satellites Later This Year

June 9, 2023

[...]

Agus Budi Tjahjono, commercial director at PT Pasifik Satelit Nusantara (PSN), Indonesia’s domestic satellite fleet operator, said the Boeing Satellite Systems-built Nusantara-5, sometimes referred to as Satria’s Hot Backup Satellite, is son track for launch at the end of the year. Its throughput is expected to be more than 160 Gbps.

[...]
Lukas C. H. • Hobbyist Mission Patch Artist 🎨 • May the force be with you my friend, Ad Astra Per Aspera ✨️

Offline GewoonLukas_

• Lukas C. H.
  • Netherlands
« Reply #11 on: 08/28/2023 07:55 pm »
Launch was targeted for Q3 when SATRIA-1 / Nusantara Tiga launched earlier this year in June, so this launch could actually be coming up soon...

SATRIA-1 launch to improve internet access across Indonesia
19 june 2023

[...]

In addition to SATRIA-1, the ministry will launch Hot Backup Satellite (HBS) in the third quarter of 2023. The Communication and Informatics Ministry stated that satellites are the best and quickest choice for equitable internet distribution in Indonesia.

[...]

Offline GWR64

• Germany
  • Liked: 1697
  • Likes Given: 1042
« Reply #12 on: 09/08/2023 08:01 pm »
launch is planned in December 2023, at least it is written there:

https://www.majalahict.com/grup-psn-memperluas-akses-layanan-satelit-di-kawasan-asean-untuk-mendukung-digitalisasi-di-filipina/

Google translate:
PSN Group Expands Access to Satellite Services in the ASEAN Region to Support Digitalization in the Philippines

Friday, September 8 3:52

ICT MAGAZINE – Jakarta. Pacific Satellite Nusantara Group (PSN) through its subsidiary, PT Satelit Nusantara Lima (SNL) together with the Philippine Government held a meeting to discuss the development of the Satellite Capacity Service Agreement which had been agreed with We Are IT Philippines Inc. (WIT) at the end of 2022 regarding the use of Nusantara 5 (N5) satellite capacity in the Philippines. Based on the agreement, the N5 Satellite, which is planned to be launched in December 2023, will help provide satellite-based internet connections in remote areas of the Philippines.
« Last Edit: 09/08/2023 08:06 pm by GWR64 »

Online gongora

• Global Moderator
  • US
  • Liked: 13885
  • Likes Given: 5933
Re: SpaceX F9 : Nusantara Lima : Canceled
« Reply #13 on: 10/23/2023 10:25 pm »
« Last Edit: 10/23/2023 10:36 pm by gongora »

Online zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
Re: SpaceX F9 : Nusantara Lima : Canceled?
« Reply #14 on: 10/23/2023 10:57 pm »
I wonder how close to completion the satellite is?

Offline GewoonLukas_

• Lukas C. H.
  • Netherlands
« Reply #15 on: 10/24/2023 08:02 am »
I wonder how close to completion the satellite is?

Given that the launch was/is supposedly about 2 months away, I'd say it's likely fully completed and undergoing some final testing

Offline ZachS09

• Space Savant
  • Roanoke, TX
  • Liked: 2344
  • Likes Given: 2060
« Reply #16 on: 10/24/2023 11:05 am »
Can they repurpose and/or rename the satellite so it can be launched?

I hate to see it be scrapped this far in development.
« Last Edit: 12/23/2023 02:50 am by ZachS09 »
Liftoff for St. Jude's! Go Dragon, Go Falcon, Godspeed Inspiration4!

Offline GWR64

• Germany
  • Liked: 1697
  • Likes Given: 1042
« Reply #17 on: 10/24/2023 06:24 pm »
The Indonesian government's reservation for 50% bandwidth on Nusantara 5 (called Hot Backup Satellite) was canceled.
Operator PT Pasifik Satelit Nusantara probably plans to launch the satellite despite this.
That's how I understand the messages.

https://www.cnbcindonesia.com/tech/20231024160202-37-483276/kominfo-ungkap-nasib-satelit-rp-52-t-yang-setop-tengah-jalan

Google translate:
Kominfo Reveals the Fate of the Rp. 5.2 T Satellite that Stopped in the Middle of the Road
Tech - Novina Putri Bestari, CNBC Indonesia
24 October 2023 19:10

Jakarta, CNBC Indonesia - Recently the Hot Back-up Satellite (HBS) project was officially stopped. The Telecommunications and Information Accessibility Agency (Bakti) Kominfo has opened its voice regarding the fate of the satellite's orbital slot.

Bakti Infrastructure Director Danny Januar Ismawan explained that the HBS scheme is the provision of goods and services. The concept is one satellite for various uses.

"So at that time we agreed that the government would reserve 50 percent of the capacity, so 80 Gbps out of a total of 160 Gbps," said Danny during a Media Briefing at the Bakti office, Tuesday (24/10/2023).

The satellite orbit slots are owned by the Nusantara Jaya Consortium, namely PT Satelit Nusantara Lima, PT DSST Mas Gemilang, PT Pasifik Satelit Nusantara, and PT Palapa Satelit Nusa Sejahtera. So, the termination of the contract will not affect the use of the orbital slot.

Danny explained that the satellite would still be completed by the consortium. Because they already have their own business plan.

"So with the termination, the consortium has its own business plan, so it continues to complete the satellite," he said.

Danny also revealed that the consortium is still working on a refund scheme. That way, there will be no state losses due to the HBS project being stopped.

In an official statement on Bakti's official website, the HBS project is worth IDR 5.2 trillion. The IDR 3.5 trillion that has been spent will be returned by the consortium.

"However, we are trying so that it doesn't become a loss to the state, so the fund refund scheme, etc. will certainly be fulfilled by the consortium," he explained.
« Last Edit: 10/24/2023 08:16 pm by GWR64 »

Offline GewoonLukas_

• Lukas C. H.
  • Netherlands
« Last Edit: 11/05/2023 09:34 am by GewoonLukas_ »

Online AndrewM

• Global Moderator
  • United States
  • Liked: 256
  • Likes Given: 751
Re: SpaceX F9 : Nusantara Lima : NET Late 2023?
« Reply #19 on: 12/04/2023 01:46 am »
Delayed to mid-2024.

The Nusantara-5 Satellite is also planned to have a larger internet capacity than the Nusantara-3 or Satria-1 Satellite, which is around 150 Gbps. The satellite will launch in mid-2024, or 6 months later. The launch of Nusantara-5 was not explained.

https://teknologi.bisnis.com/read/20231202/101/1720272/satelit-nusantara-5-mengorbit-pertengahan-2024-meleset-dari-target [Dec 2]
« Last Edit: 12/05/2023 12:38 am by zubenelgenubi »

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography