Author Topic: SpaceX Manifest Updates and Discussion Thread 3  (Read 64628 times)

Offline Chris Bergin

Thread 3 to discuss SpaceX manifest scheduling.

Thread needs to stay on topic.

Current running order is:

JCSAT-14 - NET Late April.

Eutelsat 117W B/ABS 2A - NET May.

Formosat-5 (SHERPA Mission) - NET May/June.

Thaicom- 8   NET June.

CRS-9 - NET Late June.
« Last Edit: 04/14/2016 01:12 am by Chris Bergin »
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline NX-0

• USA
  • Liked: 172
  • Likes Given: 324
Re: SpaceX Manifest Updates and Discussion Thread 3
« Reply #1 on: 04/14/2016 01:54 pm »
I think we've see a pic of several Stage 1 cores stacked up in Hawthorne.
What the rate of moving them to McGregor and then onto the Cape (or Vandy)?
Do we know where any of these cores are for upcoming launches?

Offline Kabloona

• Velocitas Eradico
  • Fortress of Solitude
  • Liked: 3429
  • Likes Given: 741
« Reply #2 on: 04/14/2016 04:03 pm »
I think we've see a pic of several Stage 1 cores stacked up in Hawthorne.
What the rate of moving them to McGregor and then onto the Cape (or Vandy)?
Do we know where any of these cores are for upcoming launches?

The F9 for CRS-8 was spotted en route to the Cape in late March here:

https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg1508025#msg1508025

The JCSAT F9 has been static fired and will reportedly be shipping soon. So it seems they're on a pace to ship stages to the Cape every 3-4 weeks.
« Last Edit: 04/14/2016 11:35 pm by Kabloona »

Offline Comga

• Liked: 4572
  • Likes Given: 5136
« Reply #3 on: 04/14/2016 08:41 pm »
Just was on the phone with a Principal Investigator for an instrument going to the ISS who confirmed that CRS/SpX-9 will launch in August (which is "NET" June) and CRS/SpX-10 will launch in December.

(Note: PLEASE follow Chris B's instructions and keep this just about the manifest, which mission will launch when, and not about the other interesting issues like reusability, unless it effects a particular launch.)
What kind of wastrels would dump a perfectly good booster in the ocean after just one use?

Offline starhawk92

• Burlington, NC, USA, North America, Earth (for now)
  • Liked: 240
  • Likes Given: 227
« Reply #4 on: 04/15/2016 09:09 pm »

NET DATE   LAUNCH VEHICLE   1S-Reflight?   1S Landing   ORBIT         PAYLOAD                                     MASS (t)        SITE    PAD         
  04/28/16   Falcon9                         ASDS         GTO           JCSat-14                                         n/a        CC      LC40         
  05/xx/16   Falcon9                         ASDS         GTO           Eutelsat 117 West B (Satmex 9) / ABS 2A           ~4        CC      LC40         
  06/24/16   F9+Dragon        ?              RTLS?        LEO (ISS)     CRS SpX-9, IDA-2                             9.2-9.5        CC      LC40         
  06/xx/16   Falcon9          ?                           SSO (720km)   Formosat-5 / Sherpa SSO*                         525        VAFB    LC4E         
  06/xx/16   Falcon9          ?              ASDS         GTO           Thaicom 8                                       3100        CC      LC40         
  07/xx/16   Falcon9                         ASDS         LEO (Polar)   Iridium Next – flt. 1                           8000        VAFB    LC4E         
  07/xx/16   Falcon9                         ASDS         GTO           AMOS-6                                          5500        CC      LC40         
  08/01/16   F9+Dragon                                    LEO (ISS)     CRS SpX-10 (STP-H5, SAGE IP, SAGE NVP)       9.2-9.5        CC      LC40         
  09/xx/16   Falcon9                         ASDS         GTO           SES-10                                          5300        CC      LC40         
  09/xx/16   Falcon9                         ASDS         GTO           JCSat-16                                         n/a        CC      LC40         
  10/xx/16   Falcon9                         ASDS         GTO           SES-11 (Echostar 105)                           5400        CC      LC40         
  10/xx/17   Falcon9                                      LEO (Polar)   Iridium Next – flt. 2                           8000        VAFB    LC4E         
  4Q         Falcon9                         ASDS         GTO           Es’hail 2                                       3000        CC      LC40         
  4Q         Falcon Heavy                                               Falcon Heavy Demo Flight                         n/a        KSC     LC39A         
  4Q         Falcon9                                      SSO           SAOCOM 1A                                       1600        VAFB    LC4E         
  4Q         Falcon9                                      LEO (Polar)   Iridium Next – flt. 3                           8000        VAFB    LC4E         
  TBD        F9+Dragon                                                  DragonLab M1                                     n/a        CC      LC40         
  TBD        Falcon9                                                    Bulgaria Sat 1                                   n/a        CC      LC40         

* Sherpa SSO: eXCITe (PTB 1), Spire CubeSat (x20-25), Arkyd-6A, CNUSail 1, KAUSAT 5, SIGMA, CANYVAL-X 1, CANYVAL-X 2, STEP Cube Lab, EcAMSat, ISARA, OCSD B, OCSD C, Fox 1C, Fox 1D, Nayif 1, skCUBE, CubeSats (x46-51)

Columns:
LV - Launch Vehicle
R1S - Reuse of 1st Stage
1SLS - 1st Stage Landing Site

Offline chalz

• Austrangia
  • Liked: 104
  • Likes Given: 1668
« Reply #5 on: 04/17/2016 12:43 am »
Just was on the phone with a Principal Investigator for an instrument going to the ISS who confirmed that CRS/SpX-9 will launch in August (which is "NET" June) and CRS/SpX-10 will launch in December.

(Note: PLEASE follow Chris B's instructions and keep this just about the manifest, which mission will launch when, and not about the other interesting issues like reusability, unless it effects a particular launch.)
What are the chances their experiment has got bumped to SpX-11 and they don't know it yet?

Offline rockets4life97

• Liked: 538
  • Likes Given: 365
« Reply #6 on: 04/17/2016 01:47 am »
I'm pretty sure I've seen similar set of dates from other sources for the next CRS missions. So I think Comga's are accurate current NET dates.
« Last Edit: 04/17/2016 01:49 am by rockets4life97 »

Offline Greg Hullender

• Seattle
    • Rocket Stack Rank
  • Liked: 443
  • Likes Given: 338
« Reply #7 on: 04/17/2016 04:03 pm »
Those masses are interesting. I'll bet some of them are kilograms and some are metric tons. Otherwise, either there are some really tiny payloads or else some real whoppers!

Offline Nomadd

• Lower 48
  • Liked: 60431
  • Likes Given: 1305
« Reply #8 on: 04/17/2016 04:20 pm »
Those masses are interesting. I'll bet some of them are kilograms and some are metric tons. Otherwise, either there are some really tiny payloads or else some real whoppers!
You mean the Iridium payload wasn't 8,000 tons? And why do they need a launcher if Eutelsat 117 is -4 tons? they could just cut the rope and let it rise on it's own.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.

Offline rabe0070

• California
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #9 on: 04/17/2016 07:13 pm »
I think that's ~4. I think we can all assume the correct units, but as a science teacher the lack of consistent units is killing me.

Edit: But I very much appreciate the effort of compiling the data.
« Last Edit: 04/18/2016 01:37 am by rabe0070 »

Offline dsobin

• New Jersey, USA
  • Liked: 15
  • Likes Given: 793
« Reply #10 on: 04/17/2016 07:44 pm »
I think that's ~4. I think we can all assume the correct units, but as a science teacher the lack of consistent units is killing me.

Great first post and welcome to the forum! Also, I agree with the above. How about adding some decimal points?

Offline gospacex

• Liked: 543
  • Likes Given: 604
« Reply #11 on: 04/18/2016 09:31 am »
"F9+Dragon" is not a LV. Dragon is a payload, so it should be in PAYLOAD column.

Offline starhawk92

« Reply #12 on: 04/18/2016 03:53 pm »
I am the messenger and am prepared for regular shootings.

I'll get Dragon to the payload column.

Would anyone with more understanding of the mass column help me standardize?  This is data carried over from a table I made a while back.

Also, would like to try to track reflights in some way (like a particular 1S has flown twice, or what missions it flew on, etc).  Ideas on depiction in tabular format beyond "Y - 2nd" are very welcome.

Offline GabrielP

• Romania
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #13 on: 04/18/2016 04:23 pm »
There was a table somewhere in the forum (more like a list really) showing the stage number that went on each mission, alas I don't remember where it was.

If you expect to be able to keep track of which stage is being used/re-used on each mission, you could just amend the content of the Launch Vehicle column to show which stage it is (e.g. Falcon9-001, Falcon9-002, etc.)

For reflights you could have a small column next to Launch Vehicle that displays the count of occurrences of said vehicle in the table, essentially showing how many times the stage was used.

This should be fairly doable for a "past missions" table, but I don't see how you'd have the info of which stage will be assigned to which mission to show this in a manifest table of future launches.

Offline Lar

• Fan boy at large
  • Global Moderator
  • Saw Gemini live on TV
  • A large LEGO storage facility ... in Michigan
  • Liked: 11864
  • Likes Given: 11086
« Reply #14 on: 04/18/2016 04:41 pm »
There was a table somewhere in the forum (more like a list really) showing the stage number that went on each mission, alas I don't remember where it was.

I think there was a whole thread on it. But I can't find it either.

This one? http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=40044.0

Yep! That's the one. You rock.
« Last Edit: 04/18/2016 07:45 pm by Lar »
"I think it would be great to be born on Earth and to die on Mars. Just hopefully not at the point of impact." -Elon Musk
"We're a little bit like the dog who caught the bus" - Musk after CRS-8 S1 successfully landed on ASDS OCISLY

Online Galactic Penguin SST

« Reply #15 on: 04/18/2016 04:42 pm »

I think there was a whole thread on it. But I can't find it either.

This one? http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=40044.0
Astronomy & spaceflight geek penguin. In a relationship w/ Space Shuttle Discovery. Current Priority: Chasing the Chinese Spaceflight Wonder Egg & A Certain Chinese Mars Rover

Offline starhawk92

« Reply #16 on: 04/18/2016 04:55 pm »
SpaceX updated their missions page, so I added them all for TBD.  Working on standardizing mass with kilograms.  I had no idea they already had manifested flights on FH!

NET DATE   LAUNCH VEHICLE   1S Reflight    1S Landing   ORBIT         PAYLOAD (& CO-PAYLOAD)                     MASS (kg)        SITE    PAD         
  04/28/16   Falcon 9                        ASDS         GTO           JCSAT-14 (Replacing JCSAT-2A)                unknown        CC      LC40         
  05/03/16   Falcon 9                        ASDS         GTO           Eutelsat 117 West B & Asia Broadcast            5500        CC      LC40         
  06/24/16   Falcon 9n        ?              RTLS?        LEO (ISS)     Dragon (CRS 9)                                  6000        CC      LC40         
  06/xx/16   Falcon 9         ?                           SSO (720km)   Formosat-5 & Sherpa SSO*                         525        VAFB    LC4E         
  06/xx/16   Falcon 9         ?              ASDS         GTO           Thaicom 8                                       3100        CC      LC40         
  07/xx/16   Falcon 9                                     LEO (Polar)   Iridium NEXT (Flight 1)                                     VAFB    LC4E         
  07/xx/16   Falcon 9                        ASDS         GTO           AMOS-6                                                      CC      LC40         
  08/01/16   Falcon 9n                                    LEO (ISS)     Dragon (CRS 10) (STP-H5, SAGE IP, SAGE NVP)     6000        CC      LC40         
  09/xx/16   Falcon 9                        ASDS         GTO           SES-10                                                      CC      LC40         
  09/xx/16   Falcon 9                        ASDS         GTO           JCSat-16                                                    CC      LC40         
  10/xx/16   Falcon 9                        ASDS         GTO           SES-11 (Echostar 105)                                       CC      LC40         
  10/xx/17   Falcon 9                                     LEO (Polar)   Iridium NEXT (Flight 2)                                     VAFB    LC4E         
  4Q         Falcon 9                        ASDS         GTO           Es’hail 2                                                   CC      LC40         
  4Q         Falcon Heavy                                               Falcon Heavy Demo Flight                                    KSC     LC39A         
  4Q         Falcon 9                                     SSO           SAOCOM 1A                                                   VAFB    LC4E         
  4Q         Falcon 9                                     LEO (Polar)   Iridium (Flight 3)                                          VAFB    LC4E         
  TBD        Falcon Heavy                                               Arabsat (Arabsat 6A)                                        CC      LC40
  TBD        Falcon 9                                                   Bigelow Aerospace                                           CC      LC40
  TBD        Falcon 9                                                   Bulgaria Sat                                                CC      LC40
  TBD        Falcon 9                                                   (1)CONAE (Argentina)                                        VAFB    LC4E
  TBD        Falcon 9                                                   (2)CONAE (Argentina)                                        VAFB    LC4E
  TBD        Falcon 9                                                   Dragon (DragonLab Mission 1)                                CC      LC40
  TBD        Falcon 9                                                   Dragon (DragonLab Mission 2)                                CC      LC40
  TBD        Falcon 9                                                   HISPASAT                                                    CC      LC40
  TBD        Falcon Heavy                                               INMARSAT                                                    CC      LC39A
  TBD        Falcon 9                                                   INMARSAT                                                    CC      LC40
  TBD        Falcon Heavy                                               INTELSAT                                                    CC      LC39A
  TBD        Falcon 9                                     LEO (Polar)   Iridium NEXT (Flight 4)                                     VAFB    LC4E
  TBD        Falcon 9                                     LEO (Polar)   Iridium NEXT (Flight 5)                                     VAFB    LC4E
  TBD        Falcon 9                                     LEO (Polar)   Iridium NEXT (Flight 6)                                     VAFB    LC4E
  TBD        Falcon 9                                     LEO (Polar)   Iridium NEXT (Flight 7)                                     VAFB    LC4E
  TBD        Falcon 9                                                   KOREASAT                                                    CC      LC40
  TBD        Falcon 9                                                   NASA (TESS)                                                 CC      LC40
  TBD        Falcon 9                                                   CREW Dragon (NASA DEMO 1)                           CC
  TBD        Falcon 9                                                   CREW Dragon (NASA DEMO 2)                                   CC
  TBD        Falcon 9                                     LEO (ISS)     Dragon (CRS 10)                                 6000        CC      LC40
  TBD        Falcon 9                                     LEO (ISS)     Dragon (CRS 11)                                 6000        CC      LC40
  TBD        Falcon 9                                     LEO (ISS)     Dragon (CRS 12)                                 6000        CC      LC40
  TBD        Falcon 9                                     LEO (ISS)     Dragon (CRS 13)                                 6000        CC      LC40
  TBD        Falcon 9                                     LEO (ISS)     Dragon (CRS 14)                                 6000        CC      LC40
  TBD        Falcon 9                                     LEO (ISS)     Dragon (CRS 15)                                 6000        CC      LC40
  TBD        Falcon 9                                                   NSPO (TAIWAN)                                               VAFB    LC4E
  TBD        Falcon 9                                                   OHB SYSTEM AG                                               VAFB    LC4E
  TBD        Falcon 9                                                   RADARSAT                                                    VAFB    LC4E
  TBD        Falcon 9                                                   SES (SES-14)                                                CC      LC40
  TBD        Falcon 9                                                   SES (SES-16)                                                CC      LC40
  TBD        Falcon 9                                                   SPACECOM (ISRAEL)                                           CC      LC40
  TBD        Falcon Heavy                                               US Air Force (STP-2)                                        CC      LC39A
  TBD        Falcon Heavy                                               VIASAT                                                      CC      LC39A

* Sherpa SSO: eXCITe (PTB 1), Spire CubeSat (x20-25), Arkyd-6A, CNUSail 1, KAUSAT 5, SIGMA, CANYVAL-X 1, CANYVAL-X 2, STEP Cube Lab, EcAMSat, ISARA, OCSD B, OCSD C, Fox 1C, Fox 1D, Nayif 1, skCUBE, CubeSats (x46-51)

Offline Earendil

« Reply #17 on: 04/18/2016 05:01 pm »
Three launches in June and only one in May?

Is this due to payload readiness?

Offline tleski

• Washington, DC
  • Liked: 367
  • Likes Given: 758
« Reply #18 on: 04/18/2016 07:24 pm »
Three launches in June and only one in May?

Is this due to payload readiness?

I don't think any launch date apart from JCSat 14 is official yet, so it may change considerably.

Offline smoliarm

• Moscow, Russia
  • Liked: 717
  • Likes Given: 611
« Reply #19 on: 04/18/2016 10:22 pm »
I am the messenger and am prepared for regular shootings.

I'll get Dragon to the payload column.

Would anyone with more understanding of the mass column help me standardize?  This is data carried over from a table I made a while back.

Also, would like to try to track reflights in some way (like a particular 1S has flown twice, or what missions it flew on, etc).  Ideas on depiction in tabular format beyond "Y - 2nd" are very welcome.

Payload.....Mass, kg
JCSat-14.....n/a
Eutelsat 117 West B (Satmex 9), ABS 2A.....~4000
Formosat-5 / Sherpa SSO.....525
Thaicom 8.....3100
Iridium Next – 1.....8000
AMOS-6.....5500
CRS SpX-9.....~10000
SES-10.....5300
SES-11/Echostar 105.....5400
Iridium Next – 2.....8000
Falcon Heavy Demo Flight.....n/a