Author Topic: Indian launch schedule  (Read 1151672 times)

Offline ISILaunch

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Indian launch schedule
« Reply #300 on: 01/12/2009 09:30 am »
Dear all,

After having followed this forum and thread for quite a while already, it seems to be the right time to add some information now ourself. Especially with the discussion on the nationality of the four soon-to-be-launched CubeSats ongoing.

We will officially announce the following information soon as well, but for your information I can already confirm that there will indeed be 4 single unit CubeSats accompanying Oceansat-2 on trip to orbit. These are as stated above:

1. UWE-2 from University of Wuerzburg, Germany
2. BEESAT from Technical University Berlin, Germany
3. ITUpSAT-1 from Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
4. SwissCube from Ecole Polytechnique Fédéral de Lausanne, Switzerland

The last CubeSat, SwissCube, will be a predecessor of the one that is currently scheduled for the VEGA Maiden Flight late this year/early next year.

With our Delft, the Netherlands, based company, ISIS - Innovative Solutions In Space BV, we are the launch service interface for these small satellites, in cooperation with Antrix/ISRO. We have multiple launch opportunities scheduled for 2009 and 2010 (and beyond), which may be found on our ISILaunch Services website www.isilaunch.com. We will initiate and update a dedicated page to the upcoming ISILaunch01 campaign as well.

More information on ISIS, specialized in nanosatellite systems, services and missions, can be found at www.isispace.nl.

Feel free to contact us for any additional questions.

Kind regards,

Abe Bonnema
ISIS - Innovative Solutions In Space BV

Offline isro-watch

• Liked: 23
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #301 on: 01/14/2009 04:37 am »
Welcome ISIlaunch....just yesterday I had gone through your website :)

I hope u will be providing quite good information about the upcoming launch...just like UTIAS provided for the launch for their cubesats...

My information suggests that a temporary launch date of MARCH 25th has been set for the launch of PSLV c12(?) oceansat-2+....can u confirm that...? when r the cubesats arriving here at sriharikota...? any info from the launch provider ANTRIX...?
« Last Edit: 01/14/2009 04:47 am by isro-watch »

Offline isro-watch

« Reply #302 on: 01/14/2009 04:44 am »
http://www.isispace.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=83&Itemid=90

this page suggests that u r on board quite a few PSLVs.... I wish u provide us with lot of information...

the info also states that the MARCH/APRIL launch has ~ 550-600km, 41° inclination....but oceansat-2 is for a polar orbit (~90 deg inclination)...??????

ISIlaunch... do u have slots on PSLVs scheduled on MARCh or APRIL....??????

Offline ISILaunch

• Liked: 0
« Reply #303 on: 01/14/2009 09:43 am »
Dear isro-watch,

We have indeed agreed launch opportunities for a number of PSLV launches. The dates on our opportunity website are the tentative launch dates as they have been indicated by the LSP.

The March/April, 550km, 41 degree inclination launch opportunity indeed is not the flight of OceanSat-2, you are correct. This is the launch of another indigenous Indian satellite, which currently seems to be scheduled in parallel with that of Oceansat-2 (scheduled for a ~720 km SSO launch indeed).

We have no further confirmation on an exact date for either of these two launches at this moment.

As you assume, we will indeed keep our flight status page up to date with any official changes in schedule. I will make sure to mention any updates here as well.
« Last Edit: 01/14/2009 09:44 am by ISILaunch »

Offline isro-watch

« Reply #304 on: 01/15/2009 01:21 pm »
thanks a lot ISIlaunch...

as per my knowledge...two PSLVs are scheduled to be launched .... one in MARCH and the other in APRIL...

an inclination of 41 degrees does not correspond to either Megha tropiques (20 degrees) nor Astrosat(9 degrees)...or any other known mission !!!! So, i was little sceptical...
« Last Edit: 01/15/2009 01:25 pm by isro-watch »

Offline isro-watch

« Reply #305 on: 01/15/2009 01:32 pm »
a 41 degree inclination was last demonstrated by PSLV C10.....Techsar(Israel) mission...

if anyone has some information plz add....johnxx(?)....any info about such a sat...?... is it risat-1???
« Last Edit: 01/15/2009 01:43 pm by isro-watch »

Offline johnxx9

• Liked: 17
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #306 on: 01/17/2009 08:40 pm »
a 41 degree inclination was last demonstrated by PSLV C10.....Techsar(Israel) mission...

if anyone has some information plz add....johnxx(?)....any info about such a sat...?... is it risat-1???

Most probably, both the RISAT and Oceansat are going to be launched at one go because both are in the IRS series and all IRS series satellites are placed in a Sun synchronous orbit of about 97-98 degrees inclination. And as you said, Astrosat is going on near-equatorial orbit. I don't know, I'll try !!! 

Offline William Graham

• Liked: 233
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #307 on: 01/28/2009 10:17 am »
According to http://www.hindu.com/2009/01/28/stories/2009012859751300.htm

OceanSat will be launched in March or April.
Chandraayan-2 will be launched on a GSLV.

Offline isro-watch

« Reply #308 on: 01/30/2009 04:43 am »
yes...as of now the date is MARCH 25...But it may spill over to APRIL...as the sats have not arrived yet...finalization of date after the sats arrive...

launch to take place from SLP[second launch pad] (preliminary information)...

Offline Satori

• Global Moderator
  • Campo do Gerês - Portugal
  • Liked: 1557
  • Likes Given: 890
« Reply #309 on: 02/17/2009 02:59 pm »
According to this article, After moon mission, ISRO to launch a breakthrough satellite, the RISAT-1 and ANUSAT satellites will be launched at the end of March.
« Last Edit: 02/18/2009 09:39 am by Satori »

Offline osiossim

• Liked: 12
« Reply #310 on: 02/18/2009 06:56 am »
Cubesats listed below will be launched at April, 25th.

1. UWE-2 from University of Wuerzburg, Germany
2. BEESAT from Technical University Berlin, Germany
3. ITUpSAT-1 from Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
4. SwissCube from Ecole Polytechnique Fédéral de Lausanne, Switzerland

Which mission will this be? and should we revise the Indian launch log accordingly?
« Last Edit: 02/18/2009 06:58 am by osiossim »

Offline Satori

• Global Moderator
« Reply #311 on: 02/18/2009 09:37 am »

Which mission will this be? and should we revise the Indian launch log accordingly?

I supose that the RISAT-1 and ANUSAT will be launched toghether without any other major payload (?), so the April 25 mission will be with Oceansat-2?

Offline johnxx9

« Reply #312 on: 02/19/2009 05:47 pm »
ANUSAT and RISAT to fly together in March/April on PSLV

http://www.rediff.com/money/2009/feb/18students-satellite-to-take-flight-soon-anna-university.htm

So, when will the cubesats fly ?? Because both these will have 97 degree inclination.

Offline isro-watch

« Reply #313 on: 02/22/2009 03:33 am »
I would like to add that until there is a confirmation of date by ISRO...allthis is a kind of speculation.

as of now there are two launch vehicles here...one on the first launch pad and the other on the second...

activity is ON...in both the pads...and both are PSLVs....

There is a launch in march last week-april first week time frame...

oceansat-2 looks the most likely contender for a early launch...but I was informed by some one...that the foreign sats have not yet arrived...there seems to be some other sats apart from the 4 sats from ISIS...(IN MOST REPORTS THESE SATS HAVE BEEN REFERRED TO AS NONO-SATS FROM NETHERLANDS...ACTUALLY ISIS is from NETHERLANDS...FURTHER THE REPOERTS SAY 3...THAT ONE MORE SAT BEING ADDED BY ISIS RECENTLY...)

Offline Satori

• Global Moderator
« Reply #314 on: 02/24/2009 11:20 am »
GSAT-4 launch will take place on June-July according to this!

Offline isro-watch

« Reply #315 on: 02/26/2009 12:40 pm »
CHANDRAYAAN-2 TO BE FOLLOWED BY CHANDRAYAAN-3

A UNMANNED MISSION BEFORE A MANNED MISSION BY 2015...going the chinese way i guess.

New Delhi: The Planning Commission has shown the green light to the Rs 12,400-crore manned space mission of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) scheduled for launch by 2015.

“We had a good meeting. The general inference is that ISRO has done an expert job and it needs to be supported. The Planning Commission will support it,” said Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia who had a two-hour meeting last Friday with top ISRO scientists and officials of the Department of Space.

Ahluwalia said the Human Space Flight project would be executed in two phases. In the first phase, an unmanned flight would be launched in 2013-14 and the second stage in 2014-15 would be a two-man mission.

K Radhakrishnan, Space Commission member and Director of the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, said ISRO wanted to secure formal approval of the plan panel for the project to take off. The Rs 12,400-crore expenditure would include setting up long-term facilities and inputs needed for the space vehicle and its entire get-up.

“We intend to put two persons in the vehicle and launch them into space for seven days in an orbit of 275 km,” Radhakrishnan said. Though he did not elaborate, it is learnt that the manned mission would use the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV).

Although ISRO would be the lead agency in executing the project, Radhakrishnan said other agencies were also expected to lend support.

India plans a manned mission to moon by 2020.

Professor Yash Pal, who served as the first Director of the Space Applications Centre in Ahmedabad from 1973 to 1981, said Indians are already in space and have the capability to deliver on a manned space flight. “We are already in space. We are better placed than what the Americans did earlier.” Yash Pal also attended the meeting last Friday.

Late last year, ISRO chairman G Madhavan Nair had announced that India expected to accomplish a manned space mission in 7-8 years and would undertake its manned moon mission by 2020.

And in January this year, M Annadurai, project director of Chandrayaan-I, said the successful launch of Chandrayaan-I last October had given space scientists the confidence to undertake a manned mission to the moon.

He said the Chandrayaan-II mission was expected to be undertaken within a couple of years and would be followed by Chandrayaan-III. The Chandrayaan-I mission, he said, was sending considerable amount of data and scientists were busy analysing it.

According to Annadurai, several countries have approached India to set up a common lunar research centre for conducting studies.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/plan- ... t/426945/2[/url]

THE URL IS NOT PROPER SO I COPIED THE PAGE....
« Last Edit: 02/26/2009 12:44 pm by isro-watch »

Offline isro-watch

« Reply #316 on: 02/26/2009 12:56 pm »
 googled url... about the same article...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article5789385.ece

(why does western media always talk of poverty...)

Offline Satori

• Global Moderator
Indian launch schedule
« Reply #317 on: 03/01/2009 01:15 pm »
Additions and corrections are very, very welcome!!

India's launch schedule...

End of March/April - PSLV-C - RISAT-1; ANUSAT
Late April - PSLV-C - Oceansat-2; BeeSat; UWE-2; ITU-pSat1; SwissCube-1
June/July - GSLV Mk-2 (D-3), SLP - G-Sat 4 (Healthsat)+Tauvex-2
?? - GSLV(?) - ?? + YouthSat + other sats
?? - PSLV - AstroSat-1
?? - Megha-Tropiques (Cloud-Tropics)
?? - GSLV Mk-1(2) - Insat 3D
End of year - ?? - Jugnoo

ISIS page refers to the following schedule for PSLV launches

March/April
June
August/September
4th quarter

?? - PSLV - Resourcesat-2
?? - GSLV MkII - Insat-4E
?? - GSLV - G-Sat 9
?? - GSLV MkII - Insat-4F
?? - GSLV MkIII - ??
?? - ?? - IRNSS

ISIS page refers to the following schedule for PSLV launches

1st quarter
March/April
Mid year
4th quarter

?? - Chandrayaan-2 - GSLV

?? - PSLV - Resourcesat-3
?? - ?? - I-STAG
?? - ?? - SENSE-P
?? - ?? - SENSE-E
?? - ?? - Aditya

?? - ?? - Unmanned Test Mission (or 2014)

?? - ?? - Manned Mission (or 2015)

Other satellites to be launched by India:

- ACS;
- SSASS (Small Satellite for Atmospheric and Space Sciences);
- Alsat-2A - to be launched piggyback on PSLV
- IMSAT - to be launched piggyback on PSLV
- CubeSats - to be launched piggyback on PSLV
- SRE-2
- X-Sat
- Chandrayaan-3

Changes on March 4th
« Last Edit: 03/04/2009 12:41 pm by Satori »

Offline johnxx9

« Reply #318 on: 03/01/2009 02:25 pm »
I am pretty sure that there is only a single GSLV launch this year and it will be carrying Gsat-3(HealthSAT) and Israeli TAUVEX-2. And the vehicle is GSLV- Mk 2

And again, we have a problem with the planned inclination Oceansat. It's basically a remote sensing satellite to be placed in sun-synchronous orbit of around 97 degree inclination whereas the cubesats BeeSat; UWE-2; ITU-pSat1; SwissCube-1 etc are to be placed in an orbit with 41 degree inclination. I don't see them going together.

And there is also a test launch of the GSLV-Mk 3 in 2010 and the first of the IRNSS constellation will also take place in 2009-2010.

Offline isro-watch

« Reply #319 on: 03/02/2009 02:55 am »
is it GSAT-3 or GSAT-4.......? GSAT-4 +TAUVEX rite...?

Tags: ISRO PSLV 

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement SkyTale Software GmbH
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography