Author Topic: Pete Wilson (RAND): cancel SLS now  (Read 44118 times)

Offline Gary NASA

• KSC
  • Liked: 4867
  • Likes Given: 67
Re: Pete Wilson (RAND): cancel SLS now
« Reply #120 on: 04/12/2013 03:28 am »
I guess we'll know how far the 2017 date is going to move to the right, by next year, when they finally get to CDR.

2017 is solid with a large amount of margin. You said "going to slip" as a statement of fact, when it's not, at all.
« Last Edit: 04/12/2013 11:55 am by Chris Bergin »

Offline cro-magnon gramps

• Very Ancient Martian National
  • Ontario, Canada
  • Liked: 843
  • Likes Given: 10995
« Reply #121 on: 04/12/2013 03:34 am »
I guess we'll know how far the 2017 date is going to move to the right, by next year, when they finally get to CDR.

Your right of course... As they say down south, their words are not strong- ei totally truthful... Fair amount of fudge factor going on... Giving the best possible face on the outcome... So they got x dollars less this year, and say it was not needed to stay on schedule and would have been would have waste... Where is the truth?? We can only watch and hope for the best..
Gramps "Earthling by Birth, Martian by the grace of The Elon." ~ "Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but it has not solved one yet." Maya Angelou ~ Tony Benn: "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself."

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #122 on: 04/12/2013 12:01 pm »

Your right of course...

No, you're both wrong ;)

They don't slip launch dates at CDRs. PMRs slip schedules - just like they did with CxP - but there's no sign of a slip.

Cleaned the thread up a bit as this isn't about F-16s etc. Probably a good point to lock it as I'm not sure how we've managed to have a large thread based on someone's opinion when they have no relevance to the subject.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography