Author Topic: SpaceX McGregor Testing Updates and Discussion Thread 3  (Read 300610 times)

Offline intrepidpursuit

• Orlando, FL
  • Liked: 561
  • Likes Given: 400
Re: SpaceX McGregor Testing Updates and Discussion Thread 3
« Reply #440 on: 12/18/2015 05:34 am »
There is a photo on the spacex facebook group of a new S1 on the stand at McGregor. They are saying this must be CRS8 based on SES saying their satellite is already at the cape, but that means nothing. I haven't seen the SES stage come through here yet so that is likely the answer no?

Offline TomTX

• Austin
  • Liked: 25
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #441 on: 12/20/2015 03:35 pm »
Since I'm less than 2 hours away and have a toddler obsessed with rockets (okay, he gets it honestly) - what's the best way to determine when visiting McGregor is likely to coincide with a test? I know that SpaceX sends out alerts for "louder than normal" testing, but I've only seen the announcements in secondary sources (ie news media) - is there a way to get on the direct distribution list?

Yes, I'll do my best to get pics, presumably from the south.

Offline guckyfan

• Germany
  • Liked: 2332
  • Likes Given: 2891
« Reply #442 on: 12/20/2015 04:24 pm »
I don't think you can get direct notification. But Joe Science from the Waco Tribune Herald gets them and puts them out on his twitter account. Probably the easiest way to follow him. Good luck and lots of fun.

https://twitter.com/joescience

Offline Chris Bergin

Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography