Author Topic: "Homemade Documentaries" youtube channel: Superb historic mission videos  (Read 569 times)

Offline Crispy

• London
  • Liked: 701
  • Likes Given: 50
As far as I can tell, this channel has only received passing mentions on this forum. Which is a great shame, because it deserves more coverage. These long-format documentaries are very well made. They cover many technical aspects of each mission and feature plenty of footage not normally seen in youtube videos. I just finished watching all the Apollo episodes (covering 8 to 16 so far) and it's by far the best series on those missions I've seen. Charlie Duke has comments on the last episode testifying to its quality:
Charles Duke
1 year ago
This documentary was outstanding. As the lunar module pilot who flew on this mission, it brought back so many fantastic memories. After almost 50 years since we were on the moon, this documentary took me there again. 👍👍👏👏🇺🇸🇺🇸
Charles Duke
Charles Duke
1 year ago
It is the real Charlie Duke who has made several comments about this superb documentary. Itís fantastic! One of the best I have seen. Enjoy the excitement of Apollo 16👍👍
They also have Mercury, half of Gemini, Viking, Mariner 10, Voyager and a couple of STS missions. Hours and hours of time well spent :)

Link to channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/JacksonTyler/featured
« Last Edit: 07/15/2022 11:19 am by Crispy »

Online Hobbes-22

• Acme Engineering
    • Acme Engineering
  • Liked: 467
  • Likes Given: 399
I agree. I just watched the Voyager documentary, it was excellent.

Offline Steve G

• Regular
  • Ottawa, ON
    • Stephen H Garrity
  • Liked: 486
  • Likes Given: 34
I watched the first part of the Gemini documentary and I'm constantly checking for Part II to come out. It was awesome.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement SkyTale Software GmbH
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography