Author Topic: Saturn V-4X(U) - Hazegrayart Video  (Read 1313 times)

Online catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 3442
  • Likes Given: 2734
Saturn V-4X(U) - Hazegrayart Video
« on: 06/18/2022 08:02 am »
Saturn V-4X(U) 1 Million Pound Payload: The Beast

Tony De La Rosa

Offline Blackstar

• Veteran
  • Liked: 5918
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Saturn V-4X(U) - Hazegrayart Video
« Reply #1 on: 06/18/2022 01:48 pm »
I think it probably makes more sense to put all of these videos into a single thread, rather than create a new one each time he posts a new video. Right now they're spread all over the place.

Offline libra

• Liked: 1155
  • Likes Given: 2287
« Reply #2 on: 06/18/2022 02:22 pm »
...and that Hazegrayart guy, whoever he is, is of the hyperactive, hyper-productive kind. He churns those little CGI gems at a rate of one every three weeks, average.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Hazegrayart/videos

I love his Youtube channel. I'm like a kid on Christmas day. So many RLV concepts, flawed or not, flying in CGI.

Offline laszlo

• Liked: 731
  • Likes Given: 262
« Reply #3 on: 06/18/2022 11:35 pm »
So I am a bit puzzled by the first stage cluster. If I'm interpreting his images correctly, the center engine in each booster has been removed so that instead of 20 F1s there are only 16. Considering that for the real Saturn V the center engine is what was providing the liftoff thrust (the other 4 were just balancing out the weight of the rocket) it seems like there'd be a lot of gravity losses. I don't see it clearing the tower as quickly as the video depicts, either.

Thoughts, anyone?

Other than that, this might be my favorite lego rocket.

Offline russianhalo117

• Liked: 3772
  • Likes Given: 746
« Reply #4 on: 06/18/2022 11:53 pm »
So I am a bit puzzled by the first stage cluster. If I'm interpreting his images correctly, the center engine in each booster has been removed so that instead of 20 F1s there are only 16. Considering that for the real Saturn V the center engine is what was providing the liftoff thrust (the other 4 were just balancing out the weight of the rocket) it seems like there'd be a lot of gravity losses. I don't see it clearing the tower as quickly as the video depicts, either.

Thoughts, anyone?

Other than that, this might be my favorite lego rocket.
There was a never ordered 4 F1 engine variant that served several LEO proposals particularly via the planned F1A. Its design provided some design guidance for SLS in its early design trade studies.
« Last Edit: 06/18/2022 11:53 pm by russianhalo117 »

Offline jdon759

• Liked: 57
  • Likes Given: 90
« Reply #5 on: 06/20/2022 08:36 am »
You have been fooled by Hazegreyart's attention to detail! 
Look closer:  each of those saturn first stages have 5 F1s.  The shot you are thinking of shows it just before first stage burnout.  The middle engines are shut down early to reduce loads on the vehicle, this is the same as on the Saturn V.

Online catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 3442
  • Likes Given: 2734
« Reply #6 on: 06/20/2022 09:17 am »
I think it probably makes more sense to put all of these videos into a single thread, rather than create a new one each time he posts a new video. Right now they're spread all over the place.

I once thought the same, but as you see above, each of these threads generates a lot of enthusiastic and knowledgeable comments from each video that would get lost or confusing if I just use one thead.   
Tony De La Rosa

Offline laszlo

• Liked: 731
  • Likes Given: 262
« Reply #7 on: 06/20/2022 10:57 am »
You have been fooled by Hazegreyart's attention to detail! 
Look closer:  each of those saturn first stages have 5 F1s.  The shot you are thinking of shows it just before first stage burnout.  The middle engines are shut down early to reduce loads on the vehicle, this is the same as on the Saturn V.

"You're gonna need a bigger screen."

OK, thanks.. That explains it.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement SkyTale Software GmbH
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography