Author Topic: Star Trek: Picard  (Read 37956 times)

Offline Thorny

• Regular
  • San Angelo, Texas
  • Liked: 300
  • Likes Given: 457
Re: Star Trek: Picard
« Reply #60 on: 05/23/2019 06:15 pm »
The second new streaming Star Trek series, Star Trek: Picard saw the release of its teaser trailer today, the 25th anniversary of the airing of All Good Things... the final television episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Sir Patrick Stewart reprises his role as Jean-Luc Picard.

Star Trek: Picard will be available only on the CBS All Access streaming service in the United States. Space in Canada, and on Amazon elsewhere. It is expected to debut in late 2019.

Online Orbiter

• Florida
  • Liked: 1548
  • Likes Given: 1385
« Reply #61 on: 05/23/2019 06:19 pm »
"Why did you leave starfleet?"

Ran out of Earl Grey Tea.
« Last Edit: 05/23/2019 06:19 pm by Orbiter »
KSC Engineer, astronomer, rocket photographer.

Offline Star One

• UK
  • Liked: 3968
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #62 on: 05/23/2019 07:36 pm »
This is the U.K. trailer which will hopefully play globally.

Also first key art for the series: 

[MEDIA=twitter]1131606457504468992[/MEDIA]
« Last Edit: 05/23/2019 08:47 pm by Star One »

Offline Swedish chef

• Sweden
  • Liked: 223
  • Likes Given: 309
« Reply #63 on: 05/23/2019 08:18 pm »
Nice, hopefully the script writers will stay clear of the midichlorians nonsense that plagues Star Trek Discovery

Offline Scylla

• Clinton NC, USA
  • Liked: 1130
  • Likes Given: 150
« Reply #64 on: 07/21/2019 11:39 pm »
As far as I can tell, no thread has been created for this new series. We'll just skip the teaser and go to the new trailer.

I reject your reality and substitute my own--Doctor Who

Offline Zed_Noir

• Canada
  • Liked: 1801
  • Likes Given: 1296
« Reply #65 on: 07/22/2019 12:16 am »
The video linked up-thread by the OP is no longer available.

However the Canadian Space channel have a version on you-tube.

Offline old_geez

• Narangba
  • Liked: 47
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #66 on: 07/22/2019 06:21 am »
Neither version is available downunder

Offline Swedish chef

• Sweden
« Reply #67 on: 07/22/2019 06:06 pm »

Also forbidden in Sweden. I thought this nonsense from media companies ended years ago.

Offline Zed_Noir

• Canada
« Reply #68 on: 07/23/2019 02:58 am »
Hey folks try this breakdown video of the ST- Picard teaser clip from the Nerdist you-tube channel. Hope it is not Geo-fenced.

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #69 on: 10/05/2019 09:26 pm »
New trailer:

Offline Swedish chef

• Sweden
« Reply #70 on: 10/05/2019 11:05 pm »
New trailer:

-Hmpf.. With that over the top soundtrack to this trailer I suddenly got a bad feeling for this spin off. Pretty please I do not want another Star Trek Discovery with magic mushrooms and space travel. Can I have something simple with an elderly captain Picard exploring the universe thank you so very much.

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #71 on: 10/06/2019 06:32 am »
New trailer:

-Hmpf.. With that over the top soundtrack to this trailer I suddenly got a bad feeling for this spin off. Pretty please I do not want another Star Trek Discovery with magic mushrooms and space travel. Can I have something simple with an elderly captain Picard exploring the universe thank you so very much.

I am guessing you didn’t continue watching Discovery as the mushrooms etc were mostly gone in season two.

Offline Swedish chef

• Sweden
« Reply #72 on: 10/07/2019 06:44 pm »
New trailer:

I am guessing you didn’t continue watching Discovery as the mushrooms etc were mostly gone in season two.

That is correct, I tried to watch some episodes of season two, but I was angered then about the pitfalls the writers had stumbled into. The nicest thing I could say about Star trek Discovery is that every generation has one Sherlock Holmes, I did not understand Star Trek Discovery so I am guessing that series was not for me.

With that said, I shall try to be nicer and more constructive in this thread. This is captain Picard we are talking about. I saw seven of nine and the Borgs in this latest trailer so this should be everything I asked about.

Offline QuantumG

• Australia
  • Liked: 4477
  • Likes Given: 1108
« Reply #73 on: 10/07/2019 09:27 pm »

Old guy who you know visits other old folks you know, but he's got a new ship and a young crew.
Human spaceflight is basically just LARPing now.

Offline Eric Hedman

• The birthplace of the solid body electric guitar
  • Liked: 1950
  • Likes Given: 1139
« Reply #74 on: 10/08/2019 06:27 am »

Old guy who you know visits other old folks you know, but he's got a new ship and a young crew.

Old captain treks around the galaxy using a space ride sharing service, seeking new civilizations that attack using their own ride sharing service. 

The young enterprising pilots take the old folks passengers around, to seek strange new worlds, to seek new life and new civilizations, and new passengers who also might want space ride sharing services.  If anyone needs to, they pull over and allow them to boldly go where no man has gone before.
All aboard the USS Uber the Federations latest and most millenial starship. 8) ;D

Offline QuantumG

• Australia
  • Liked: 4477
  • Likes Given: 1108
« Reply #75 on: 10/08/2019 02:47 pm »
All aboard the USS Uber the Federations latest and most millenial starship. 8) ;D

No guaranteed mission duration.
Human spaceflight is basically just LARPing now.

Offline Zed_Noir

• Canada
« Reply #76 on: 10/10/2019 04:46 am »
One of the wacky online speculation of the trailer scenes of the Romulan guards over the no assimalation signs in English and Romulan:

hidden speculative spoilers text below

Is that the Romulan Tal Shiar and Section 31 from the Federation have a joint research project studying a capture Borg cube and it's crew. One of the possible result is the girl Dahj who look up Picard for help. Speculation is that she is a Romulan Human hybrid with modified Borg implants. The girl might have Picard's DNA so could take over Patrick Stewart's Picard role in the series later on. Patrick Stewart will be 80 years old after the conclusion of the first series of Star Trek: Picard. It was established in The Star Trek Nemesis movie that the Romulans have access to Picard's DNA to creat the Shinzon clone.

Online FutureSpaceTourist

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 81287
  • Likes Given: 36800
« Reply #77 on: 01/22/2020 09:42 pm »
https://twitter.com/theview/status/1220072598677151746

See Whoopi Goldberg's emotional reaction when Patrick Stewart officially invites her to return to #StarTrek for season two of #StarTrekPicard: “It was wonderful having you, and we cannot wait to have you with us again one more time.” abcn.ws/2CcjBVI
« Last Edit: 01/22/2020 09:42 pm by FutureSpaceTourist »

Offline Thorny

• Regular
  • San Angelo, Texas
  • Liked: 300
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #78 on: 01/23/2020 10:38 pm »
The premiere episode "Remembrance" debuted today (23 January) in the United States on CBS All Access.

Very slow, introspective early scenes set up where Jean-Luc Picard is in his life, 20 years after the events of 2002's "Star Trek: Nemesis" and an unspecified amount of time since the supernova which destroyed the planet Romulus, events seen in 2009's "Star Trek" reboot movie.

This is the same universe of the Federation we're accustomed to, it is not a parallel universe/alternate reality like the recent J.J. Abrams movies. But 20 years on, the Federation has changed due to a disaster and a failed rescue mission to Romulus (shades of the present Syrian Refugee Crisis, no doubt). We first see Picard leading a quiet life at his family vineyard in France. But the arrival of a stranger sets in motion what will be the primary storyline of Season 1, which will be ten episodes long.

Three of the new regular cast members are introduced in the pilot: newcomer Isa Briones, Allison Pill ("The Newsroom") and Harry Treadaway ("Mr. Mercedes"). The remainder of the regular cast as well as returning Next Generation-era characters will arrive in the next few episodes.

Star Trek: Picard has already been renewed for a second season.

Offline Zed_Noir

• Canada
« Reply #79 on: 01/23/2020 10:44 pm »
The Canadian CTV Sci-Fi channel (formerly Space) is broadcasting the first ST: Picard episode  episode today at 9 PM ET along with streaming on the Crave channel later.

« Last Edit: 01/23/2020 10:46 pm by Zed_Noir »

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography