Author Topic: Star Trek: Picard  (Read 37958 times)

Offline Draggendrop

• Canada
  • Liked: 395
  • Likes Given: 524
Re: Star Trek: Picard
« Reply #160 on: 03/13/2020 07:05 pm »
Just following along and enjoying the adventure...but I have reached a critical junction.
After episode 8, The man child nun who insists on bringing a "knife to a gun fight" needs to be "disrupted".
As Ultron stated to Captain America..."I can't physically throw up in my mouth" would cover the "rescue reaction".
This series needs to start "growing a set".
I will require viewing several old Klingon episodes to cleanse my mind...Then join the Rangers.../s

Offline su27k

• Liked: 9098
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #161 on: 03/31/2020 03:42 am »
Well, the ending is anti-climatic, also the CGI for the fleets is underwhelming, but overall still better than Discovery.

PS: Allow me to throw up about the stupid notion that you transferred your mind to a robot but you still only want to live for just 10~20 years then die. When will SF TV realize immortality should be the norm, dying is some disease that needs to be conquered? SF novel realized this for a few decades now.

Offline Star One

• UK
  • Liked: 3968
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #162 on: 03/31/2020 07:16 am »
I stopped watching this at episode 7 is it worth watching the final 3 episodes?

Offline MATTBLAK

• Elite Veteran & 'J.A.F.A'
  • 'Space Cadets' Let us; UNITE!! (crickets chirping)
  • New Zealand
  • Liked: 2238
  • Likes Given: 3883
« Reply #163 on: 03/31/2020 08:10 am »
Yes. They get more right than wrong. The show wasn't perfect, but it was much better than the first season of 'Discovery' for instance. Incidentally; the transference of human consciousness into an Android body has been a plotline used in Star Trek multiple times. In fact; the second season TNG episode 'The Schizoid Man' deals with this very thing: Data's body being hijacked etc. And there were similar themes done in the 1960s original show. So anyone who claims this is not a legitimate use for a 'Picard' plot... I'm sorry, but you're wrong. There were also a series of novels - mostly non-canon - that happened in the early 2010's covering this as well. In those; Dr Noonian-Soong transferred himself into a fresh, Data-like body. He'd also done it earlier to one of his wives, without them knowing in one of the later TNG episodes.
"Those who can't, Blog".   'Space Cadets' of the World - Let us UNITE!! (crickets chirping)

Offline Star One

• UK
Star Trek: Picard
« Reply #164 on: 07/24/2022 09:18 am »
« Last Edit: 07/24/2022 09:20 am by Star One »

Offline Thorny

• Regular
  • San Angelo, Texas
  • Liked: 300
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #165 on: 07/24/2022 03:39 pm »
Season 3 teaser trailer:

This looks like we might at last be getting the show most fans wanted from the beginning.

Sir Patrick Stewart only agreed to return to Star Trek if it was not "Star Trek: The Next Generation 2.0" with him back in the center seat. As as result, Season 1 was a mish-mash of storylines which never really came together, and which avoided Starfleet as much as possible (and when we did see it Starfleet was portrayed in an extremely unflattering light, especially the notorious "f-ing hubris" Badmiral.) Season 2 started with great promise: all was right in the world again thanks to Picard saving the universe (well, more or less) at the end of Season 1. The opening scenes introducing a new USS Stargazer genuinely wowed fans, the appearance of Q (John DeLancie, not missing a beat since last seen in Voyager) gave fans hope that Picard was going to take off as a series. Unfortunately, it didn't. The show spent the next seven or eight episodes in 2024 Los Angeles (with no Star Trekking to be seen) following a not very compelling story which really could have been finished in two episodes with crisper writing.

Season 3 now looks to be going in a completely different direction. Other than Picard himself, the only returning main character from Season 1 is Michelle Hurd's Raffi (along with Jeri Ryan, who was a guest in Season 1 and a regular in Season 2 as Seven of Nine.) Instead the TNG cast is returning en masse, and we might actually be getting something close to Star Trek: The Next Generation 2.0 fans really wanted and hopefully a strong conclusion for these characters after they were last seen together in 2002's failed movie Star Trek: Nemesis.

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #166 on: 07/24/2022 03:43 pm »
Apparently they have indicated we should treat season 3 as a TNG movie.

If you were wondering about that Sword Worf is carrying on his back.

https://twitter.com/TerryMatalas/status/1551004516094332928
« Last Edit: 07/24/2022 03:46 pm by Star One »

Offline Lars-J

• California
  • Liked: 8485
  • Likes Given: 5384
« Reply #167 on: 07/25/2022 05:44 am »
I have found season 1 and 2 to be REALLY… underwhelming, even really bad at times. (Most of season 2’s 2024 scenes)

I’m tired of the Picard character - or how Stewart insists on portraying him - but the other TNG characters intrigue me to at least watch an episode or two. (And it is ironic since I mostly despise this shows fan service)
« Last Edit: 07/25/2022 05:47 am by Lars-J »

Offline zack

• Liked: 117
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #168 on: 07/25/2022 08:52 am »
I think one of the bigger problems of S2 were that it was released weekly and not in one batch. The show was heavily serialized, without any time passing between episodes. And having to wait a whole week broke the flow of the episodes.

Offline Lars-J

• California
  • Liked: 8485
  • Likes Given: 5384
« Reply #169 on: 07/25/2022 03:43 pm »
I think one of the bigger problems of S2 were that it was released weekly and not in one batch. The show was heavily serialized, without any time passing between episodes. And having to wait a whole week broke the flow of the episodes.
I’m doubtful it would make a difference. I watched season 2 when all episodes were out, so it was effectively a batch release for me, and it was just tedious to go through. It was just padded into waaaay too much screen time.

Offline Star One

• UK
« Reply #170 on: 07/25/2022 07:31 pm »
I’m doubtful it would make a difference. I watched season 2 when all episodes were out, so it was effectively a batch release for me, and it was just tedious to go through. It was just padded into waaaay too much screen time.
It was heavily impacted like the last season of Discovery by the pandemic. This effected what they could do and not do. It was very obvious in Discovery hence why the last season was so static with a relatively limited guest cast.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography