Author Topic: Vacuum Reactive Device  (Read 19507 times)

Offline Alex_O

• Russia
  • Liked: 27
  • Likes Given: 36
Re: Vacuum Reactive Device
« Reply #20 on: 06/10/2020 05:13 am »
I just noticed this thread today and took a look at the site and pdf's. On this one, even I'm skeptical. They claim 4N thrust! That would be fantastic. But alas, not likely. They assume some kind of mass density of the 'vacuum ' ~10^-21 kg/m^3 which there is no evidence for that I've ever seen.
Good. If the vacuum has a mass, even if it is small, then ... that will be another story. :)

Moderator edit to remove off topic rambling.

please note:  New Physics is about experiments being conducted applicable to spaceflight. Theories attempting to resolve the experimental results with known rules of physics are on topic. Science fiction imaginings with no experimental basis are not.
« Last Edit: 06/10/2020 06:20 pm by D_Dom »

Offline Hakasays

• USA
  • Liked: 17
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #21 on: 06/10/2020 10:58 pm »
If the vacuum has a mass, even if it is small, then ... that will be another story. :)

Well the vacuum does have finite electric and magnetic properties.  Natural permittivity and permeability of empty space are both a small but non-zero value.

But if the vacuum did have mass, I wonder how would we measure it? ???

Offline Alex_O

• Russia
« Reply #22 on: 06/11/2020 07:33 pm »
If the vacuum has a mass, even if it is small, then ... that will be another story. :)

Well the vacuum does have finite electric and magnetic properties.  Natural permittivity and permeability of empty space are both a small but non-zero value.

It is possible that the vacuum also has the property of transferring momentum. Two methods are known to deliver a pulse through a vacuum - using EM and GR waves. No more, other methods are not physically possible?

It seems to me that the question of the mass of the vacuum can be solved by measuring the thrust of the test engine. What is needed is an engine, a device that creates fluctuations in energy-mass (in the local zone). A simple test body (for example, a flat steel disk or a sphere that is at rest) cannot "study the momentum" by itself, and perhaps such a body cannot be used as a detector in principle.
I repeat - a simple test body cannot be used as a detector.

I recently surprised to read the 2009 report.
http://www.second-physics.ru/sochi2009/pdf/p414-430.pdf
Samokhvalov V.N. An experimental study of the interaction of rotating dynamically unbalanced thin disks // Materials of the international scientific conference. Hosta, Sochi, August 25-29, 2009

The results of experimental studies of non-electromagnetic interaction in vacuum of closely spaced, mechanically unconnected, rotating disks are presented. It is established that at high angular velocities forces of interaction between the disks arise, causing precession and elastic deformation (screw twisting) of the surfaces of the disks during their joint rotation. In this case, energy is transferred from the rotating disk to the initially stationary disk, leading to its rotation, as well as mutual braking and heating of the disks during their simultaneous rotation.

Significant dynamic imbalance of the discs contributed to their intense vibration and the above-described effect of the interaction of the discs: vibration
and then the appearance of a bending wave was observed with gaps between the disks up to 3 mm.
In the experiments under the same conditions, but in the absence of vacuum (normal atmospheric pressure in the chamber), the above effects were not manifested.
Strong vibration of the discs was not excited, and a bending wave was not observed even when the initial clearance between the discs was less than 1 mm.
At the same time, when one of the electric motors was turned off (rotation in a vacuum), and its disk stopped, the second electric motor untwisted to maximum
revolutions of the order of 180 - 200 1 / s. When you turn on the first electric motor, the speed of the second motor again decreased significantly. Rotation frequency
both disks again amounted to about 90 - 100 1 / s. Thus, with repeated repetition of experiments, it was experimentally established that in the process of joint
counter rotation in a vacuum, a sufficiently strong contactless mutual braking of the disks was observed.
Here is a brief overview of the conference "Torsion Fields and Information Interactions - 2009"
https://refdb.ru/look/1865202.html
Vladimir Samokhvalov (Samara) presented in a double report the results of studies on the mutual influence of rotating masses (thin disks in vacuum). The report, accompanied by a video demonstration of the experiments, immediately aroused genuine interest and was repeatedly interrupted by questions. The obvious effect of the transfer of significant energy between divided rotating disks in a vacuum gave rise to spontaneous brain storming of listeners to explain the nature of the effect and the development of experiments. In the second report, Vladimir Nikolaevich talked about other experiments that testify to the mass-dynamic effects.

There was a lot of interesting things at this conference, try to look, for example:

Nikolsky G.A. The energy of solar vortex radiation and its interaction with matter
http://www.second-physics.ru/sochi2009/pdf/p46-55.pdf
Studies of direct relationships between changes in the energy fluxes of solar radiation (with changing solar activity in cycles No. 21, 22 and 23) with temporary variations in optical and synoptic weather were performed at the Cheget (3.1 km) and Solnechnaya mountain stations (2 , 1km) in the North Caucasus. The subsequent comprehension of the entire volume of the results obtained and the studies involved in areas related to atmospheric physics: meteorology, solar-terrestrial physics and astrophysics made it possible to detect the presence of spiral-vortex radiation (SVI) with background energy level in solar fluxes approximately 104 erg / s · cm2, reaching values ​​of ~ 105 - 106 in case of high solar activity
Nikolsky G.A. About the fifth interaction
http://www.second-physics.ru/sochi2009/pdf/p56-75.pdf
About spiral vortex field Solar spiral-vortex radiation (field) is one of the forms of matter, and, at the same time, a new physical object. It transfers the interaction, possessing energy, momentum, angular and orbital moments. A spiral-vortex field (SVP), like an electromagnetic field, can exist by itself, but unlike an ELMI, it should already be initially perceived as a spectrum
multi-scale solitons, easily penetrating into other bodies and effectively interacting with their structural elements
Look at these works, I was very interested.

To All. Is there any information about similar works?

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
  • Arc to Arcturus, then Spike to Spica
  • Sometimes it feels like Trantor in the time of Hari Seldon
  • Liked: 7404
  • Likes Given: 72480
« Reply #23 on: 06/11/2020 10:36 pm »

It is possible that the vacuum also has the property of transferring momentum. Two methods are known to deliver a pulse through a vacuum - using EM and GR waves. No more, other methods are not physically possible?

It seems to me that the question of the mass of the vacuum can be solved by measuring the thrust of the test engine. What is needed is an engine, a device that creates fluctuations in energy-mass (in the local zone). A simple test body (for example, a flat steel disk or a sphere that is at rest) cannot "study the momentum" by itself, and perhaps such a body cannot be used as a detector in principle.

[Multiple links]
Moderator:
I'm not perceiving the relevance of the linked content to "vacuum reactive devices."
If it's not relevant, at minimum, then it shouldn't be in this thread.
Support your local planetarium! (COVID-panic and forward: Now more than ever.) My current avatar is saying "i wants to go uppies!" Yes, there are God-given rights. Do you wish to gainsay the Declaration of Independence?

Offline Alex_O

• Russia
« Reply #24 on: 06/12/2020 02:58 am »

[Multiple links]
Moderator:
I'm not perceiving the relevance of the linked content to "vacuum reactive devices."
If it's not relevant, at minimum, then it shouldn't be in this thread.

Thank you, I understand and really appreciate your question.
The guys asked what it means to suck a vacuum. I don’t know what a vacuum is and how it can be sucked. The irrelevant information shows Ideas (two ideas) about a vacuum that you can suck, twist, catch vortices ..
I would like to know if there are other facts, experiments where the vacuum is studied, and whether there is information in these facts useful for space flights to the stars.

Offline Alex_O

• Russia
« Reply #25 on: 09/16/2020 09:38 am »
So far I haven't seen anything that actually explains what this "vacuum reactive device" actually is, how it is supposed to work, or what the experimental setups were. So it is pretty much impossible to actually critique it other than to point out the the diagram on the website that shows them sucking in vacuum is completely nonsensical. The shape with those exhaust ports on the back makes this look very much like an ion engine (using actual on-board propellant) claiming to be a magic propellantless device.
Look, evaluate the content of the text? This seems to be an interview with the device developer.

https://thealphacentauri.net/34527-vrd-dvigatel-na-temnoy-materii/
Literal nonsense, they are claiming that the vacuum itself is dark matter, which only proves that they don't know what either of those phrases mean. They go on to claim that the vacuum used to be called ether which is even more wrong, and puts everything else to bed, because the ether has already been proven to not exist, so their claims are worthless.
Just a question - it is believed that dark matter is in the vicinity of galaxies, then it should be in the vicinity of the solar system and in the vicinity of the planet Earth. Dark matter can have magnetic properties and it can be in the magnetic fields of the planet Earth, possibly in some equilibrium with the pressure of the solar wind. If reserves of dark matter can be found on the surface of the planet, then it can be sucked, pushed with the help of a system of magnets. If it's that simple - why haven't we found it yet?
I read an article "Could dark matter be hiding in plain sight in existing experiments?"
https://arstechnica.com/science/2013/12/could-dark-matter-be-hiding-in-plain-sight-in-existing-experiments/
Much of the search for dark matter—the invisible substance comprising 80 percent of all the mass in the cosmos—has focused on one type: weakly interacting massive particles (WIMPs). However, there's another strong contender: the axion, a very low-mass particle that could be numerous enough to play the part of dark matter. Axions were predicted in the 1970s because they provide a fix for a problem in particle physics, but they have yet to be seen experimentally.

Or so we've thought. Maybe they have been found, and we just didn't know what we were looking at. That's the premise of a provocative paper by Christian Beck. A certain anomaly that's been detected in superconducting experiments could be the result of axions passing through the apparatus. If this thesis is correct, then researchers have already detected axions with a tiny mass of about 0.11 thousandths of an electron volt (meV), or about 2×10-10 times the mass of an electron.
Wikipedia writes that an axion is a neutral particle of low mass. That will prevent sucking / pushing them with a magnetic field. But what if these (neutral properties) can be variable and, under the influence of the EM field, manifest the magnetic part for a short time. Then it will be useful for space travel.
« Last Edit: 09/16/2020 09:39 am by Alex_O »

Offline Alex_O

• Russia
« Reply #26 on: 09/17/2020 06:55 am »

at 0:13 Artem Madatov
..there are electronic keys, everything is complicated here.
And this oscillatory system comes into action with the help of an external source of energy
It deforms the vacuum and starts to speed it up and it means, as they say, it is drawn into one hole, flies in - and from another hole (here a solid channel) - flies out.
Thus, a reactive jet is formed, and the device acquires acceleration in the other direction.

at 0:55 Volodymyr Astapenko
The next step that will show you how it works is the spacewalk.
Yes, this is still the closest space, it is within the orbit of the Earth, where the vacuum is already a natural vacuum, not the one that we create in laboratory conditions on Earth.

1:26 Max Tkachenko
This is a very non-standard project, initially we did not want to consider it at all, and somehow work with it, but after a while, realizing its value, we formed a fairly professional team and began to develop it.

Offline RonM

• Atlanta, Georgia USA
  • Liked: 2231
  • Likes Given: 1584
« Reply #27 on: 09/17/2020 02:44 pm »
Just a question - it is believed that dark matter is in the vicinity of galaxies, then it should be in the vicinity of the solar system and in the vicinity of the planet Earth. Dark matter can have magnetic properties and it can be in the magnetic fields of the planet Earth, possibly in some equilibrium with the pressure of the solar wind. If reserves of dark matter can be found on the surface of the planet, then it can be sucked, pushed with the help of a system of magnets. If it's that simple - why haven't we found it yet?
I read an article "Could dark matter be hiding in plain sight in existing experiments?"
https://arstechnica.com/science/2013/12/could-dark-matter-be-hiding-in-plain-sight-in-existing-experiments/

Dark matter by definition only interacts via gravity. It doesn't have magnetic properties. That's why dark matter is hard to find.

Offline Clyde

• Sweden
  • Liked: 19
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #28 on: 09/17/2020 02:50 pm »
It is not excluded that Dark matter also interacts via the weak nuclear interaction. Most dark matter searches use that property. If dark matter interacts only via gravitation, then that's going to be real difficult to detect in the lab. Electromagnetic interaction is excluded experimentally.

Offline Clyde

• Sweden
« Reply #29 on: 09/17/2020 02:57 pm »
Small comment concerning "If reserves of dark matter can be found on the surface of the planet".
Because dark matter interacts so weakly it would fall to the center of the earth, it would not collect on the surface. Some experiments look for dark matter particles annihilating with other DM particles from DM that may have collected at the center of stars.
« Last Edit: 09/17/2020 02:57 pm by Clyde »

Offline RonM

• Atlanta, Georgia USA
  • Liked: 2231
  • Likes Given: 1584
« Reply #30 on: 09/17/2020 03:35 pm »
It is not excluded that Dark matter also interacts via the weak nuclear interaction. Most dark matter searches use that property. If dark matter interacts only via gravitation, then that's going to be real difficult to detect in the lab. Electromagnetic interaction is excluded experimentally.

So far there are no lab experiment detections of dark matter particles. That's putting constraints on what dark matter particles could be.

Offline Clyde

• Sweden
« Reply #31 on: 09/17/2020 10:39 pm »
Indeed dark matter has not been observed in the lab, it would be a great discovery.

Dark matter by definition only interacts via gravity.

It is not in the definition of dark matter that it is has to be interacting by gravitation only. But it is observed by its gravitational effects. It interacts gravitationally for sure, by nuclear weak interaction maybe if we are lucky, and EM no. There are some hints that it may be related to the weak interaction (wimp miracle) but that's just theories, for now.
« Last Edit: 09/17/2020 10:41 pm by Clyde »

Offline Alex_O

• Russia
« Reply #32 on: 09/18/2020 05:31 am »

Dark matter by definition only interacts via gravity. It doesn't have magnetic properties. That's why dark matter is hard to find.

Perhaps dark matter (yes, I don't know what it is) can somehow be magnetized? Even for 1 nanosecond. This will immediately suck / push. Then the rocket thrust will depend on the frequency.

For example, in two steps - first, with a short pulse, a small portion of the DM acquires electrical properties (polarized?), Then the second pulse creates a small current (circular?) In the portion of the DM, then the third pulse (already of a magnetic field) begins to suck / push it.

I have seen discussions that streams of unknown matter fall on the surface of the planet from deep space, and for example, change the rate of radioactive decay of elements. Our Sun can also be a supplier of such flows. If so, then it could be useful for interplanetary travel.

I look at the video above, at the expression on a person's face, and something tells me that the proposed algorithm may be true :)). And I've seen simulations of magnetohydrodynamics, for example https://www.comsol.ru/model/magnetohydrodynamics-74511

Offline Alex_O

• Russia
« Reply #33 on: 09/18/2020 08:31 pm »
I must withdraw the term dark matter in my posts above. Using the term dark matter in the context of VRD is decidedly impossible. According to various estimates, the amount of dark matter in the vicinity of the planet Earth can be measured in a few grams. The only thing we can do is introduce the term Unknown Matter (UM). Or simply Element X.

For example, Evgeny Podkletnov sees something extremely interesting in his experience.
https://medium.com/predict/eugene-podkletnovs-new-gravity-modification-experimental-video-b7813b04c6f8

What I’ve found, however, is that the superconductors are needed only to create a certain density of electrons, so in the experiments you seen in this video we’re working with very thin gold layers which generate the same effect at room temperature.
My latest research shows that working with composite materials that do not include superconductors at all, we’re able to create gravity fields, in vacuum, in the air, and so far in every object placed within the vicinity of this experimental gravity generator. It’s a much more efficient method.

At 0:45, the disc starts rotating, a screen is installed above the disc with a 5 mm gap, and after spinning the disc, amazing vibrations occur. Subtitles (in Russian) are well translated into English. Happy viewing.

Further, in an interview with Tim Ventura, Eugene said the following:

For the time being, we have come back to rotating disks, but we’re using a composite structure now, and under certain conditions we’re creating this gravitational modification. I also plan to begin working with rotating magnet fields, which are practically the same thing as a rotating body. But so, but in a, in a bit different way. So the mechanism is a bit different
It seemed to me? There seems to be a direct analogy with VRD and Eugene's new plan to use rotating magnet fields.

Offline basil_kuklin

• LT
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #34 on: 06/10/2023 02:14 pm »
Hi guys,

I want to share with you my idea about gravity.

The space vacuum (between planets, stars, between atoms maybe) seems to be not fully empty (at least we know that the energy of vacuum is not zero).
I think phonons can travel through vacuum.
Even between objects in space.
So it is almost like sound in space, but this is very very low sound, this is infrasound (like when earthquake happens).

I think the vibration of mass objects (for example, nucleous of atoms) creates waves around it.
Like in some kind of substance/environment (like inside water or inside solid structures).
When there are many particles - like inside Moon - they create a large global wave of vibration, that can move even oceans on Earth.

I think that the structure of all orbits around all massive objects is not random.
Because all orbits look like standing waves (nodes), and this effect can happen when we are creating Chladni figures.
Maybe even on the level of atom structures too... Maybe even on the level of galaxies too...

Wki: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Chladni#Chladni_figures
The example (some random video):

Infrasound can spread very far, it can move through all things.
It can move and destroy objects. It causes their vibration.

I think that this is gravity.
I think that two gravitating objects are trying to synchronize fluctuations between them and inside of them.
When they are getting closer to each other, the phonons are trying to move together exactly in the same way.
Phonons are synchronizing.
Everything massive in Universe is trying to to synchronize fluctuations, to make it the same everywhere (and maybe to become one huge piece of mass).

In strong gravity fields phonons move faster, causing "curvature of space-time", comparing with the region where gravity is not so high.

In massive objects - in ideal environment, like in the centres of planets, stars or in black holes maybe - phonons are moving in exactly the same way (the same dance), creating the most massive macroscopic waves. I'm not sure, but maybe black holes become the whole one thing because of that, like atomic nucleus, and it starts behaving like that, with the same quantum effects but on macroscopic scale, like not staying in one place/dot, so we cannot see it. But it is too difficult, so maybe I'm wrong.

So all massive objects create waves of fluctuations in some mysterious environment called space.

So we can check if it is true about infrasound, using rather simple experiments (orbital seismometer can check is there any vibrating when it is flying above some active volcanoes or earthquakes; maybe some seismometers-gravimeters need to be placed on Moon; or on moons of Jupiter; or on asteroids; or we need just two rockets; or on Pluto and Charon - they are looking both on each other by the way, and there are only 20 000 kms between them).
If something massive explodes or has some kind of earthquakes - the other object on some distance can be able to detect waves of phonons... So this can be gravitational waves...

So if I am not wrong, what the profit?
I think that we can move things in space, just causing vibration in them.
We are changing the momentum of all particles there.
I think that it is possible using some kind of very low infrasound.
And we are reaching this effect using rockets, causing some kind of eartquakes because of burning fuel, so it is like creating bombs, but maybe there is some kind of easier way to create just a vibration of all things in the direction we need to move.
And I don't think that it breaks the law of conservation of momentum (because vacuum is not empty).
We just need to create vibration like it was done using burning of fuel.
And if it accelerates the objects using just a ship's electricity energy, we can achieve the thrust to reach planets and stars in short terms with 1G on board.

Sorry for not native English language.
« Last Edit: 06/10/2023 05:58 pm by basil_kuklin »

Offline darkenfast

• Liked: 1829
  • Likes Given: 8740
« Reply #35 on: 06/10/2023 06:13 pm »
Find an obscure word. Claim it's the basis for a magical new space drive. Rinse and repeat.
Writer of Book and Lyrics for musicals "SCAR", "Cinderella!", and "Aladdin!". Retired Naval Security Group. "I think SCAR is a winner. Great score, [and] the writing is up there with the very best!"
-- Phil Henderson, Composer of the West End musical "The Far Pavilions".

Offline chazemz

• england
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #36 on: 06/13/2023 08:01 pm »
You have to ask yourselves what level of hypothetical you are willing to accept. Conservation of energy applies in an isolated system. Isolated systems do not exist, so Conservation of energy relies on a hypothetical situation. However, if an isolated system were to be discovered, it is logical that Conservation of energy would hold. A vacuum with mass is a contradiction and stretches "hypothetical" to the limit. Applying logic I have no other option but to agree with meberbs. 

Offline laszlo

• Liked: 1235
  • Likes Given: 530
« Reply #37 on: 06/14/2023 10:38 am »
Hi guys,

I want to share with you my idea about gravity.

The space vacuum (between planets, stars, between atoms maybe) seems to be not fully empty (at least we know that the energy of vacuum is not zero).

... [snip long post]...

I think that we can move things in space, just causing vibration in them.
We are changing the momentum of all particles there.
I think that it is possible using some kind of very low infrasound.
And we are reaching this effect using rockets, causing some kind of eartquakes because of burning fuel, so it is like creating bombs, but maybe there is some kind of easier way to create just a vibration of all things in the direction we need to move.
And I don't think that it breaks the law of conservation of momentum (because vacuum is not empty).
We just need to create vibration like it was done using burning of fuel.
And if it accelerates the objects using just a ship's electricity energy, we can achieve the thrust to reach planets and stars in short terms with 1G on board.

Sorry for not native English language.

So now you need to:
    1. Add some mathematics to explain this theory. Without the math this sounds like a mix of
        every current theory that mentions waves and the luminiferous aether theories from over 100 years ago.
        A mathematical explanation would also help get around any language barriers.
    2. Show that it explains observed phenomena at least as well as relativity and the Standard Model.
    3. Predict testable differences.

Then it will be ready for experimental physicists to design and perform experiments to prove or disprove your theory.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography