Author Topic: L2 SpaceX  (Read 115587 times)

Offline rockettrey

Re: L2 SpaceX
« Reply #20 on: 04/22/2014 05:33 pm »
I LOVE the incredible cross section of insiders/experts/talents/perspectives/backgrounds/experience/and just plain interest of the members that all feel as passionate about space exploration as I do.

Offline Lar

• Fan boy at large
  • Global Moderator
  • Saw Gemini live on TV
  • A large LEGO storage facility ... in Michigan
  • Liked: 11864
  • Likes Given: 11086
« Reply #21 on: 04/23/2014 12:19 am »
L2's SpaceX coverage is superb. But then, L2's coverage of just about everything we love is superb.

Joining L2 is about giving back to this site that does so much to promote and increase space knowledge, not about secret special access to neat stuff. Do it to give back....

Then enjoy all the neat stuff you have special access to as a bonus. But what a bonus!
"I think it would be great to be born on Earth and to die on Mars. Just hopefully not at the point of impact." -Elon Musk
"We're a little bit like the dog who caught the bus" - Musk after CRS-8 S1 successfully landed on ASDS OCISLY

Online FutureSpaceTourist

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 81623
  • Likes Given: 36929
« Reply #22 on: 04/25/2014 11:49 am »
Lots of good points on this thread.

I think it's worth stressing that L2 contains information, including about SpaceX, that you cannot get anywhere else (unless you work in the organisations concerned). But it's not just information, it's also expert analysis by industry insiders. You get to see and understand the thinking behind the great articles published on the site.

This site really deserves to flourish, which it cannot do without our support. The next few years look to be incredibly exciting in space flight, so why not support the site and as a bonus get almost an insider's view of what's going on.

From a very happy L2 member.

Offline getitdoneinspace

• Liked: 305
  • Likes Given: 224
« Reply #23 on: 04/25/2014 08:23 pm »
According to my email from Chris, I joined L2 about 18 hours ago. Since then I have gotten about 3 hours of sleep, no work done, and the consumption of energy sources has occurred only at my desk. Luckily the restroom is only a few steps away. This is not a pretty sight. Take the below warning from ohlongjohnson seriously. This site is TOTALLY AWESOME. Anyone out there have the link to the 12 step program for recovery from L2 addiction?

And I am a big SpaceX fan. So far I have only started penetrating the wealth of information available on SpaceX, especially with all the recent developments. Chris does a great deal, but the entire community just lays a path of links, resources, and information to keep your mind spinning on a SpaceX high. I tell my kids to watch and learn from Elon and his people. This is the way everyone should think; like a rational, creative, everything may be possible engineer.

If you are a SpaceX fan to whatever degree and have a day job that requires your full attention, I highly recommend to you to NOT, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, get a L2 membership. ;)

There are days where I open the L2 section, not suspecting anything, then I read what awesome new details Chris or others have come forward with and -BAMM- my productivity for the day is gone. No way i can think about anything other then awesome rockets for the rest of the day...

And another warning: I cannot see how i do NOT prolong my L2 subscription once my 2nd term is up in a few months. It is just addictive. It literally gets my heart racing to read the stuff on L2. Be warned ;)

I hope this is not too cheesy, but that's the way it is for me...
« Last Edit: 04/25/2014 08:26 pm by getitdoneinspace »

Offline Hauerg

• Berndorf, Austria
  • Liked: 520
  • Likes Given: 2574
« Reply #24 on: 04/26/2014 05:36 pm »
It is cheaper to simply buy lifelong membership. I did after the first year.

Offline Lobo

• Spokane, WA
  • Liked: 672
  • Likes Given: 437
« Reply #25 on: 05/12/2014 11:24 pm »
It is cheaper to simply buy lifelong membership. I did after the first year.

I was foolish enough to re-up about 3 times before I finally saw the light and just got the lifetime membership.  Had to try it out some first, but never regretted it.  The most return on investment I've probably every had on anything in my life.

Offline sheltonjr

• Liked: 63
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #26 on: 05/13/2014 01:07 pm »
I could not find the lifetime membership cost?  Can someone point the way?

Thanks

Offline Hauerg

• Berndorf, Austria
« Reply #27 on: 05/13/2014 01:12 pm »
When it was time for renewal this was an option, not sure where to look for it...
Think that Chris will be helpful.  ;)
« Last Edit: 05/13/2014 01:59 pm by Chris Bergin »

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #28 on: 05/13/2014 01:49 pm »
I could not find the lifetime membership cost?  Can someone point the way?

Thanks

Enter my office and we'll have a chat! ;D

(I'll send you a PM :))
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline RDMM2081

• Liked: 287
  • Likes Given: 595
« Reply #29 on: 05/14/2014 01:49 am »
I just wanted to say that I finally upgraded to L2 today, and I am so overwhelmed it is actually somewhat upsetting.  Upsetting that I waited so long!  Seriously though, it is everything I ever thought to hope and more, and I am proud to support this fine site in any way, such fantastic work, and there is truly no parallel anywhere.  Thank you Chris!

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #30 on: 06/22/2014 05:43 pm »
I just wanted to say that I finally upgraded to L2 today, and I am so overwhelmed it is actually somewhat upsetting.  Upsetting that I waited so long!  Seriously though, it is everything I ever thought to hope and more, and I am proud to support this fine site in any way, such fantastic work, and there is truly no parallel anywhere.  Thank you Chris!

Just noticed this! Thanks very much for such a great post, but more so for your support - given there would not be a site without L2 supporters!
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline symbios

• Elon Musk fan
  • Sweden
  • Liked: 152
  • Likes Given: 739
« Reply #31 on: 07/31/2014 09:02 pm »
Damn this post...!!! >:(

I just had to upgrade to L2 because of it  ;D
I'm a fan, not a fanatic...

Offline Akhenaten

• Hull UK
  • Liked: 22
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #32 on: 07/31/2014 09:35 pm »
I have been an L2 Member for over a year now, and am not an engineer or professional in this business, although I give many talks to the public and run an Astronomical Society in my locality.

I am very proud and grateful for the opportunities I have had to learn something of behind the scenes developments, especially in SpaceX

It has all been a very rewarding experience, and I highly recommend membership to any others interested in Space, as I have always regarded it as the key to a humane future for our children.
As one of  HG Wells' characters remarked
"The Future for Mankind is All the Universe- or Nothing"
This is a proposition amply confirmed by the contents of the world's news media...which are increasingly filled with unreasoning hatred and homicidal bigotry

Oh for a Total Perspective Vortex
SpaceX and other similar outfits are truly the vanguard of Humankind...
"Humanity belongs wherever a Keen Eye, Quick Wits, and Intelligence can take Us!"

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #33 on: 08/01/2014 12:52 am »
Thanks for becoming a supporter of the site, Symbios!

And many thanks to Akhenaten for a great post!
« Last Edit: 08/01/2014 12:52 am by Chris Bergin »

Offline Tonioroffo

• Belgium
  • Liked: 83
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #34 on: 10/02/2014 01:30 pm »
Just payed for 2 Months L2 access to see what the fuzz is all about. :)

I'm mostly reading the forum & hardly ever post, but lately I'm obsessed with everything SpaceX.

Looking forward to the access!

Offline ras391

• Liked: 22
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #35 on: 10/02/2014 01:54 pm »
Welcome! I can assure you you will not be disappointed. You will continue to support L2 as you will get the best news better, and first. ENJOY!!

Offline Arb

• London
  • Liked: 514
  • Likes Given: 433
« Reply #36 on: 01/08/2015 10:18 pm »
Coming to the end of first year of L2 and seriously considering life membership; it's that good.

Offline pogo661

• Liked: 14
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #37 on: 03/05/2015 10:50 pm »
For me the value from L2 comes not just from the L2 content, but in the herculean effort put in to moderate the threads and keep them appropriate, and put together articles. 

Offline Hauerg

• Berndorf, Austria
« Reply #38 on: 07/01/2015 05:29 am »
As long as you are not 95, lifetime membership is too good a deal to miss. In a TCO view it is a nobrainer.

Offline Alastor

• Liked: 306
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #39 on: 01/08/2016 01:55 pm »
I've been thinking about this for a while, now, but after reading this thread, I think I might have to subscribe to L2 as soon as I come back home tonight !
No sooner though, because otherwise, I'm fairly certain that my day of work will be gone before I even notice it, which would be pretty bad !
Even the non-L2 part manages to make me procrastinate quite a large ammount of time, so I don't even begin to immagine for L2 ...

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography