Author Topic: Electron "IT'S BUSINESS TIME" - Lemur sats et al. - November 11, 2018  (Read 93121 times)

Offline Robotbeat

• Minnesota
  • Liked: 25240
  • Likes Given: 12115
I got the impression they were on site anyway, just in case.
Indeed, that's pretty normal for rocket launches (or wet dress rehearsals) I believe.
Chris  Whoever loves correction loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.

To the maximum extent practicable, the Federal Government shall plan missions to accommodate the space transportation services capabilities of United States commercial providers. US law http://goo.gl/YZYNt0

Offline FutureSpaceTourist

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 81684
  • Likes Given: 36941
This week during wet dress rehearsal the team saw some unusual behavior with a motor controller. With only days between rehearsal & window, we want a little extra time to fully review data, so have decided to roll to the next slot in a few weeks. Stay tuned!

https://twitter.com/rocketlab/status/986252799599042561

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4673
  • Likes Given: 768
This week during wet dress rehearsal the team saw some unusual behavior with a motor controller. With only days between rehearsal & window, we want a little extra time to fully review data, so have decided to roll to the next slot in a few weeks. Stay tuned!

https://twitter.com/rocketlab/status/986252799599042561
https://www.rocketlabusa.com/news/updates/rocket-lab-moves-its-business-time-launch-window/
Rocket Lab will move the ‘It’s Business Time’ launch, scheduled between 20 April – 3 May, to the next available launch window in coming weeks. The shift comes after pad team identified some unusual motor controller behavior during a wet dress rehearsal carried out this week. With just days between rehearsal and window opening, the call to move to the window is a conservative one made to allow the team additional time to review data.

Rocket Lab is able to operate with schedule flexibility and move into different windows as a result of operating its own private orbital launch site.

The new launch window is due to open in the coming weeks with defined dates to be confirmed soon.

Offline harry2680

• UK
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 17
Latest tweet promises a launch window will be released 'soon'.

Offline Nomadd

• Lower 48
  • Liked: 60431
  • Likes Given: 1305
 I'm driving by there in two days. It looks like I won't see anything but a locked gate and sign threatening dire consequences for trespassing.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.

Offline Jarnis

• Liked: 830
  • Likes Given: 201
I'm driving by there in two days. It looks like I won't see anything but a locked gate and sign threatening dire consequences for trespassing.

Photo or didn't happen :D

Offline Nomadd

• Lower 48
 What I could get from a little hill 2 miles away. I almost got to a spot 1 mile away, but two guys moving a large flock of bald sheep politely hinted that the job would be easier if I wasn't there.
 At least I got a good dinner. The place was closed, but the owner saw me and insisted on feeding me and bringing the whole family in for conversation.
 She reminded them to use the term "Rocket enthusiast" because apparently, some people consider "Rocket nut" rude.
« Last Edit: 05/27/2018 02:30 am by Nomadd »
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.

Offline deruch

• California
  • Liked: 2006
  • Likes Given: 5634
What I could get from a little hill 2 miles away. I almost got to a spot 1 mile away, but two guys moving a large flock of bald sheep politely hinted that the job would be easier if I wasn't there.
 At least I got a good dinner. The place was closed, but the owner saw me and insisted on feeding me and bringing the whole family in for conversation.
 She reminded them to use the term "Rocket enthusiast" because, apparently, some people considered "Rocket nut" rude.

Well, now I really want to know whether unlicensed cafes are a problem in NZ?
Shouldn't reality posts be in "Advanced concepts"?  --Nomadd

Offline envy887

• Liked: 6801
  • Likes Given: 2965
 She reminded them to use the term "Rocket enthusiast" because, apparently, some people considered "Rocket nut" rude.

That's a lot of rocket sheep (and rocket cows). :D

Offline launchwatcher

• Liked: 726
  • Likes Given: 988

Well, now I really want to know whether unlicensed cafes are a problem in NZ?
Whether it's a problem depends on what you like to drink with dinner.

(I believe it's the local shorthand for "licensed to serve alcohol").

Offline Nomadd

• Lower 48

Also, several rocket horses.

All I could get from the locals was that launch day travel by non residents down the 30km goat track to the site was strongly discouraged by the authorities. A phrase that means many things depending on where you are.
« Last Edit: 05/19/2018 11:20 am by Nomadd »

Offline john smith 19

• Everyplaceelse
  • Liked: 2431
  • Likes Given: 13606

All I could get from the locals was that launch day travel by non residents down the 30km goat track to the site was strongly discouraged by the authorities. A phrase that means many things depending on where you are.
You'll probably be alright.

It's an American launch site and you're an American.   :)
MCT ITS BFR SS. The worlds first Methane fueled FFSC engined CFRP SS structure A380 sized aerospaceplane tail sitter capable of Earth & Mars atmospheric flight.First flight to Mars by end of 2022 TBC. T&C apply. Trust nothing. Run your own #s "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof" R. Simberg."Competitve" means cheaper ¬cheap SCramjet proposed 1956. First +ve thrust 2004. US R&D spend to date > $10Bn. #deployed designs. Zero.

Offline TrevorMonty

I'm not sure RL would appreciate term goat track, considering how much money was spent upgrading it.

Hope you are enjoying your holiday.
« Last Edit: 05/19/2018 06:17 pm by TrevorMonty »

Offline CameronD

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Norton Consultants
  • Liked: 868
  • Likes Given: 548

I'm not sure RL would appreciate term goat track, considering how much money was spent upgrading it.

By international (American anyways) standards, I'd reckon most New Zealand roads would be considered goat tracks.  Fortunately, there aren't all that many goats to hit whilst driving on them.. :)
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine - however, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are
going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead.

Offline MATTBLAK

• Elite Veteran & 'J.A.F.A'
  • 'Space Cadets' Let us; UNITE!! (crickets chirping)
  • New Zealand
  • Liked: 2239
  • Likes Given: 3883
South Island highways are excellent. North Island highways are okay, but suburban roads are atrocious 'goat tracks' full of potholes; particularly Auckland :(
"Those who can't, Blog".   'Space Cadets' of the World - Let us UNITE!! (crickets chirping)

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4673
  • Likes Given: 768

Hope you are enjoying your holiday.

But thats where the Rocket Goats are  ;)
« Last Edit: 05/22/2018 02:28 am by russianhalo117 »

Offline CameronD

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Norton Consultants
  • Liked: 868
  • Likes Given: 548
Hmm..  With all this talk of Mahia wildlife and a rocket that's taking it's jolly-old-time going anyplace, I do wonder what a stowaway possum might do to the rocket's trajectory if not spotted prior to lift-off.

How about bird poo? Can the avionics compensate for that??
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine - however, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are
going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead.

Offline Nomadd

• Lower 48
 The road upgrades were actually the biggest problem. They're in progress and there are a few sections where you have to grind uphill through six inches of loose aggregate.
 I just wish launch time would have been closer. The sheep station crew a mile from the pad was friendly but busy. They seemed interested that I was their Texas counterpart and I probably could have swung a perch on a hill a mile from the pad on launch day.
 Woulda, coulda, shoulda.
« Last Edit: 06/30/2018 03:55 am by Nomadd »

Offline FutureSpaceTourist

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 81684
  • Likes Given: 36941
Shane Fleming, Rocket Lab: fixed issue with motor controller son Electron that postponed launch last month. Shipping vehicle back to the launch site in the “coming weeks.” #SpaceTechExpo

https://twitter.com/jeff_foust/status/998995887526367232

Online Chris Bergin

ARTICLE: Rocket Lab announces new launch date, payloads for “It’s Business Time” Electron flight -
https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2018/05/rocket-lab-new-launch-date-payloads-business-time-electron-flight/

- By Chris Gebhardt

Thanks to Rocket Lab for working with us on this, giving us an embargoed release to myself and Chris G (and personally, as opposed to those nameless bulk e-mails). Really nice touch.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography