Author Topic: 6 finalists named for Space Florida chief  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Chris Bergin

Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline SpaceCat

• Florida
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 6 finalists named for Space Florida chief
« Reply #1 on: 08/03/2006 11:52 pm »
I'm not entirely clear on the purpose of "Space Florida"- but I gather it will be a state office designed to attract space-oriented businesses to Florida.
Such an organization already exists in the private sector, the Florida Space Authority- guided by the very capable hands and brains of Capt. Winston Scott.  
IMHO, it would have been more efficient and economical for the State of Florida to contract FSA and expand their roles in these efforts; rather than create a whole new government bureaucracy.

Offline Jim

• Night Gator
  • Cape Canaveral Spaceport
  • Liked: 21448
  • Likes Given: 428
« Reply #2 on: 08/04/2006 12:17 am »
SpaceCat - 3/8/2006  7:39 PM

I'm not entirely clear on the purpose of "Space Florida"- but I gather it will be a state office designed to attract space-oriented businesses to Florida.
Such an organization already exists in the private sector, the Florida Space Authority- guided by the very capable hands and brains of Capt. Winston Scott.  
IMHO, it would have been more efficient and economical for the State of Florida to contract FSA and expand their roles in these efforts; rather than create a whole new government bureaucracy.

FSA was dissolved and Space Florida replaced it and consolidated other space orgs.   Scott resigned.

Offline SpaceCat

• Florida
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: 08/04/2006 03:23 am »
Wow, I missed that.  FSA's website is still up, looking like business as usual.  Thanks, Jim

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography