Author Topic: LIVE: SpaceX Falcon 9 - CRS-9 Dragon - July 18, 2016 - UPDATES  (Read 151516 times)

Offline Ronsmytheiii

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1879
  • Likes Given: 1023

Offline Ronsmytheiii

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1879
  • Likes Given: 1023
Video is ok, but listen to the sonic booms and the burning noise at the end:

https://twitter.com/gopikl/status/755042844197392384/video/1

Online ugordan

• My mainly Cassini image gallery
  • Liked: 3543
  • Likes Given: 759

Flareup at 1:31, boostback burn at 2:35 (I think S1 and S2 labels might be mixed up)

Offline Orbiter

• Florida
  • Liked: 1548
  • Likes Given: 1385
TLE up for CRS-9

1 41672U 16046A   16200.78658715 -.00000506  00000-0  00000+0 0  9994
2 41672  51.6637 260.4095 0001467  79.8642  24.8047 15.58544744    91

391x393km orbit inclined 51.6637 to the equator.
KSC Engineer, astronomer, rocket photographer.

Offline Targeteer

• near hangar 18
  • Liked: 3364
  • Likes Given: 1139
Dragon just showed up on the worldwide display of the earth with the ISS ground track during the Soyuz docking coverage.  It is fairly close the station trailing not far behind.  Will it stay there or complete orbital lap to arrive Wednesday morning?
Best quote heard during an inspection, "I was unaware that I was the only one who was aware."

Offline ChrisC

• Veteran
  • Liked: 1561
  • Likes Given: 1749
Dragon just showed up on the worldwide display of the earth with the ISS ground track during the Soyuz docking coverage.  It is fairly close the station trailing not far behind.  Will it stay there or complete orbital lap to arrive Wednesday morning?

Of course, it will arrive as scheduled.  No pressing reason to bust schedule and accelerate.

FYI, here's the relevant screenshot.  https://twitter.com/NASASpaceflight/status/755195426358394880
« Last Edit: 07/19/2016 02:04 am by ChrisC »
PSA #1: EST does NOT mean "Eastern Time".  Use "Eastern" or "ET" instead, all year round, and avoid this common error.  Google "EST vs EDT".
PSA #2: It's and its: know the difference and quietly impress grammar pedants.  Google "angry flower its" .  *** See profile for two more NSF forum tips. ***

Offline Robotbeat

• Minnesota
  • Liked: 25240
  • Likes Given: 12115
file:///C:/Users/Zachary/Documents/NSF.mp4

Having arrived at Route 401 at 9:25 PM, I stayed at that site for a little over 3 hours until the first stage landed. In compliance with the new policy beginning in late 2014, quoting from launchphotography.com, there were police cars trying to move cars that were trying park in the crowded grassy area.

Below this post is a video I made based on the footage I shot of the SpaceX CRS-9 launch and the first stage landing eight minutes later. I used two royalty-free songs from incompetech, audio from the NASA TV feed, and a short clip of the first stage on LZ-1.
You have to use the "Attach: Choose File" thing below where you write a post. Your "attachement" wasn't attached.
Chris  Whoever loves correction loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.

To the maximum extent practicable, the Federal Government shall plan missions to accommodate the space transportation services capabilities of United States commercial providers. US law http://goo.gl/YZYNt0

Offline Robotbeat

• Minnesota
  • Liked: 25240
  • Likes Given: 12115
file:///C:/Users/Zachary/Documents/NSF.mp4

Having arrived at Route 401 at 9:25 PM, I stayed at that site for a little over 3 hours until the first stage landed. In compliance with the new policy beginning in late 2014, quoting from launchphotography.com, there were police cars trying to move cars that were trying park in the crowded grassy area.

Below this post is a video I made based on the footage I shot of the SpaceX CRS-9 launch and the first stage landing eight minutes later. I used two royalty-free songs from incompetech, audio from the NASA TV feed, and a short clip of the first stage on LZ-1.
You have to use the "Attach: Choose File" thing below where you write a post. Your "attachement" wasn't attached.

The video was too big for the attachment.
Well, no one is seeing it because you just posted an internal link from your computer, like so:
"file:///C:/Users/Zachary/Documents/NSF.mp4"

There's no way for anyone to see the video unless they somehow hack into your computer.

If it's too big, I suggest uploading it to youtube and then posting the link back here.
Chris  Whoever loves correction loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.

To the maximum extent practicable, the Federal Government shall plan missions to accommodate the space transportation services capabilities of United States commercial providers. US law http://goo.gl/YZYNt0

Offline yg1968

• Liked: 7123
  • Likes Given: 3065
The July 17th 2016 science, research and technology briefing hasn't yet been posted in this thread. It's got a good discussion of the IDA installation (scheduled for August 18 2016)  towards the end (at 59m) of the video:

« Last Edit: 07/19/2016 02:18 am by yg1968 »

Offline yg1968

Here is the archived full webcast of NASA TV's coverage of the launch:

Offline ZachS09

• Space Savant
  • Roanoke, TX
  • Liked: 2345
  • Likes Given: 2060
Having arrived at Route 401 at 9:25 PM, I stayed at that site for a little over 3 hours until the first stage landed. In compliance with the new policy beginning in late 2014, quoting from launchphotography.com, the police moved other cars that were trying to park in the crowded grassy area.

« Last Edit: 12/01/2016 06:14 pm by ZachS09 »
Liftoff for St. Jude's! Go Dragon, Go Falcon, Godspeed Inspiration4!

Offline ChrisC

• Veteran
  • Liked: 1561
  • Likes Given: 1749

YES. Thank you yg1968 for recording and uploading!

I'm shaking my head that NASA didn't make it available themselves on their own Youtube account.  Surely they must realize by now that most of their viewership watches these things time-shifted; they put all that work into the production, let us see it!  Earlier this evening I had cued up the Ustream auto-archive recording, which is a painful way to watch because of [insert tech handwaving here].

Jump to 46m00s to see Steve Payne give a short overview of the new IDA.
« Last Edit: 07/19/2016 01:02 pm by ChrisC »
PSA #1: EST does NOT mean "Eastern Time".  Use "Eastern" or "ET" instead, all year round, and avoid this common error.  Google "EST vs EDT".
PSA #2: It's and its: know the difference and quietly impress grammar pedants.  Google "angry flower its" .  *** See profile for two more NSF forum tips. ***

Online catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 8822
  • Likes Given: 7826

Flareup at 1:31, boostback burn at 2:35 (I think S1 and S2 labels might be mixed up)

He made the label correction and is posted at this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YoUte61c1M?t=001

« Last Edit: 07/19/2016 04:22 am by catdlr »
Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Offline Targeteer

• near hangar 18
  • Liked: 3364
  • Likes Given: 1139
According to the morning DPC, Dragon is 1250 km behind and 2 km below ISS closing at 100 km per orbit.
Best quote heard during an inspection, "I was unaware that I was the only one who was aware."

Offline yg1968

YES. Thank you yg1968 for recording and uploading!

I'm shaking my head that NASA didn't make it available themselves on their own Youtube account.  Surely they must realize by now that most of their viewership watches these things time-shifted; they put all that work into the production, let us see it!  Earlier this evening I had cued up the Ustream auto-archive recording, which is a painful way to watch because of [insert tech handwaving here].

Jump to 46m00s to see Steve Payne give a short overview of the new IDA.

I agree that it should be posted by NASA on its YouTube channel. Incidentally, here is the link to the Ustream recording:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/89712192

http://www.ustream.tv/nasahdtv

« Last Edit: 07/19/2016 02:51 pm by yg1968 »

Online ugordan

• My mainly Cassini image gallery
  • Liked: 3543
  • Likes Given: 759
US Launch Report video:

Offline Chris Bergin

Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Jdeshetler

• Silicon Valley, CA
  • Liked: 3673
  • Likes Given: 3551
Came across this very cool "Jared-Base"'s photo that dispute the high clouds, he was able to framed his camera correctly in advance to capture the CRS-9's upper flight profile.

Note: I can't find this photo link for his credit so let me know where the photo link is.Thank Rocketguy101!
« Last Edit: 07/20/2016 05:58 pm by Jdeshetler »

Offline rocketguy101

• Strib's Rocket Page
  • Liked: 244
  • Likes Given: 888
Came across this very cool photo that dispute the high clouds, this photographer was able to framed his camera correctly in advance to capture the CRS-9's flight profile.

Note: I can't find this photo link for his credit so let me know where the photo link is.

this guy? https://twitter.com/baserunner0723/status/754913020233515009
David

Online catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 8822
  • Likes Given: 7826
SpaceX Best Booster 7.22.2016

USLaunchReport

Published on Jul 22, 2016
CRS9 looks to be in very good shape. The flag and Falcon logo look almost new. We know this will become routine; just believe incredible how fast the company is progressing too reusability.

Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography