Author Topic: Luch Network  (Read 2542 times)

Offline Prober

• Save the spin....I'm keeping you honest!
  • Nevada
  • Liked: 721
  • Likes Given: 729
Luch Network
« on: 08/02/2012 03:56 pm »
http://www.russianspaceweb.com/luch5a.html

"In May 2012, Luch-5B went through thermal and vacuum test and its launch was scheduled for Aug. 30, 2012. By that time, Luch-5B was assigned a position at 16 degrees West longitude, where it was promised to provide communications with the ISS. As of March 2012, the launch was expected in July 2012, however by April, the mission slipped to the middle or end of August 2012. Before the end of May 2012, the launch was set for August 30, however around the same time, an official document indicated that the mission was scheduled for October."

I'm trying to understand the communications system, and what & when it will give more to the ISS.  Can you point in the right direction?

Found this in the launch schedule 2014 first quarter – KazSat-3, Luch-5V – Proton-M/Briz-M – Baikonur.   Do we need the Luch-5V before the communication system works?

2017 - Everything Old is New Again.
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant..." --Isoroku Yamamoto

Offline anik

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 955
  • Likes Given: 368
Re: Luch Network
« Reply #1 on: 08/09/2012 03:32 pm »
Luch-5A satellite was launched in December 2011 and it is now in 95E position. Luch 5B will be in 16W position and Luch 5V - in 167E position. Three Luch satellites allow to cover by communications all ISS flight trajectory. They will provide transmission of telemetry, scientific, video and voice data from the Russian segment of ISS. The needed equipment for communication through Luch system will be delivered to ISS by 2013.

Offline Prober

• Save the spin....I'm keeping you honest!
  • Nevada
  • Liked: 721
  • Likes Given: 729
Re: Luch Network
« Reply #2 on: 08/09/2012 05:41 pm »
Luch-5A satellite was launched in December 2011 and it is now in 95E position. Luch 5B will be in 16W position and Luch 5V - in 167E position. Three Luch satellites allow to cover by communications all ISS flight trajectory. They will provide transmission of telemetry, scientific, video and voice data from the Russian segment of ISS. The needed equipment for communication through Luch system will be delivered to ISS by 2013.

Thx for the info Anik and we look forward to the fine communication upgrades for the ISS.
2017 - Everything Old is New Again.
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant..." --Isoroku Yamamoto

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography