Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Next
I'd say that *if* no major problems arise (need a radical change to TPS plan, accident massively damages ground facilities or gets a FAA pause on launches) Starship could be ready for a Polaris 3 type mission by 2025. They might manage 1 flight this year, and by 2024 they should be able to launch from Florida so no longer limited to 5/year.

But I don't see NASA astronauts flying on it from Earth until much later.
Why not Terran (specifically vs ABL - Firefly's prior launch attempt I can see making them more likely)?

Take a look at the first post on this page. And please use this thread to discuss the Terran 1 launch.
Sounding like not too much longer to wait for engines:

https://twitter.com/sciguyspace/status/1574482099981148160

I'm hearing good things about Blue Origin's testing of the second BE-4 flight engine, which United Launch Alliance is eagerly waiting for. First flight engine should ship back to Texas soon. Hopefully Blue will release some images or video of the BE-4 in action
Blue Origin / Re: Blue Origin's BE-4 Engine
« Last post by FutureSpaceTourist on Today at 07:37 pm »
https://twitter.com/sciguyspace/status/1574482099981148160

I'm hearing good things about Blue Origin's testing of the second BE-4 flight engine, which United Launch Alliance is eagerly waiting for. First flight engine should ship back to Texas soon. Hopefully Blue will release some images or video of the BE-4 in action
SpaceX General Section / Re: Starlink @ War
« Last post by Vultur on Today at 07:25 pm »
Is this really the right thread for ITU vs FCC issues/Iran Starlink? I think this is military applications not political/international implications generally.
NASA is at it again - new parachute hidden code!

In February 2021, the parachute of the Perseverance had a hidden code - the solution was a nod to JPL who was a significant contributor to NASA’s Mars mission.

In a recent pre-launch video that explained the detail of the Artemis mission, I found a hidden code in the Orion module parachute. When decoded it reads “Eiffel Tower” - this is a nod to the ESA who is a significant contributor to NASA’s Moon mission.

It would be good to see if this hidden code is visible when the Orion module returns to Earth (or was it just a pre-launch Easter egg by NASA/ESA?)

Video 1 (3 mins) - what I found
Video 2 (3 mins) - how I decoded it
Video 3 (2mins) - why relevant

Let me know your thoughts :)
There's no cryo stand down there.  It appears that B8 is going to be cryo proofed on the launch mount.  But the launch mount has been getting all kinds of steel plating welded all around the internal area, so nothing's going to happen until that work is done.
"Looks like the cryo test stand rolling to the launch site right now."  This is from 9/19. No photo provided.
https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=57219.msg2409951#msg2409951
Yeah, that was mine.  I was mistaken.  It wasn't a cryo stand, it was a transport stand for B7.

Edit: it was dark and the camera view was distant. 
There's no cryo stand down there.  It appears that B8 is going to be cryo proofed on the launch mount.  But the launch mount has been getting all kinds of steel plating welded all around the internal area, so nothing's going to happen until that work is done.
"Looks like the cryo test stand rolling to the launch site right now."  This is from 9/19. No photo provided.
https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=57219.msg2409951#msg2409951
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Next
Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement SkyTale Software GmbH
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography