Author Topic: NASASpaceflight.com L2 Overview and Q&A (2010 to 2015)  (Read 302205 times)

Offline kch

• Liked: 496
  • Likes Given: 8807
Re: NASASpaceflight.com L2 Updated Overview and Q&A
« Reply #140 on: 11/21/2012 11:54 pm »

To the mystery donor who just gave me an upgrade to L2, Thank You!  It's *very* much appreciated.  :D :D :D

Offline AndyX

• Liked: 375
  • Likes Given: 594
« Reply #141 on: 12/15/2012 03:06 pm »
Love L2. Renewing is the most obvious thing to do.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #142 on: 12/15/2012 06:28 pm »
Love L2. Renewing is the most obvious thing to do.

Good man Andy! :)
« Last Edit: 04/12/2013 12:52 pm by Chris Bergin »
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline john smith 19

• Everyplaceelse
  • Liked: 2430
  • Likes Given: 13605
« Reply #143 on: 12/23/2012 05:05 pm »
Many thanks to the mystery donor for my years L2 membership. It's a terrific (and completely unexpected) Christmas present.
MCT ITS BFR SS. The worlds first Methane fueled FFSC engined CFRP SS structure A380 sized aerospaceplane tail sitter capable of Earth & Mars atmospheric flight.First flight to Mars by end of 2022 TBC. T&C apply. Trust nothing. Run your own #s "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof" R. Simberg."Competitve" means cheaper ¬cheap SCramjet proposed 1956. First +ve thrust 2004. US R&D spend to date > $10Bn. #deployed designs. Zero.

Offline Thunderbird5

• "How hard could it be?" TM
  • London, Ol' Blighty
  • Liked: 17
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #144 on: 01/13/2013 04:31 pm »
Remember, L2 isn't just for Christmas, it's for life.

;D

Offline W88Larry

• Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #145 on: 01/28/2013 10:05 pm »
Well I joined L2, only to say thanks for the amazing site and help it pay its way which anyone with a conscience should do, but just minutes in and I can see there's enough content in L2 to keep me occupied for years. Great job building all of that!

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #146 on: 01/30/2013 11:05 pm »
Remember, L2 isn't just for Christmas, it's for life.

;D

Very true sir! ;D

Well I joined L2, only to say thanks for the amazing site and help it pay its way which anyone with a conscience should do, but just minutes in and I can see there's enough content in L2 to keep me occupied for years. Great job building all of that!

Love that Larry, thanks so much! I wish the other 99.9 percent of visitors to this site were of a like mind!
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #147 on: 02/27/2013 04:23 pm »
L2 increased to 10 master sections with the return of the mission special section, which we will use for CRS missions (SpaceX and Orbital).

Offline gbaikie

• Liked: 49
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #148 on: 04/12/2013 11:09 am »
I just noticed an unnamed donor provided me subscription.
I guess by date of message, I should have been checking my messages earlier. I do my best to make up for lost time.
Thank-you, unnamed donor!

Offline MP99

« Reply #149 on: 04/12/2013 11:33 am »
The only bad thing about looking through it is that you can't decide which picture you want as your new desktop background  :D I must have changed mine at least 20 times since yesterday!

I bet there's a way you can setup your desktop to have a slideshow of all your favourites.  :D

cheers, Martin

Offline Ben and Paul

• Liked: 6
« Reply #150 on: 05/04/2013 01:27 pm »
Hi. Me and my family are really into space flight and we love this site's news articles, so we were thinking about getting L2.

Do we need to get separate accounts, or would we be able to use this account between us? It would only be for the PC in the home office, which we take turns in using.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #151 on: 05/04/2013 02:39 pm »
Hi. Me and my family are really into space flight and we love this site's news articles, so we were thinking about getting L2.

Do we need to get separate accounts, or would we be able to use this account between us? It would only be for the PC in the home office, which we take turns in using.

Thanks for the kind words! :)

Yes, you'd only require this account your on right now to be upgraded to L2.

Offline Ben and Paul

• Liked: 6
« Reply #152 on: 05/05/2013 02:41 am »
Thanks Chris. Joined and wow L2 is amazing. Didn't know there was THAT much in there.

First five things out of 10,000 or so was worth the subscription alone. Great to know the subscription is helping the site and not some publishing company with no face too.

Offline Lee Jay

• Elite Veteran
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3603
  • Likes Given: 327
« Reply #153 on: 05/05/2013 02:47 am »
Thanks Chris. Joined and wow L2 is amazing. Didn't know there was THAT much in there.

First five things out of 10,000 or so was worth the subscription alone. Great to know the subscription is helping the site and not some publishing company with no face too.

13 hours since your question post.  I think this points out what a great deal L2 is.  If it makes itself worthwhile in half a day, the other 364 1/2 days of the year are like a free bonus!

Offline Margaret G

• Likes Given: 3
« Reply #154 on: 07/11/2013 07:09 pm »
Hi Chris.

A friend who is interested in NASA told me about this site. I a teacher who is researching materials for a class about astronauts for my 8th grade students.

He told me there are some amazing camcorder videos on L2 filmed by the astronauts during a full reentry including through the fire of reentry and the landing segment.

Is that true?

If so, would I be able to show the videos to my class as part of the materials? I don't mind paying extra.

Thank you,
 Margaret.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #155 on: 07/11/2013 07:19 pm »
Hi Chris.

A friend who is interested in NASA told me about this site. I a teacher who is researching materials for a class about astronauts for my 8th grade students.

He told me there are some amazing camcorder videos on L2 filmed by the astronauts during a full reentry including through the fire of reentry and the landing segment.

Is that true?

If so, would I be able to show the videos to my class as part of the materials? I don't mind paying extra.

Thank you,
 Margaret.

Hey Margaret -

Yep, we've got several of those videos on L2. They start just before the deorbit burn and run through to post landing checks, about 2hrs in length. Best one is STS-115's entry with Atlantis as it's visually wonderful and the crew are very chatty throughout.

L2 Link: http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=4789.0

I can see you're a teacher per your e-mail address (only I can see it ;)) so I'll get you on L2 for free and you can use anything for your class.

Let me know if you need any additional help as we've got a lot more cool stuff in L2 that would get the kids excited. Any chance to get schoolkids into space flight is a big deal and we've helped a number of teachers over the years along these lines.

Check your PMs (the red "My Messages" on the top bar) for your L2 access confirmation message and quick look overview.

Best,
 Chris.

Offline Margaret G

• Likes Given: 3
« Reply #156 on: 07/11/2013 07:39 pm »
Thank you so much for the fast response and the kindness! I tried NASA outreach and education for the past two weeks and couldn't get anyone to reply to an e-mail or answer the phone.

You just gave me everything I want in five minutes!

Thank you, thank you!!
Margaret.

Offline Justin Space

• Extreme Veteran
  • England
  • Liked: 91
  • Likes Given: 293
« Reply #157 on: 08/20/2013 08:46 am »
I doubt there's many/any other sites who would help a teacher and a class like this.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #158 on: 11/03/2013 07:02 pm »
L2 now up to 11 specific sections with the debut of the L2 Orbital (OSC) section, including all vehicles (including Pegasus etc.) and designed mainly for Orbital Antares/Cygnus missions.

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• Regular
  • UK
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #159 on: 12/25/2013 03:47 pm »
Hello just joined L2 and have a question. I'm a little overwhelmed by the hugeness of the archive, but the intro at the top of the thread helped, tag usage and so forth. This thing is big !

(edit by Carl - Rest is a question on a specific L2 section, not here in the open forum).
« Last Edit: 12/25/2013 09:18 pm by Carl G »
I love NSF!

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography