Poll

Should NSF keep the current logo or look for a new one

Keep the current logo
91 (31.5%)
Look at options for a new logo
198 (68.5%)

Total Members Voted: 289

Author Topic: NSF 2017: New Logo - Vote and Design Options - DONE  (Read 52870 times)

Offline imageng

• Let`s go to Mars...
  • Bulgaria
  • Liked: 10
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: NSF 2017: New Logo - Vote and Design Options
« Reply #60 on: 11/21/2016 06:26 pm »
I think a logo needs to be more simple and elegant.
I think it look good enough on a rocket...  8)
Now all we have to do is to convince Chris to start a rocket company... ;D
Have a little faith in my logo man...  ;D
I actually I think you're very talented! :)
Thank you ... I used to have a small advertising agency few years ago... trust me the more simple is one sign the better, but that is not true for web pages, so it is complicated when you want to use the logo for a few purposes...

Offline clongton

• Expert
  • Connecticut
    • Direct Launcher
  • Liked: 7347
  • Likes Given: 3749
« Reply #61 on: 11/21/2016 07:08 pm »
A new logo could be good. But it’s important to keep the “NASA” theme. While this site recognizes, appreciates and even celebrates the accomplishments of other space-faring nations, from the beginning this site has been NASA-centric. If you lose sight of that it will be a fundamental change.  Given that the incoming president is indicating having NASA focus more on exploration, I would suggest a graphic that shows something off-earth. Don’t show any existing launch vehicles of manned spacecraft, because those will all eventually become dated. It would be better, for example, to show one of the planetary probes approaching its target, or a Pioneer entering the heliosphere; something to show NASA engaging in off-world exploration. Just don’t get too fancy with the graphic because the words “NASASPACEFLIGHT.COM” need to be the focus of the new logo.
Chuck - DIRECT co-founder
I started my career on the Saturn-V F-1A engine

Offline imageng

• Let`s go to Mars...
  • Bulgaria
  • Liked: 10
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #62 on: 11/22/2016 05:14 pm »
A new logo could be good. But it’s important to keep the “NASA” theme. While this site recognizes, appreciates and even celebrates the accomplishments of other space-faring nations, from the beginning this site has been NASA-centric. If you lose sight of that it will be a fundamental change.  Given that the incoming president is indicating having NASA focus more on exploration, I would suggest a graphic that shows something off-earth. Don’t show any existing launch vehicles of manned spacecraft, because those will all eventually become dated. It would be better, for example, to show one of the planetary probes approaching its target, or a Pioneer entering the heliosphere; something to show NASA engaging in off-world exploration. Just don’t get too fancy with the graphic because the words “NASASPACEFLIGHT.COM” need to be the focus of the new logo.
I was thinking all night long... and on the end my question is why you don't want a more comercial logo of this website... you still are keeping NASA as main connection and on the same time the old logo is not the same shrift as the NASA logo?
« Last Edit: 11/22/2016 05:29 pm by imageng »

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #63 on: 11/25/2016 05:14 pm »
Thanks! That gives us a lot of food for thought! :)

We'll create a short list over the holidays in mock ups and have the vote!

I tried a few designs directly on the page... but on the end I think you are the one who should decide about the colors...  8)

I really like the third one!
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline mainengine

• Regular
  • Liked: 7
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #64 on: 12/31/2016 09:02 am »
The smooth warm logo from the Shuttle era I loved very much.
The newer ones have more of a technical-cold aura.

Online Semmel

• Germany
  • Liked: 2433
  • Likes Given: 11916
« Reply #65 on: 01/31/2017 07:27 am »
Havn't been here in a while, sorry for the delayed answer. I like the logos very much! Personally, I like the simple ones better as well. I currently dont get the three stripes at the bottom of the F. Makes it look more like a tilted E. Also, the text within the letters looks nice when the logo is large but weird when it is small. Your user image is a good example of that effect imageng.

Chris, is it a requirement to spell out nasaspaceflight.com within the logo? If you go away with the text, the letters can be sleeker and you gain the option of using a fancier font. Also, the three stripes on the right-hand side can go onto the first and second horizontal bar without producing an E - like shape.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #66 on: 01/31/2017 12:22 pm »
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography