Author Topic: Documentary - SPACEWOMAN  (Read 397 times)

Offline jacqmans

• Global Moderator
  • Houten, The Netherlands
  • Liked: 8524
  • Likes Given: 318
Documentary - SPACEWOMAN
« on: 02/12/2024 01:40 pm »
NEW DOCUMENTARY SPACEWOMAN WILL CELEBRATE EILEEN COLLINS: THE FIRST WOMAN EVER TO PILOT AND THEN COMMAND A SPACE SHUTTLE.

London 06 February 2024: Multi award-winning producers Keith Haviland, Haviland Digital [Last Man on the Moon, Chasing the Moon, Gazza] and Natasha Dack Ojumu, Tigerlily [ENO, Blue Bag Life, The Lovers and the Despot] today announce that they are making a new landmark feature documentary called SPACEWOMAN about the extraordinary achievements of Eileen Collins, the first woman to pilot and command a spacecraft, paving the way for the next generation of female space explorers.

The film is based on her memoir “Through the Glass Ceiling to the Stars” written by Eileen and Jonathan H. Ward and is directed by Hannah Berryman [Coco Chanel: Unbuttoned, Rockfield: the Studio on the Farm, Princess Margaret: The Rebel Royal)

Eileen Collins said: "I am enormously excited to be involved with this film project. It is more than my personal journey through life's challenges; it also includes the thrill of flying jets, my determination to be an astronaut, commanding the space shuttle, and the many relationships I built along the way."

This inspirational 90-minute feature documentary will be completed at the end of 2024 for theatrical release in 2025.

https://spacewoman.film/news/f/this-is-a-test
Jacques :-)

Offline Oersted

• Liked: 3998
  • Likes Given: 2723
Re: Documentary - SPACEWOMAN
« Reply #1 on: 02/14/2024 09:59 pm »
Press blurb seems to me a bit incorrect: "the first woman to pilot and command a spacecraft". Wouldn't that be Valentina Tereshkova?

Edit: also stated on the movie website.
« Last Edit: 02/14/2024 10:01 pm by Oersted »

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography