Author Topic: New NSF Feedback Thread  (Read 375384 times)

Offline StephenB

• Liked: 17
  • Likes Given: 201
Re: New NSF Feedback Thread
« Reply #320 on: 05/11/2014 03:00 am »
Over the past week or so I am unable to access L2 forums in Tapatalk. Did something change on the site or perhaps in Tapatalk?

Online MP99

« Reply #321 on: 05/11/2014 11:41 am »
Over the past week or so I am unable to access L2 forums in Tapatalk. Did something change on the site or perhaps in Tapatalk?

It's working OK for me.

Android v4.5.2 on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

Are you logged directly into NSF, or are you using a Tapatalk account?

Cheers, Martin

Offline mikes

• Norwich, UK
  • Liked: 74
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #322 on: 05/11/2014 12:26 pm »

Tapatalk on iPhone lost all my forums a week or two ago - presumably a buggy update. Resubscribed and it picked up my read history fine from NSF (I log in directly).

Try unsub then subscribe again?

Offline StephenB

• Liked: 17
  • Likes Given: 201
« Reply #323 on: 05/11/2014 09:23 pm »
That worked, thanks!

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #324 on: 09/24/2014 01:48 pm »
Some of you may have noticed some cheeky fool had spam hacked an article into the front of site. It was there for no more nine minutes, with the rest of the site unaffected. You had to be on the front page to see it and it wasn't anything offensive. Thanks to everyone who messaged me about it....excellent policing that allowed for a speedy fix.

That fix was its removal, access changed, site CMS scanned - came up clean - and thus all should be good. We'll keep a close eye on it all the same.

Apologies for any surprise from this. First time that's happened.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Lourens

• The Netherlands
  • Liked: 206
  • Likes Given: 304
« Reply #325 on: 09/24/2014 07:49 pm »
Thread title up here ^ above the posting date

I did not easily find anything to do with bookmarking the specific post where you stopped reading a specific thread, using this forum's software. Does that capability exist?

The thread title at the top of each post is a link to that post. At least in Firefox, you can right-click it and choose "Bookmark This Link" to create a bookmark that points to that post. I'd expect other browsers to offer a similar option.

Offline clongton

• Expert
  • Connecticut
    • Direct Launcher
  • Liked: 7348
  • Likes Given: 3749
« Reply #326 on: 09/24/2014 11:46 pm »
Works the same in Chrome.
Chuck - DIRECT co-founder
I started my career on the Saturn-V F-1A engine

Offline rocketguy101

• Strib's Rocket Page
  • Liked: 244
  • Likes Given: 888
« Reply #327 on: 09/25/2014 02:24 am »
Is there a "Today's Posts" button anywhere?  I usually come into forum using "Unread Topics" then "Mark All Read" when I am finished.  Sometimes I recall a post I would like to look at again, knowing it was posted earlier in the day.  It would be nice to hit a button to bring them all up.  There is an "Unread Topics" in the top toolbar, and another at the bottom of the topics table.
David

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #328 on: 09/30/2014 10:18 am »
By the way, Mark did some upgrading this morning. Was supposed to be a few minutes, but lasted a bit longer - so if you noticed the site down, sorry about that......was hoping no one would notice! ;) All complete.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline clevelas

• Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #329 on: 11/16/2014 02:15 pm »
I just stared using tapatalk on my iPad. In some ways I like it better than the regular web browser version. Being able to go full screen with images is really nice. But I've had a few times today when I click an image, it loads fine but then closes back to the thread. Sometimes it takes a few seconds, but usually it's immediate. Just a flash long enough to see the loaded image. Has anyone else experienced this?  I assume it's a tapatalk bug, but I've only used it with with NSF so I thought I'd start here.

Online MP99

« Reply #330 on: 11/16/2014 03:33 pm »

I just stared using tapatalk on my iPad. In some ways I like it better than the regular web browser version. Being able to go full screen with images is really nice. But I've had a few times today when I click an image, it loads fine but then closes back to the thread. Sometimes it takes a few seconds, but usually it's immediate. Just a flash long enough to see the loaded image. Has anyone else experienced this?  I assume it's a tapatalk bug, but I've only used it with with NSF so I thought I'd start here.

There is a thread dedicated to Tapatalk, though I'm not sure it has an answer to your issue:-

http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=32811.0

Cheers, Martin

Offline clevelas

• Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #331 on: 11/17/2014 05:08 am »
Thanks for the link. I'm not having the problem today, so maybe it's just me. I'll repost there if I see it again.

Offline d3jf

• Global Moderator
  • Brno, Czech Republic
  • Liked: 49
  • Likes Given: 186
« Reply #332 on: 11/17/2014 04:02 pm »

I'm having the same problem, but only on my iPhone, my iPad app handles images just fine. It's quite annoying but I don't think NSF developers can do anything about it.

Online Lee Jay

• Elite Veteran
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3603
  • Likes Given: 327
« Reply #333 on: 01/11/2015 08:04 pm »
The forum has stopped following the profile selection for the number of posts shown per page.  I've always had mine set to 50, and it still is.  It's now showing only 10 posts per page.  Resetting it, logging out and logging in, different machine, nothing changed this.  It changed either today or yesterday some time.

Offline seanpg71

• Liked: 49
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #334 on: 01/11/2015 08:57 pm »
The forum has stopped following the profile selection for the number of posts shown per page.  I've always had mine set to 50, and it still is.  It's now showing only 10 posts per page.  Resetting it, logging out and logging in, different machine, nothing changed this.  It changed either today or yesterday some time.

I'm seeing this too.

Online AnalogMan

• Cambridge, UK
  • Liked: 1601
  • Likes Given: 50
« Reply #335 on: 01/11/2015 09:00 pm »

I'm seeing this too.

Ditto

Offline cartman

• Greece
  • Liked: 524
  • Likes Given: 10431
« Reply #336 on: 01/11/2015 09:14 pm »

I'm seeing this too.

Ditto
+1, tried everything i could think of, cleared cookies etc.

Offline NSF Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Almere, The Netherlands
    • NASASpaceFlight.com
  • Liked: 219
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #337 on: 01/11/2015 09:33 pm »
The posts per page issue might me related to some server/software maintenance we had today. We made some adjustments that might had this as a side effect. Please give it a couple of days while we sort this out.

Mark

Online Lee Jay

• Elite Veteran
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3603
  • Likes Given: 327
« Reply #338 on: 01/11/2015 09:37 pm »
Thanks, Mark.

Offline rayleighscatter

• Maryland
  • Liked: 565
  • Likes Given: 238
« Reply #339 on: 01/12/2015 01:39 am »
Also getting a problem where the forums aren't showing the correct number of pages in a thread, and when I click on what appears to be the highest page number, it takes me to the second most recent page.

So for instance, this thread on the forum shows there being 17 pages, and when I click on 17 it takes me to page 33, of 34.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography