Author Topic: SpaceX F9 / Crew Dragon : Crew-2 : 22 April 2021 - DISCUSSION  (Read 170302 times)

Offline ThePonjaX

• BsAs. - Argentina
  • Liked: 227
  • Likes Given: 904
I read the Crew-1 thread and this one but I couldn't find if the actual schedule for these missions it's the original or because Boeing Starliner isn't flying yet. 
Or that is discussed in another thread?

Offline intelati

I read the Crew-1 thread and this one but I couldn't find if the actual schedule for these missions it's the original or because Boeing Starliner isn't flying yet. 
Or that is discussed in another thread?

They have always penciled in the flights. The schedule was mostly dependent on which hardware was available first. With the success of SpaceX, they have taken the lead for the flights.

In other words, both.
Starships are meant to fly

Offline vp.

• France
  • Liked: 38
  • Likes Given: 1
Will Crew-2 go to the ISS before Crew-1 returns to earth ?

I was just thinking about this.  By design the two providers are up there on  staggered six month duration.  Until Boeing is certified SpaceX will have to step up and advance Crew-2 schedule. 
My question is how much?  I think a month for the hand over time.  They get more done with more people.  It would also take the pressure off NASA.

Offline gongora

• Global Moderator
  • US
  • Liked: 11606
  • Likes Given: 5185

I was just thinking about this.  By design the two providers are up there on  staggered six month duration.  Until Boeing is certified SpaceX will have to step up and advance Crew-2 schedule. 
My question is how much?  I think a month for the hand over time.  They get more done with more people.  It would also take the pressure off NASA.

Soyuz is still flying.  That would be 11 people on station for a month at a time.  That's not likely.

Offline AndrewRG10

• Brisbane, Australia
  • Liked: 364
  • Likes Given: 290

Soyuz is still flying.  That would be 11 people on station for a month at a time.  That's not likely.

The ISS could support 13 for a week with the help of a Shuttle so I imagine the handover period will be no more than a week, roughly the same time the Soyuz does for handover.

Fine.  Wishful thinking.  Not a month.  My point is Crew-1 can't go anywhere until relived by Crew-2.

Offline gongora

• Global Moderator
  • US
  • Liked: 11606
  • Likes Given: 5185
Fine.  Wishful thinking.  Not a month.  My point is Crew-1 can't go anywhere until relived by Crew-2.

Not necessarily.  I think we've seen intention from NASA to do direct handovers but it is not required.  The Soyuz crews will be staggered with the crews on the American vehicles.

Offline kdhilliard

• Kirk
  • Tanstaa, FL
  • Liked: 1398
  • Likes Given: 3488
Not necessarily.  I think we've seen intention from NASA to do direct handovers but it is not required.  ...
Agreed. NASA bought a seat on MS-17, launching 14 October, for Kate Rubins to relieve Chris Cassidy, so yes, while I believe they are looking to do a direct handover, it is not required.

Offline FutureSpaceTourist

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 55825
  • Likes Given: 25188
https://twitter.com/thesheetztweetz/status/1289215694731534336

On his wife @Astro_Megan getting picked to fly Crew-2, Behnken said: "She's super excited to be assigned to a SpaceX mission ... of course I'll have a lot of tips for her, a lot of them will be about how life on space station goes."

Offline jacqmans

• Global Moderator
  • Houten, The Netherlands
  • Liked: 8046
  • Likes Given: 316
Some crew-2 training images

Offline jacqmans

• Global Moderator
  • Houten, The Netherlands
  • Liked: 8046
  • Likes Given: 316

Offline FutureSpaceTourist

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 55825
  • Likes Given: 25188
https://twitter.com/thesheetztweetz/status/1294339936603308032

As Crew-1 will be the first six month mission for Crew Dragon, the Oct. 23 launch date means there will be a handover at the ISS between these four astronauts and the next four launching on Crew-2 in spring 2021.

Offline SMS

• Regular
    • Astronauts & their spaceflights
  • Liked: 2035
  • Likes Given: 246
---
SMS ;-).

Offline SMS

• Regular
---
SMS ;-).

Offline SMS

• Regular
---
SMS ;-).

Offline snotis

From NASA SMSR master schedule (Safety and Mission Success Review) for Crew-2:

SORR (Stage Operations Readiness Review): 3/4/2021
FRR (Flight Readiness Review): 3/23/2021
Launch: 3/30/2021

(Source: CoFR (Certification Of Flight Readiness) matrix dated 8/18/2020)

https://sma.nasa.gov/docs/default-source/sma-disciplines-and-programs/smsr/smsr-intergrated-master-schedule_24feb2020.pdf?sfvrsn=8290faf8_4

Offline ddspaceman

GT: 45 years of cockpit evolution !!
Star struck
  I had the chance to be at the controls of the very analog (and hyper reliable) #Soyuz, of the @ Airbus
 Airbus A310 from Novespace, from the A350, then finally from @SpaceX
 Crew Dragon and its (almost) fully digital cockpit. #AvGeek

https://twitter.com/Thom_astro/status/1306589832269803520

Offline ddspaceman

https://twitter.com/Thom_astro/status/1307228151181967361

Translated from French by Google:
The mission is approaching is the moment to think about what objects, symbolic or personal, I will take with me
Luggage
 . What would you take in my place?
Thinking face
 All suggestions are accepted if they are justified!
Thinking face
#MissionAlpha

Offline SMS

• Regular
---
SMS ;-).

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement SkyTale Software GmbH