Author Topic: The SpaceX Boca Chica Content Providers Appreciation Thread  (Read 103636 times)

Offline AndyE

• Liked: 84
  • Likes Given: 44
Re: The SpaceX Boca Chica Content Providers Appreciation Thread
« Reply #40 on: 04/06/2019 03:30 pm »
Many thanks. Some great pictures and absolutely unreal video!

Keep up the good work!  :)
« Last Edit: 04/06/2019 03:30 pm by AndyE »
Acronyms are the enemy of understanding. Why not spell them out and let everyone understand what you are saying?

Offline OldGold

• North Carolina
  • Liked: 64
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #41 on: 04/06/2019 03:46 pm »
You guys are amazing!  Weíre witnessing history right here.  And you all are giving us front row seats!

Like, in a hundred years, these images and videos will be the stuff historians are digging through to see how it all started.  This is the stuff of legend!

Offline CuddlyRocket

Will add my heartfelt thanks to all those who (at their own time and expense) keep us informed about SpaceX's progress and activities, especially at Boca Chica but also elsewhere. I trust and hope that when the history books of this period are written that you all get a mention! :)

Offline billh

• Houston
  • Liked: 933
  • Likes Given: 626
« Reply #43 on: 04/06/2019 03:47 pm »
The coverage of everything going on in Boca Chica has been absolutely amazing!! Even more amazing, it is all being done by volunteers! You guys (and gals!) are awesome!! Thanks to everyone who has posted a picture or video, sat outside for hours to live stream a test, flown over in an airplane, or flown a (legal) drone. You've made it possible for thousands of us to feel like we are really there. You rock!!!  8) 8) 8)

Offline Ionmars

• North Carolina, USA
  • Liked: 653
  • Likes Given: 1771
« Reply #44 on: 04/06/2019 03:51 pm »
Thank your updates are my first news read every day.

Offline mjcrsmith

• Harvard, IL
  • Liked: 47
  • Likes Given: 87
« Reply #45 on: 04/06/2019 04:03 pm »
Thank you all for. keeping us up to date on these historic events and keeping NSF as the number 1 place for accurate information. Great Job!
« Last Edit: 04/06/2019 04:04 pm by mjcrsmith »

Offline flyright

• Denver, Colorado
  • Liked: 716
  • Likes Given: 1829
« Reply #46 on: 04/06/2019 04:07 pm »
What's going on in Boca Chica is inspiring, wondrous, and truly historic. Having it documented, close-up, as it happens, has been a very exciting thing for me, and a gift to the world for generations to come.
Thank you Nomadd, Bocachicagal, and all the others who have been contributing the last few years in these NSF threads.

It's nice to wake up and be wondering what amazing things are happening in Boca Chica, and knowing that the clues will be found here in the NSF threads.

Offline KSHavre

• KSHavre
  • Portland, OR
  • Liked: 89
  • Likes Given: 272
« Reply #47 on: 04/06/2019 04:33 pm »
I add at least a dozen views every day, and can't thank all the locals enough for the amazing photos, videos and color commentary!

Now wondering how the heck did Nomadd know where to live...

BTW I actually called a real estate agent in Brownsville to look for property 2-3 years ago. My wife won out and we stayed in Oregon :'(

However, she promised we would be sailing in the Gulf once SS starts flying. I will be reaching out to you all in Boca Chica for a view from the water and buy you a beer!  ;D

Offline Johnnyhinbos

• Boston, MA
  • Liked: 8085
  • Likes Given: 939
« Reply #48 on: 04/06/2019 04:37 pm »
I add at least a dozen views every day, and can't thank all the locals enough for the amazing photos, videos and color commentary!

BTW I actually called a real estate agent in Brownsville to look for property 2-3 years ago. My wife won out and we stayed in Oregon :'(

However, she promised we would be sailing in the Gulf once SS starts flying. I will be reaching out to you all in Boca Chica for a view from the water and buy you a beer!  ;D
Funny - because down the road I was planning on running Sequel down there too - it’s a pretty big trip from New England, but I’ve already made a 1,200 mile trip up the ICW, so it’s doable. Maybe one day we’ll have a NSF Boca Chica armada meetup...
John Hanzl. Author, action / adventure www.johnhanzl.com

Offline Nilof

• Liked: 592
  • Likes Given: 707
« Reply #49 on: 04/06/2019 04:39 pm »
Thanks! x2

(number of thanks will be updated for every static fire going forward)
For a variable Isp spacecraft running at constant power and constant acceleration, the mass ratio is linear in delta-v.   Δv = ve0(MR-1). Or equivalently: Δv = vef PMF. Also, this is energy-optimal for a fixed delta-v and mass ratio.

Offline RDoc

• Liked: 123
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #50 on: 04/06/2019 04:40 pm »
Let me add my thanks as well. Plus, I'm astounded by all the updates, photos and comments.

Thanks very much, it's all very much appreciated.

Ralph

Online Coastal Ron

• I live... along the coast
  • Liked: 9407
  • Likes Given: 11157
« Reply #51 on: 04/06/2019 04:41 pm »
It is with no small amount of pride that I promote NSF to others when I talk about what SpaceX is doing in Boca Chica. And it is obvious the pride that all of our on-site contributors have in what they are doing.

You are also journalists, even though you are not paid to do what you do. A journalist is "a person who collects, writes, or distributes news or other current information to the public", and your small spot in this big world has a lot going on.

Thank you for your time and contributions, and know that I am one of the many that appreciates the standards you hold yourselves to. Your stories, even when they are filled with frustration, are a worthy view into this moment of history.
If we don't continuously lower the cost to access space, how are we ever going to afford to expand humanity out into space?

Offline Ludus

• Liked: 1229
  • Likes Given: 959
« Reply #52 on: 04/06/2019 04:43 pm »
Many thanks. Your posts are the first news I look at and it often makes my day when you share your front row seat to history.

Offline AC in NC

• Raleigh NC
  • Liked: 3607
  • Likes Given: 1922
« Reply #53 on: 04/06/2019 04:56 pm »
I have a strange difficulty with "Thank You's".  As an example, I often have the personal opinion that "Thank you for your service" is kind of a throw-away line no matter how sincerely it's offered.  When I chose to thank an officer one time, I found a time where I could spend a few moments and share some heartfelt sentiments that showed that I'd thought deeply about what they do and the personal challenges involved.

So with that said let me provide a simple, but quite earnest Thank You!!! to all the Boca Chica content providers.  Crowd sourcing really is something almost magical.

But I really feel compelled to particularly thank bocachicalgal and Nomadd.  This wonderful NSF that Chris has created and husbanded into such a uniquely positive niche on the internet is like an extended family.  Through bocachicagal and Nomadd's work it's not hard to feel like we've come to know you and are a close friend even if we rarely or never have even exchanged messages.

We are grateful and there really is no proper "thanks" that is truly sufficient but know that you have friends in every corner of the country anytime you need.

edit:  for typos and grammar
« Last Edit: 04/06/2019 05:01 pm by AC in NC »

Offline GregTheGrumpy

I too wish to express my appreciation.  Any thanks I can type woefully under represent the depth of my appreciation.  I am daily checking in on the threads and really appreciate the super crisp imagery and details on what's happening in that location.

Blessings,
-g

Offline Slarty1080

• UK
  • Liked: 1727
  • Likes Given: 767
« Reply #55 on: 04/06/2019 05:24 pm »
Seems Iím a little late to the party here as Iíve been too busy reading everything else on site, but thanks Bocachicagal (and all others who have submitted content) for your efforts.

The demon hopper picture with the red eyes fire and smoke must be an all-time classic, looks like something out of war of the worlds. And that raptor engine noise both loud and weird. Hopefully heard as far away as Washington DCÖ ;D

PS I hope your house is OK
My optimistic hope is that it will become cool to really think about things... rather than just doing reactive bullsh*t based on no knowledge (Brian Cox)

Offline Nomadd

• Highway Whatever
  • Liked: 58469
  • Likes Given: 1143
« Reply #56 on: 04/06/2019 06:01 pm »
Hear, Hear!

We are so lucky and grateful to have each and every one of them. And their wonderful pictures.

Oh, and the stories  :)

It's Bergin's fault. If it wasn't for this asylum, I never would have found the place.

I'm making bcg do all the work for a while until I'm done fooling around in the old countries
« Last Edit: 04/06/2019 06:06 pm by Nomadd »
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.

Offline Jamie Young

• This custom rank is currently being decided on
  • Denver
  • Liked: 39
  • Likes Given: 147
« Reply #57 on: 04/06/2019 06:03 pm »
When we're landing on Mars with Raptors, we'll look back on these threads with fond memories. Thanks for helping us all follow along!

Offline fthomassy

• Austin, Texas, Earth, Sol, Orion, Milky-Way, Virgo, Bang 42
  • Liked: 170
  • Likes Given: 2938
« Reply #58 on: 04/06/2019 06:17 pm »
Chris ... thanks for this thread but so much more!

By my like ratio you may guess I mostly read so the doers on NSF have my greatest appreciation. Nomadd and BCG do so much. But I donít want to ignore to the many (too many to name) who bring in and link other content and add valuable insight. Iím grateful to you all.

Offline punder

• Liked: 1698
  • Likes Given: 1318
« Reply #59 on: 04/06/2019 06:23 pm »
Yes, thanks to the "Boca Chica Press Club" who will provide even more exciting news and images in the near future and beyond, and thanks to NSF for providing the perfect newsroom for their efforts!

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement SkyTale Software GmbH
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography