Author Topic: The SpaceX Boca Chica Content Providers Appreciation Thread  (Read 103641 times)

Online kessdawg

• Liked: 298
  • Likes Given: 1428
Re: The SpaceX Boca Chica Content Providers Appreciation Thread
« Reply #20 on: 04/06/2019 02:17 pm »
Yes, thanks everyone!  The constant content sates my addiction to rocket news!  It also means my friends aren't as likely to have me committed to the loony bin for constantly babbling about a flying water tower :)

Offline Kang54

• Denmark
  • Liked: 98
  • Likes Given: 2572
« Reply #21 on: 04/06/2019 02:19 pm »
Also thanks from me to everybody, especially those who are on the front lines.

I've been following for a long while, from back when the most exciting thing was a century plant and now we have amazing videos of an evil R2D2 spewing fire. With Falcon SpaceX was rewriting the book of Rocketry - now they have burned and exorcised the book, completely revolutionizing everything we (or at least I) knew about building rockets. And thanks to Nomadd and BocaChicaGal we can watch it up front! I can't put into words what this means to me, but thanks!

Also thanks to Chris for making NSF such an amazing place to follow and discuss this.
« Last Edit: 04/06/2019 02:30 pm by Kang54 »

Online Quintus

• Liked: 10
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #22 on: 04/06/2019 02:20 pm »
Hi, Quintus here...long-term lurker on the best Space site in the known Universe! I donít normally post...Iím not an engineer or any kind of expert but couldnít not accept Chrisís invitation to thank the wonderful team whoíve been keeping us continuously informed visually and in print regarding the amazing events at Boca Chica. Incredible job done by everyone involved! Thank you so much!! 😊

Offline Andy DC

• Liked: 80
  • Likes Given: 155
« Reply #23 on: 04/06/2019 02:25 pm »
BCG and all. You rock and the NSF army have your back if you get any problems from idiots. That is all. :)

Offline jsteve

• Liked: 30
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #24 on: 04/06/2019 02:31 pm »
Yes, thanks BC folks for providing me with most of my entertainment,  and thanks to Elon for all the best stuff on this planet right now.

Offline shiro

• Liked: 37
  • Likes Given: 160
« Reply #25 on: 04/06/2019 02:43 pm »
Hello NSF  :D

Just registered here to thank everyone posting photos and videos. It`s absolutely amazing that we have all this real-time coverage about SpaceX progress in Boca Chica. It became possible not just because SpaceX decided to assemble rockets in an open field, but also because all of you - BocaChicaGal, Nomadd, @LabPadre, Chris and others - did an excellent job on reporting. Thank you so much!

Offline AndyFranks

• Exeter, England
  • Liked: 13
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #26 on: 04/06/2019 02:44 pm »
I follow all rockets and being able to follow some from birth is amazing. Thank you to all the providers of content, especially BocaChicaGal and Nomadd and thanks to the live streamers!

Offline F9man

• Liked: 6822
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #27 on: 04/06/2019 02:48 pm »
From the landy crew, thanks for covering the hoppy crew! And I think it's really important to add that coverage in context and with respect is so important. The way NSF keeps the context, like pointing out its an incremental test program that will take time to progress to various hop levels, is so good.

I'll have to admit that I haven't been as "obsessed" as other about this, but none the less, I would love to offer my appreciation to Nomadd, BocaChicaGal, and @LabPadre for all their video and pictures. It's great to see the progress and I really appreciate folks who do this just because they want to.

Sad but true about the ugly posters. They've ruined plenty of other blog's comments sections and such.

Keep up the good work you three and all others who keep us up to date on the space industry!

Offline sonic314

HUGE Thanks to all of the people providing coverage and recording history in Boca Chica. I'm a space lover stuck in the middle of the cornfields of Illinois. This is great stuff you're documenting. Keep up the great work!

Offline Luc

• Liked: 86
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #30 on: 04/06/2019 02:56 pm »
Excellent OP!

Thanks so much to the Boca China folks for your continuing efforts to document history in the making.

Offline skyguy

• Enthusiast
  • Liked: 23
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #31 on: 04/06/2019 02:58 pm »
Thanks to all the Boca Chica contributors for sharing and feeding my obsession with the events and details.  This continues to be so much fun to watch a project with such prospects at every stage of development.

Offline Wargrim

• Berlin, Germany
  • Liked: 1029
  • Likes Given: 552
« Reply #32 on: 04/06/2019 03:03 pm »
A very heartfelt thank you to all the people down there acting as our eyes and ears! It is obvious that you put more time and effort into your coverage than we could ever reasonably ask for, so it is truely appreciated!  :)

Offline Rocket Science

• NASA Educator Astronaut Candidate Applicant 2002
  • Liked: 4545
  • Likes Given: 13523
« Reply #33 on: 04/06/2019 03:04 pm »
Welcome to all the first time posters! :) Great idea Chris and many-many thank you's to the Boca Chica team and their tireless contributions! 8)
"The laws of physics are unforgiving"
~Rob: Physics instructor, Aviator

Offline jerwah

• Liked: 85
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #34 on: 04/06/2019 03:04 pm »
Definitely! Thank you all. The breadth and depth of information here is second to none.

The hard work is greatly appreciated

Offline RichAM

• Texas
  • Liked: 29
  • Likes Given: 76
« Reply #35 on: 04/06/2019 03:05 pm »
Thanks for doing this. That update thread is a million views in a very short time. That says it all per the interest. Now to show our appreciation in this thread! Thanks everyone listed in the OP!

Offline DaveTX

• Houston
  • Liked: 44
  • Likes Given: 90
« Reply #36 on: 04/06/2019 03:12 pm »
Required viewing because the coverage is so frequent and ongoing. Thanks BCG, Nomadd and all for the awesome L2 and public threads!

Offline Cheapchips

• UK
  • Liked: 794
  • Likes Given: 1742
« Reply #37 on: 04/06/2019 03:14 pm »
I'd like to add to the thanks for these fantastic photos and updates.

Also a special call out for Nomadds bonus wildlife pics.   :)

Offline davetry

• Weymouth, UK
  • Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #38 on: 04/06/2019 03:24 pm »
I'm another longtime lurker interested in this recent acceleration of the use of space.  I have to add my thanks to all the people in the local area near Boca Chica who are our eyes and ears for this stuff -
Nomadd, BocaChicaGal, Austin and the Sth Padre Isle people.

It is simply great to be several thousand miles away and still be in close touch with the action!

Offline webdan

• Clearwater, FL
  • Liked: 252
  • Likes Given: 272
« Reply #39 on: 04/06/2019 03:25 pm »
Hear, Hear!

We are so lucky and grateful to have each and every one of them. And their wonderful pictures.

Oh, and the stories  :)

Now wondering how the heck did Nomadd know where to live...

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement SkyTale Software GmbH
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography