Author Topic: Space Test Program STP H-5  (Read 932 times)

Offline catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 8787
  • Likes Given: 7815
Space Test Program STP H-5
« on: 02/09/2018 01:32 am »

Space Test Program launch of STP H-5

Space and Missile Systems Center Los Angeles AFB
Published on Feb 8, 2018

The Space Test Program (STP) is the primary provider of spaceflight for the United States Department of Defense (DoD) space science and technology community. STP is conducted by the Advanced Systems and Development Directorate, a directorate of the Space and Missile Systems Center of the United States Air Force.  STP provides spaceflight via the International Space Station, piggybacks, secondary payloads and dedicated launch services.  The  International Space Station hosts hundreds of scientific experiments, but much of the computation and analysis for these experiments is done on the ground, where scientists have access to more powerful computers. The STP-H5 SpaceCube - Mini is a miniaturized version of a hybrid computer processor that provides a 10- to 100-fold improvement in on-board computing power while lowering power consumption and cost. The processor can be used in CubeSats, SmallSats and other applications, reducing the need for transferring large amounts of data to Earth for processing.

Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography