Author Topic: New NSF Feedback Thread  (Read 374557 times)

Offline Chris Bergin

New NSF Feedback Thread
« on: 09/08/2013 11:50 pm »
Thread for your feedback!

Please note, there will be some individual cases where it's not looking perfect in their browser, so when you state any problem you may have, appreciate it's probably just you.

The thread will be dealt with by Jester and Mark over the coming days. I'll do what I can, but I'm useless at such things, so appreciate I probably won't be the one who'll know.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline rdale

• Assistant to the Chief Meteorologist
  • Lansing MI
  • Liked: 1414
  • Likes Given: 171
Re: New NSF Feedback Thread
« Reply #1 on: 09/08/2013 11:51 pm »
Tapatalk is showing wrong times. Latest posts indicate 4 hours old. Profile is correct on website with EDT -4 correctly showing times.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #2 on: 09/08/2013 11:53 pm »
Unread topics are back.
« Last Edit: 09/08/2013 11:53 pm by Chris Bergin »
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline QuantumG

• Australia
  • Liked: 4477
  • Likes Given: 1108
« Reply #3 on: 09/08/2013 11:53 pm »
Awesome, quick work!
Human spaceflight is basically just LARPing now.

Offline Tcommon

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: 09/08/2013 11:54 pm »
Page doesn't resize properly; there is a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom, and the advertisement/'booster site' frame falls off the right side of the page. Same problem on Firefox.v23, Tor, IE.v10 and Chrome.v29.

Offline Jester

• Administrator
  • Earth
  • Liked: 6533
  • Likes Given: 157
« Reply #5 on: 09/08/2013 11:54 pm »
Tapatalk is showing wrong times. Latest posts indicate 4 hours old. Profile is correct on website with EDT -4 correctly showing times.

probably due to the server move, I updated the site only 20 minutes ago, might need time to push the update through....

Offline Jester

• Administrator
  • Earth
  • Liked: 6533
  • Likes Given: 157
« Reply #6 on: 09/08/2013 11:55 pm »
Page doesn't resize properly; there is a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom, and the advertisement/'booster site' frame falls off the right side of the page. Same problem on Firefox.v23, Tor, IE.v10 and Chrome.v29.

crtl-r refresh your cache, if that doesnt work, whats your screensize ? I hope its not 640x480....

Offline Jason Davies

• Regular
  • Liked: 66
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #7 on: 09/08/2013 11:56 pm »
Awesome! Everything looks great and displays perfect on my PC, laptop and Android. Very sexy, and L2 feels very L2 now!

Very fast too! Did you change servers?

Offline rickl

• Pennsylvania, USA
  • Liked: 146
  • Likes Given: 150
« Reply #8 on: 09/09/2013 12:02 am »
As I said on the Downtime thread:

The headings are all in one row on the forum pages, but the home page and all news pages show the headings Unmanned and Other on a second row.  This persists even if I make the window full screen. I'm using Safari on a Mac.

The forum pages are wider.  I don't know how to describe the width in terms of pixels, but the logo is closer to the headline bar on the home page.

Anyway, that's the only problem I can see, and it's a minor cosmetic flaw which doesn't affect functionality.  Great job, everyone.  The new look is very nice.
« Last Edit: 09/09/2013 12:02 am by rickl »
The Space Age is just starting to get interesting.

Offline NSF Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Almere, The Netherlands
    • NASASpaceFlight.com
  • Liked: 219
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #9 on: 09/09/2013 12:03 am »

I just corrected the server time settings, can you take a look at your profile again (http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?action=profile;) and see if the time there is displayed correctly for you ? After that, try again in tapatalk

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #10 on: 09/09/2013 12:03 am »

This rev included a new server package, but the speed is likely the upgraded database.

(Not that I know about such things ;))

Offline Tcommon

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: 09/09/2013 12:03 am »

crtl-r refresh your cache, if that doesnt work, whats your screensize ? I hope its not 640x480....
ctrl-shift-r refresh didn't help.

Screen resolutions is 1024x768.

Not having this problem with other websites.

<edit>
one of the bars up top says this;  "element {    width: 1080px;"
is that a problem?
« Last Edit: 09/09/2013 12:08 am by Tcommon »

Offline NSF Webmaster

• Administrator
    • NASASpaceFlight.com
« Reply #12 on: 09/09/2013 12:04 am »
In all three browsers on my macbook (chrome, FF and Safari) I couldn't reproduce it. Will try this when I'm back in the office and can try this on a desktop Mac.

As I said on the Downtime thread:

The headings are all in one row on the forum pages, but the home page and all news pages show the headings Unmanned and Other on a second row.  This persists even if I make the window full screen. I'm using Safari on a Mac.

The forum pages are wider.  I don't know how to describe the width in terms of pixels, but the logo is closer to the headline bar on the home page.

Anyway, that's the only problem I can see, and it's a minor cosmetic flaw which doesn't affect functionality.  Great job, everyone.  The new look is very nice.

Offline NSF Webmaster

• Administrator
    • NASASpaceFlight.com
« Reply #13 on: 09/09/2013 12:05 am »
We did change gears recently didn't we ? :)

This rev included a new server package, but the speed is likely the upgraded database.

(Not that I know about such things ;))

Offline wholmeswa

• Liked: 16
  • Likes Given: 143
« Reply #14 on: 09/09/2013 12:08 am »
Did a search in Tapatalk. When used the login button I see a popup with "Access Denied. This forum is currently not available, please try again later."

Wayne

Offline NSF Webmaster

• Administrator
    • NASASpaceFlight.com
« Reply #15 on: 09/09/2013 12:11 am »
Was just looking at it :). I'll add some CSS rules to scale back on 1024 screens, will be online tomorrow hopefully.

ctrl-shift-r refresh didn't help.

Screen resolutions is 1024x768.

Not having this problem with other websites.

<edit>
one of the bars up top says this;  "element {    width: 1080px;"
is that a problem?

Offline rickl

• Pennsylvania, USA
  • Liked: 146
  • Likes Given: 150
« Reply #16 on: 09/09/2013 12:11 am »

I just corrected the server time settings, can you take a look at your profile again (http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?action=profile;) and see if the time there is displayed correctly for you ?

It was before, but now it isn't.  It shows 3:09 pm and my actual time is 8:09.  I'm in the -4 time zone, which is set correctly in my profile.
The Space Age is just starting to get interesting.

Offline psloss

• Veteran armchair spectator
  • Liked: 4046
  • Likes Given: 2089
« Reply #17 on: 09/09/2013 12:11 am »
The latest posts here are offset by five hours for me -- showing 3 pm whereas it's 8 pm local here, just past 'all zeros', 9 September in UTC.  My profile is -4 offset, with that page saying "Current forum time: 09/08/2013 07:10 PM"...which is off by one.
« Last Edit: 09/09/2013 12:14 am by psloss »

Offline NSF Webmaster

• Administrator
    • NASASpaceFlight.com
« Reply #18 on: 09/09/2013 12:14 am »
Server time is :

Sun Sep  8 19:12:27 CDT 2013

(based in Dallas)

Calculated from there, are you still in -4 ? My profile is showing (with auto-detect) a +6 difference from Dallas which is correct.

I just corrected the server time settings, can you take a look at your profile again (http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?action=profile;) and see if the time there is displayed correctly for you ?

It was before, but now it isn't.  It shows 3:09 pm and my actual time is 8:09.  I'm in the -4 time zone, which is set correctly in my profile.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #19 on: 09/09/2013 12:14 am »
I corrected the time by:

"Profile"

"Look and Layout"

Then this.....remember, the host is in Texas, so for me it was six hours - and autodetect did it right. Then go to the bottom and hit update or change.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography