Author Topic: Flight crew assignments questions  (Read 45293 times)

Offline Ben E

• Liked: 101
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Flight crew assignments questions
« Reply #160 on: 04/17/2024 04:17 am »
Assuming Starliner-10 does indeed fly in the USCV-10 spot in early 2025, can we therefore expect the Soyuz MS-27 crew line-up to be an all-Russian affair?

With a USCV-10 crewed entirely by USOS personnel, I can't imagine the Russians would agree to giving up a seat to a U.S. astronaut on Soyuz MS-27 and have five USOS and only two Russian crew members on station.

Online John_Marshall

• Minneapolis
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 134
« Reply #161 on: 04/17/2024 03:55 pm »
Assuming Starliner-10 does indeed fly in the USCV-10 spot in early 2025, can we therefore expect the Soyuz MS-27 crew line-up to be an all-Russian affair?

With a USCV-10 crewed entirely by USOS personnel, I can't imagine the Russians would agree to giving up a seat to a U.S. astronaut on Soyuz MS-27 and have five USOS and only two Russian crew members on station.

I would expect so, unless the rumor that I heard about a spaceflight participant on MS-28 comes true, in which case it would seem that there would have to be an American on MS-27 so that Russia keeps its word and launches one American per year.

Offline David27

• UK
  • Liked: 7
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #162 on: 04/18/2024 10:46 am »

Cool! Thanks! I was assuming it, but I didn't know if he would fly on Starliner regardless or whether he would fly on USCV-10 and Onishi would fly on USCV-11 regardless of which ships flew which flights.

John, I think your assumption is right. I think that Yui is certainly aimed at USCV-10 no matter which vehicle flies that slot. That would also explain the lack of official announcement regarding his assignment. I'm guessing we'll find out for sure after CFT.

PS; I'm still wondering why Yui was bumped from Crew-9 in the first place?

« Reply #163 on: 04/29/2024 01:26 pm »
Does anybody have the name of Don Pettit back-up for MS-26 ? I saw on this tread rumors for Jonny Kim or Anne McClain but strangely their is still nothing on GCTC website

Offline Ben E

• Liked: 101
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #164 on: 04/29/2024 07:44 pm »
I think NASA and Roscosmos are still negotiating seat exchanges, which I believe will be concluded this summer. Still can't quite see there being a U.S. astronaut on Soyuz MS-27 unless there's also a Russian cosmonaut on USCV-10 (Starliner-1).

Online John_Marshall

• Minneapolis
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 134
« Reply #165 on: 05/20/2024 04:44 pm »
Is it safe to assume that the two ESA seats to be announced Wednesday will be on Crew-10 and Starliner-2, since Crew-9 has been assigned, Starliner-1 is full assuming Yui flies, and it is not clear whether Crew-11 will be before or after Starliner-2?

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography