Author Topic: A word on NASASpaceflight.com and NASA TV coverage of STS-133  (Read 23928 times)

Offline Spooks

• Texas
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
I will admit, I found this sit WAY too late!!

I have followed NASA since I could say NASA, the Shuttle since John and Cripp flew in 81, I stayed up all night to watch it so I wouldn't over sleep!

I was 14 then, and through out the years, from watching NASA Select on C-Band, to present day, I have not found a more on the spot, informative site, with INSIDE NEWS and events, than this site!!

I own a could of websites, and totally understand the costs involved, across the board, but this one, with all that is given for free, and the tiny amount for L2 and ALL the information given to you, is the best there is out there, hand down!!!!

Thank you Mr. Bergin and all of those that make this site possible, and all of those within NASA and those that are just there because they want to be, make this site great!!!!!
Spooks is my nickname for 20+ years, I'm David and I'm a Space Junky!

Offline Frandolf

• Germany
  • Liked: 14
  • Likes Given: 110
As always I am late and catching up what was already writen in the posts.

So, I can only underline what was already mentioned.

And, I know, this is not the PAO-Thread, but I had the feeling the other PAOs improved this time as well. In particular it was a lot of fun how Brandy was interviewing the other people in the flight control room and joking about herself and her unability to pronounce the abreviations.  ;D

Offline Tourmaline

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Indeed, this site has been invaluable to me since I found it around the time of STS-124.  Hearty ISS-sized thanks to everyone who works so hard to make it the goldmine of information and enthusiasm it is. 

And if anyone is reading this thread and wondering if it's worth investing in a L2 subscription, my personal view is that once subscribed, you'll wonder why you waited so long.  Your inner spaceflight nerd will be performing a dance of joy at all the goodies ;)

Online Chris Bergin

Really appreciate the kind words on here :)
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline andy_l

• Liked: 13
  • Likes Given: 18
Just like to add my thanks to Chris and the whole team for the (as ever) superb coverage. I've been an L2 member for a couple of years now and the quality and breadth of information along with high calibre of forum posts never ceases to amaze.

Cheers all.

Offline ChrisC

• Veteran
  • Liked: 1561
  • Likes Given: 1749
The NSF coverage and forum activity here is fantastic of course.  Personally I'm happy that this place provides me with an outlet for my obsessive logging of activity on the NASA TV HD channel :) (see links in my sig below).

I particularly happy to see praise for Josh Byerly here.  While I recognize and appreciate all of the other PAOs, Josh is my favorite for his command of the facts and steady stance.  I especially appreciate him when Rob Navias is up and giving us his lugubrious delivery.  I know Rob is popular around here lately, but I remember a few years ago when everyone else here was rolling their eyes at him too.  What happened? :)

I don't have the time to hang out here between missions but I am glued to these forums in the week prior to and during missions.  Thanks to all the NSF contributors mentioned here, and see you all in about a month!
« Last Edit: 03/11/2011 01:22 am by ChrisC »
PSA #1: EST does NOT mean "Eastern Time".  Use "Eastern" or "ET" instead, all year round, and avoid this common error.  Google "EST vs EDT".
PSA #2: It's and its: know the difference and quietly impress grammar pedants.  Google "angry flower its" .  *** See profile for two more NSF forum tips. ***

Offline psloss

• Veteran armchair spectator
  • Liked: 4046
  • Likes Given: 2089
I particularly happy to see praise for Josh Byerly here.  While I recognize and appreciate all of the other PAOs, Josh is my favorite for his command of the facts and steady stance.  I especially appreciate him when Rob Navias is up and giving us his lugubrious delivery.  I know Rob is popular around here lately, but I remember a few years ago when everyone else here was rolling their eyes at him too.  What happened? :)
Rob Navias, lugubrious?  Sounds like we need to fire up a PAO thread again. ;D

Online Chris Bergin

Awww, got to love the Navias! I could listen to that man for hours on end.

He could read out his shopping list and you'd somehow end up feeling better informed about the space program by default.

"Milk - from the fridge - cold as the steppes of Kazakhstan when Expedition 22 Commander Jeff Williams and Flight Engineer Max Suraev landed their Soyuz TMA-16 spacecraft".

See what I mean! ;D
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline brueyh1976

• Armchair Astronaut
  • Southampton, UK
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 3
This place is amazing, I sub to L2 when I can afford to, it is amazing. Just want to say a big thank you to Chris and everyone who works with him. If it wasn't for this place, I would be so clueless and would be so behind on a mission as I work shifts
"Disovery, Houston - Roll Program"  "Roger Roll Discovery"

Offline Kassonian

• SE Minnesota USA
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 1
Sorry for keeping this thread going past what might be its reasonable expiration date  :)

Short background -I was born two weeks after Sputnik, and grew up with Gemini and Apollo. Learned early on not to correct the grade school teachers when they said something stupid incorrect.

I found NASASpaceflight.com in October when planning my and my wife's trip to Discovery's planned November launch. We couldn't return for her February launch but this site kept me connected, and *almost* made me feel like I was there, from pre-launch to post-landing.

You've got quite a community here! So much information. I work with a bunch of engineers, and they are starting to ask me Shuttle-related questions. I'm thinking my response should start with "I'm not a rocket scientist but I *did* read L2 last night."

So back to what I originally wanted to say - Thanks to all of you expert contributors here who keep the rest of us updated!

Offline jsmjr

• Washington, DC
  • Liked: 31
  • Likes Given: 28
"I'm not a rocket scientist but I *did* read L2 last night."

If you don't mind, I'm stealing this as my forum signature.

Offline psloss

• Veteran armchair spectator
  • Liked: 4046
  • Likes Given: 2089
Another postscript: Josh Byerly wanted to pass along thanks for all the kind words here about his commentary during the flight, it means a lot to him.

Online Chris Bergin

Sorry for keeping this thread going past what might be its reasonable expiration date  :)

Short background -I was born two weeks after Sputnik, and grew up with Gemini and Apollo. Learned early on not to correct the grade school teachers when they said something stupid incorrect.

I found NASASpaceflight.com in October when planning my and my wife's trip to Discovery's planned November launch. We couldn't return for her February launch but this site kept me connected, and *almost* made me feel like I was there, from pre-launch to post-landing.

You've got quite a community here! So much information. I work with a bunch of engineers, and they are starting to ask me Shuttle-related questions. I'm thinking my response should start with "I'm not a rocket scientist but I *did* read L2 last night."

So back to what I originally wanted to say - Thanks to all of you expert contributors here who keep the rest of us updated!

Really appreciate all the posts, and the one above is great! We must find a way to use that line ;D

And thanks for passing on about Josh, Philip. That's very nice :)

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography