Author Topic: Woodward Effect - Thread 2  (Read 276604 times)

Offline Ric Capucho

• Liked: 29
  • Likes Given: 18
Re: Woodward Effect - Thread 2
« Reply #700 on: 10/28/2022 11:11 am »
Years ago, someone (I think QuantumG?) made a profound suggestion:

“Chuck it out of an airlock”.

If it accelerates, then…

Ric

Offline vnbt4

• california
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #701 on: 12/06/2022 11:06 pm »
I have been considering doing an experiment using a magnet or magnets to drive a custom capacitor stack(polyurethane or other plastic as the dielectric) in a bull motor setup after reading the paper on asymmetric magnetic fields to drive mach effects. Not to different from another posters experiment but with a similar reaction Mass to the current MEGA drive design. I think this setup should counter the bulk acceleration issue with the MLTs. But I am just a layman with rust electronics experience and am wondering if there is any absolute requirements I am missing? I do also have a question in relation to the rubber pads used MEGA drive so far but I don't want to push my idiot bar to far...

Offline Spacegravity4me

« Reply #702 on: 12/07/2022 09:36 pm »
Hi, new here. Reading through things and just a bit confused. What's the current status of the Mach effect thruster? Verdict still out? Anything new or promising or are things headed the way of the em drive?

Offline edzieba

• Virtual Realist
  • United Kingdom
  • Liked: 9329
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #703 on: 12/08/2022 10:29 am »
I have been considering doing an experiment using a magnet or magnets to drive a custom capacitor stack(polyurethane or other plastic as the dielectric) in a bull motor setup after reading the paper on asymmetric magnetic fields to drive mach effects. Not to different from another posters experiment but with a similar reaction Mass to the current MEGA drive design. I think this setup should counter the bulk acceleration issue with the MLTs. But I am just a layman with rust electronics experience and am wondering if there is any absolute requirements I am missing? I do also have a question in relation to the rubber pads used MEGA drive so far but I don't want to push my idiot bar to far...
Most of your effort will need to go into the experimental apparatus and eliminating sources of error, from movement of wires powering the device, from thermal expansion issues, from friction issues, from forced airflow, etc.
Hi, new here. Reading through things and just a bit confused. What's the current status of the Mach effect thruster? Verdict still out? Anything new or promising or are things headed the way of the em drive?
All experiments thus far have either only found external errors (e.g. signals due to device heating, stick/slip issues), or have successfully pushed the measurement noise floor down so far that any actual effect - if there is one - would be less efficient than a regular photon thruster: i.e. your reactionless drive would be beaten by taking the same input power and illuminating a lamp at the back of the vehicle instead.

Offline JohnFornaro

• Not an expert
  • Delta-t is an important metric.
  • Planet Eaarth
    • Design / Program Associates
  • Liked: 1257
  • Likes Given: 724
« Reply #704 on: 12/09/2022 12:47 pm »

They're not finding significant results; they don't have a theory; and they have little to say on this thread.

If somebody has dicovered an effect, they are, quite understandably, not posting about their results.  Your assignment?  Tell us why, in your own words.
« Last Edit: 12/14/2022 11:19 am by JohnFornaro »
Sometimes I just flat out don't get it.

Offline vnbt4

• california
« Reply #705 on: 12/14/2022 12:03 am »
Answering the above question if they did find something nifty  then they may have to hide it because people might think it's a good idea to open a wormhole to the sun on a battle field..... or galactic conquest and the like.

But switching gears I am going to try to replicate James Woodwards findings for a 5 gram mass reduction at 66.6khz  I found two videos on YouTube one with a scale and another on how to make high voltage capacitors while also using a magnet to help drive the capacitor stack. I just need to build the drivers and the scale and if there is an effect anywhere near what Woodward saw the scale should show it and not move for at least a few seconds before the magnet heats up to much. I also intent to stick rubber pads and a PZT crystal in there to measure its impact.

Offline JohnFornaro

• Not an expert
  • Planet Eaarth
« Reply #706 on: 12/14/2022 11:26 am »
Answering the above question if they did find something nifty  then they may have to hide it because ...

...because of several irrelevant reasons by your own telling.

As to your sketch.  There is no scale nor accuracy to it.  The labeled parts of your "mechanism" are generic items.   You present no sequence of cause and effect.  The question you ask has been asked dozens of times on this thread.

Offline dustinthewind

• U.S. of A.
  • Liked: 313
  • Likes Given: 355
« Reply #707 on: 01/11/2023 01:15 am »
Years ago, someone (I think QuantumG?) made a profound suggestion:

“Chuck it out of an airlock”.

If it accelerates, then…

Ric

You don't really need an airlock.  You can do exactly what they do on this video.  Just seal you unit from airflow induced propulsion. 
« Last Edit: 01/11/2023 01:16 am by dustinthewind »
Follow the science? What is science with out the truth.  If there is no truth in it it is not science.  Truth is found by open discussion and rehashing facts not those that moderate it to fit their agenda.  In the end the truth speaks for itself.  Beware the strong delusion and lies mentioned in 2ndThesalonians2:11.  The last stage of Babylon is transhumanism.  Clay mingled with iron (flesh mingled with machine).  MK ultra out of control.  Consider bill gates patent 202060606 (666), that hacks the humans to make their brains crunch C R Y P T O. Are humans hackable animals or are they protected like when Jesus cast out the legion?

Offline Bob Woods

• Salem, Oregon USA
  • Liked: 529
  • Likes Given: 1579
« Reply #708 on: 01/11/2023 06:59 am »
Ok, let's go back to basics. Introduce electro magnetic radiation and create thrust. That means transforming an electromagnetic waveform into at particle form. That means creating a Z Boson out of EM radiation into a proton sized particle to provide significant thrust.

Rinse, wash and repeat every millisecond and you have an impulse drive capable to exploring the solar system at high, but less than, light speeds.

I'm too old to do it, but I'll settle for 10% of the patent.

I'm old. Get it done.
« Last Edit: 01/11/2023 07:01 am by Bob Woods »

Offline RERT

« Reply #709 on: 01/12/2023 03:01 pm »
You stimulate a thought: you don't need a propellantless thruster if you can persuade the vacuum to spit out propellant.

Can that be better than a photon rocket, I wonder....

Offline Alex_O

• Russia
  • Liked: 27
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #710 on: 01/13/2023 04:10 pm »

Hey! Question on a subject. Gymnastics for the mind and all that ..
I often watch this video

Dr. Rodal noted that "WE" needed the right damper. These balls.. Each ball has its own inertia, but we see a simple technology for changing the physical state of a large number of balls (trial physical bodies), and this technology works somehow very reliably. There are many physical bodies (balls) in the system, and each body moves along a random, chaotic trajectory. But we see an amazing effect - when chaotic particles (balls) have a common physics.

Mentally compare these balls with the stack of PZT in MEGADrive and to our surprise - we see a lot in common. Dr. Woodward is looking for practical technology to change the inertial mass - not just an array of capacitors or piezoelectric elements, no, no no, he is trying to change the inertia of atomic particles, atoms, electrons .. or even quarks that make up the atoms of piezoelectric elements.

It seems to me that this is a very difficult technical task, since in a solid body atoms (or quarks) are somehow very strongly connected (by large nuclear forces). And each atom makes chaotic thermal vibrations in a very rigid crystal lattice, at a very high frequency.

In well-known experiments, a very ..soft power is used to create a useful effect. In the sense of electromagnetic forces, if you look at force diagrams - where we see simple harmonic, smooth functions - these are very soft forces.
And what is the soft power frequency of 34 kHz, if this soft power is trying to change the physical state of "hard atoms" when this "hardness" lives at a super frequency - at the level of 1015 Hz, as an option.
Here is a comparison - you have a trial body. You want to change the physical state of the trial body. But this state is a characteristic derived from strong, strict, fast physics, and this physics works, exists, and manifests itself at an ultrahigh frequency.

And your instrument of influence on the body is a simple downy, super-soft pillow. This can be compared to a boxing match in the ring, where one boxer is armed with super soft gloves, while his opponent is armed with armor-piercing armor.
===============

And so, I look at these balls. And I think that inertia is somehow complicated physics, that it is somehow difficult / difficult / difficult / long to change the inertia of these balls.
But maybe inertia can be somehow .. polarized ???
Let the scalar remain a scalar, or let it take a hell of a lot of hard work and a hell of a lot of energy to change that scalar. (multiple of E=mc).

Let's try to somehow "twist" it, polarize it. Let the inertia of these balls be slightly different, only along the coordinate axes. We see how the balls together, well jump up and down = and badly jump right and left. Let the inertia of each ball be different, when moving up and down, or left and right
If inertia can be polarized, then a polarized inertia damper can be built. This will be a device for polarizing the absorbed pulse. When , for example, any input pulse is automatically distributed over orthogonal vectors, but asymmetrically.

Then any rocket can easily catch (with a polarized inertia damper) its spent reactive mass and return it back to the motor for reuse. For the recovery of Not energy, but for the recovery of matter - "mass".
==

Surprisingly, every time in this idea the universe is on our side. You just need to take a few Brownian particles, then shake them well (in the right way) and all this chaotic stuff (garbage) will automatically "shrink down", "find its place", "polarize" and change its state from "bezpontovy" to very useful.
« Last Edit: 01/13/2023 04:11 pm by Alex_O »

Offline D_Dom

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 481
  • Likes Given: 152
« Reply #711 on: 01/13/2023 08:44 pm »
Quoting Chris Bergin from a different thread;
"Objective skeptical inquiry is strongly welcome.   Disagreements should be expressed politely, concentrating on the technical, engineering and scientific aspects, instead of focusing on people.   As such, the use of experimental data, mathematics, physics, engineering, drawings, spreadsheets and computer simulations are strongly encouraged, while subjective wordy statements are discouraged."

Here is what I think might be on-topic from the above post, I will think about this some more, a likely result is to remove the off topic sections entirely.

Dr. Woodward is looking for practical technology to change the inertial mass - not just an array of capacitors or piezoelectric elements, no, no no, he is trying to change the inertia of atomic particles, atoms, electrons .. or even quarks that make up the atoms of piezoelectric elements.
It seems to me that this is a very difficult technical task, since in a solid body atoms (or quarks) are somehow very strongly connected (by large nuclear forces). And each atom makes chaotic thermal vibrations in a very rigid crystal lattice, at a very high frequency.

If inertia can be polarized, then a polarized inertia damper can be built. This will be a device for polarizing the absorbed pulse. When , for example, any input pulse is automatically distributed over orthogonal vectors, but asymmetrically.

Then any rocket can easily catch (with a polarized inertia damper) its spent reactive mass and return it back to the motor for reuse. For the recovery of Not energy, but for the recovery of matter - "mass".
==

I am always happy to see new activity in these threads but this is not a place for wild speculation.
« Last Edit: 01/13/2023 08:48 pm by D_Dom »
Space is not merely a matter of life or death, it is considerably more important than that!

Offline JohnFornaro

• Not an expert
  • Planet Eaarth
« Reply #712 on: 01/14/2023 10:00 am »

Hey! Question on a subject. ...

You've  probably heard of the wee-ooo claims that the Egyptians levitated those huge blocks of limestone into the pryamids by using sound.  It seemed to me to be a good hypothesis in priniciple, but not pragmatic.  Note the low sound levels for those sytrofoam balls, and consider the mass diff between the balls and the limestone blocks.  The sound levels necessary would have to be huge.

I don't think there's any correlation between sound frequencies and your suppositions about a "polarized inertia damper".

Offline JohnFornaro

• Not an expert
  • Planet Eaarth
« Reply #713 on: 01/14/2023 10:01 am »
"Objective skeptical inquiry is strongly welcome...."

I am always happy to see new activity in these threads but this is not a place for wild speculation.

Agreed.

Offline Alex_O

• Russia
« Reply #714 on: 01/14/2023 11:01 am »
"Objective skeptical inquiry is strongly welcome.   Disagreements should be expressed politely, concentrating on the technical, engineering and scientific aspects, instead of focusing on people.   As such, the use of experimental data, mathematics, physics, engineering, drawings, spreadsheets and computer simulations are strongly encouraged, while subjective wordy statements are discouraged."

Here is what I think might be on-topic from the above post, I will think about this some more, a likely result is to remove the off topic sections entirely.

Dr. Woodward is looking for practical technology to change the inertial mass - not just an array of capacitors or piezoelectric elements, no, no no, he is trying to change the inertia of atomic particles, atoms, electrons .. or even quarks that make up the atoms of piezoelectric elements.

==

Hi D_Dom!

In the Chris Bergin thread - is there by any chance a description of the working drawings of a stellar engine for a flight to the planet Mars in 42 hours? Or, do you have a good idea for such a trip?

Let's look at my post again, more closely.

Here are the Styrofoam balls in a large test tube. It's easy to imagine that each ball is a small MEGADrive, right? You see the simple design of the new version of MEGADrive, which stands out.

a) each ball can be a dielectric and be like a piezocrystal from a PZT stack. Do you agree?
b) All balls are in a mechanical acceleration field, and this is an important part of the MEGADrive technology, do you agree?
c) It is easy to add any additional fields to this "test tube" - for example, variable electromagnetic, fast thermal waves and stationary electric and magnetic fields. What is impossible in the known MEGADrive releases.
d) any ball can be made using advanced technology, for example, taking into account the experience of Evgeny Podkletnov (adding gold atoms to disks) or taking into account the experience of practical manufacturing of microcircuits.
e) The latest news from the world of nanotubes can be useful, in terms of applying special coatings, where you can easily create conditions for "boiling the vacuum".

As discussed earlier, all of Dr. Woodward's ideas are examples of macroscopic physics, but in this physics, all the important details of the MEGADrive work according to the laws of the microcosm, quantum mechanics, and obviously - according to the laws of a new physics that has not yet been studied - outside the Standard Model or in a space not yet known quantum gravity.

Noble laureate, author of the LIGO detector = - Kip Thorne in the Kip version of Interstellar boldly discusses issues of new physics (beyond known) and this creates a source of strong inspiration for this post on this forum,

Do you agree with my reference to Kip Thorne's experience?

While studying bouncing balls or bouncing silicone drops in another video, we make a very important observation.

This is an example of a polysystem, a small MEGADrive can be installed in each balloon. And a new idea is proposed for using a change in inertial mass - not to create engine thrust (as in the example of a boat with moving loads) - but simply to simultaneously change the physical properties of a large number of "balls" - to build a damper, convector, impulse converter.

Then, if each ball can exhibit the properties of variable inertia, then it is very easy to use in practical technology, in a simple design.

At the same time, the laws of large numbers, the laws of statistics, mathematical probability can be more useful and enhance useful effects due to simple resonances.

What we see directly in the video above.

It is known that solids can perform quadrupole oscillations, for example, in the field of gravitational or electromagnetic waves.

Bodies can absorb quanta or waves, and the mass of bodies can be a change.

And what about some vector oscillations of the inertial mass? In a simple system of many oscillators? Here are simple terms - soliton of inertia, wave of inertia, polarization of inertia.

Please note that according to modern ideas about the structure of the universe, various wave phenomena, the physics of solitons and the physics of polarization are widely represented in the universe.

And if the inertia of bodies is the result of still unexplored physical phenomena, processes, energy-mass flows in the universe, then any Engineer can say.

Hey guys, let's build a polarizer for inertia. This joke will work since there are many examples of different polarizers in the universe. On various scales, from microcosm to cosmological. And all known polarizers have a single physical principle (algorithm), standard design and all that.
« Last Edit: 01/14/2023 11:39 am by Alex_O »

Offline Alex_O

• Russia
« Reply #715 on: 01/14/2023 11:16 am »

Hey! Question on a subject. ...

You've  probably heard of the wee-ooo claims that the Egyptians levitated those huge blocks of limestone into the pryamids by using sound.  It seemed to me to be a good hypothesis in priniciple, but not pragmatic.  Note the low sound levels for those sytrofoam balls, and consider the mass diff between the balls and the limestone blocks.  The sound levels necessary would have to be huge.

I don't think there's any correlation between sound frequencies and your suppositions about a "polarized inertia damper".

Hi!

Sound waves are of course not a good fit, you can use stronger fields in denser media, this is universal. It is important that this will create super-strong accelerations, other antennas will be able to create denser transferring energy flows.

If the balls have a variable inertial mass, then the inertia polarizer will work by itself, automatically. Just according to the laws of geometric probability, the long side walls of the damper will absorb more momentum than the end walls. Orthogonal, perpendicular to the flight path of the rocket. The trap will catch the propellant that has flown away, release energy through the IR perpendicular to the rocket's trajectory, and the rocket's stern will not receive a braking impulse.

Offline Alex_O

• Russia
« Reply #716 on: 01/14/2023 12:25 pm »
A new stand design is proposed.

Favorably differs in that the main detail - the cylinder is not mobile. No torsion balance and no measurement problems.

a) there are many moving parts (balls) in the cylinder
b) all parts (balls) move freely, simply, chaotically and this does not interfere with the task of measuring the effect.
c) There are two movable nodes = Left and Right End Wall. It's like the pistons of an air cylinder.
d) There are different sources of power, energy, useful resources - everything works simply, in a simple design with thick walls, rigid supports.
e) After turning on the Power - all jumping parts (balls) will receive the property of variable inertia in 4-space-time. It can be random variables, chaotic.
f) Known techniques for creating coherent states can be used independently to stabilize (control) the variable inertia of each part (balls). Feedback control systems can be recommended.

As a result, to test Dr. Woodward's hypothesis of a variable inertial mass, one can simply create an impact with a calibrated impulse on the Left Movable End Wall and measure the reaction of the system - the impulse on the Right Movable End Wall.

A good result is for a cylindrical damper with a length to diameter ratio of 100:1 to obtain an input pulse damping factor of 99%.

The negative factor is the poor polarization of the variable inertia of the balls in the 4th universe, for simple, natural reasons, which can be improved through design and fast control..

Offline JohnFornaro

• Not an expert
  • Planet Eaarth
« Reply #717 on: 01/14/2023 12:43 pm »
"It's easy to imagine that each ball is a small MEGADrive..."

Imagination of this sort stands in defiance of the laws of physics.

Where's Jim when you need him?

Offline Alex_O

• Russia
« Reply #718 on: 01/14/2023 01:32 pm »
"It's easy to imagine that each ball is a small MEGADrive..."

Imagination of this sort stands in defiance of the laws of physics.

Where's Jim when you need him?

Not understood. How is this contrary to physics?
Take the working drawings of the Woodward devices, remove all attachment points, supports, torsion bars and ask any factory to make an analogue, but in the design of small bodies, for example, balls. And put them in the pipe like in the video.
Then solve the problem of supplying power to each ball, for example, using contactless technologies. So that you can charge capacitors or turn on / off piezoelectric elements. Or let there be wires / contacts, it doesn’t matter.
Then use external force fields (magnets??) to create flying, levitating, or bouncing balls. Or let them float in oil, and a powerful discharge (current spark) will create high impulse pressures in the liquid and strong compression and acceleration of the balls.
And many more ways. And where is the bad physics?

Offline RERT

« Reply #719 on: 01/16/2023 04:27 pm »
You stimulate a thought: you don't need a propellantless thruster if you can persuade the vacuum to spit out propellant.

Can that be better than a photon rocket, I wonder....

Sadly, but not unexpectedly, no. If you create particles of mass m and velocity v, their momentum is γmv and total energy
γmc^2. If you used (only) that energy to create photons, they have momentum γmc^2/c = γmc. So a photon rocket is better unless v>c  :(

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography