Poll

First to deploy their constellation...Generation 2 Starlink or Kuiper First?

Starlink Gen 2
17 (81%)
Kuiper Gen 1
4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closes: 09/05/2022 01:45 am

Author Topic: First to deploy their constellation...Generation 2 Starlink or Kuiper First?  (Read 1140 times)

The knowledge is power...Everything is connected...
The Turtle continues at a steady pace ...

Online AmigaClone

I voted that Kuiper gen 1 has a chance of being fully launched before Starlink gen 2 (the 30,000 satellite constellation).

The reason is because I have not seen evidence that Starlink gen2 has been approved yet. Also, for now at least, SpaceX does not have permission to launch from Boca Chica, and the other potential launch sites are between the status of unfinished and not yet started.

Online c4fusion

• Sleeper Service
  • Liked: 80
  • Likes Given: 118
I voted that Kuiper gen 1 has a chance of being fully launched before Starlink gen 2 (the 30,000 satellite constellation).

The reason is because I have not seen evidence that Starlink gen2 has been approved yet. Also, for now at least, SpaceX does not have permission to launch from Boca Chica, and the other potential launch sites are between the status of unfinished and not yet started.

Interesting, I read the OP as launching the first satellite of either Starlink gen 2 or Kuiper.  That being said, Starlink gen 2 is not the 30k satelites but rather filling out the 11k current slots with the giant Starship launched ones that are being launched soon(tm).

Online AmigaClone

Interesting, I read the OP as launching the first satellite of either Starlink gen 2 or Kuiper.  That being said, Starlink gen 2 is not the 30k satelites but rather filling out the 11k current slots with the giant Starship launched ones that are being launched soon(tm).

Actually, per the documents filed with the FCC, SpaceX has consistently referred to Gen2 as the 30k satellite constellation, and the Starlink Gen 1 as the one being currently deployed.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement SkyTale Software GmbH
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography